Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Old 02-12-2016, 08:29 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
More importantly...what is the status on the SSS?
Please be careful with what you're asking for. I don't want pictures!
Old 02-12-2016, 08:55 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

More importantly...what is the status on the SSS? I'm good with any font or color...expect that yellow. Man that is harsh on these old eyes.
Sorry Porchy but that was for CPB's eyes LOL
Klick in it He had a special request for it.

for CPBhttp://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...ion&font=serif
Old 02-12-2016, 08:57 AM
Sport_Pilot

Yellow what yellow? I went back and what I thought was blank has yellow text. I can not read it at all!
Old 02-12-2016, 08:59 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
Please be careful with what you're asking for. I don't want pictures!
If there were Pics ... I'd be arrested for Multiple ManSlaughter charges ....

U know how many people would die LAUGHING them selves to death?

By request of CPB http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...ion&font=serif

Old 02-12-2016, 09:47 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Yellow what yellow? I went back and what I thought was blank has yellow text. I can not read it at all!
Sport , when da dawg does that with the all but invisible yellow letters , if your really curious to read it , do this ;

position your cursor to the right of the text , press and hold your left mouse button , and sweep left which will "highlight" the surrounding area blue and render the "invisible" text instantly readable .

Once I learned that trick , I quickly learned there ain't much of value hiding in Zappa's yellow snow ....
Old 02-12-2016, 10:06 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

That's the idea.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:33 AM
franklin_m

I wonder what Frankie has to say about this one:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c5a_1453504784
Nothing prohibits the heli from flying there. Note that he was over water and nothing under him. No matter what though, the drone has to avoid the full scale. In fact, didn't BB say that directly? I seem to recall him saying that it's the model pilot's responsibility to avoid "even if that means putting the plane into the dirt."
Old 02-12-2016, 10:41 AM
franklin_m

But they don't need justification, or games, or false pretenses to "flex their muscle" as someone else has said. They can do what they want, when they want, why wait? .... Why can't they use the hundreds and hundreds (or even thousands) of reported near misses over the past few years as justification for what they do?
Because even the FAA has to be concerned about public perception. The old adage about "How do you eat an elephant...One bite at a time" seems to apply. Look at the whining and complaining about including an FAA number. I submit it would be much worse if they would have jumped in so quickly with a national 400' limit on non-commercial sUAS operations.

So, what they do is sit back and wait for continued reports. Then they implement a similar rule around class B/C. Then they wait some more, and when its still happening around other airports, then they implement at class D. Then finally, when the knuckleheads still don't fly responsibly, the FAA can say "Since lesser measures have failed, then we'll go 400' nationally."
Old 02-12-2016, 10:45 AM
Sport_Pilot

And the 400 foot rule won't help either. You have to educate the idiot's!
Old 02-12-2016, 10:46 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Nothing prohibits the heli from flying there. Note that he was over water and nothing under him. No matter what though, the drone has to avoid the full scale. In fact, didn't BB say that directly? I seem to recall him saying that it's the model pilot's responsibility to avoid "even if that means putting the plane into the dirt."
He wasn';t over water the camera was pointed at the beach. The ferris wheel was to the right so the beach was down the pier where the camera was pointed.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:48 AM
franklin_m

And the 400 foot rule won't help either. You have to educate the idiot's!
Nope, but it does make it much easier to enforce since the "safe" limit is no longer left "in the eyes of the beholder." So to speak.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:54 AM
franklin_m

He wasn';t over water the camera was pointed at the beach. The ferris wheel was to the right so the beach was down the pier where the camera was pointed.
I maintain the helo was over the water or so close it's immaterial from a flight rules standdpoint.

As the MR is pointing generally north (it's Palos Verdes = California = water is to the west and therefore camera on MR is pointed generally north), the full scale heli passes to the left of the MR - over water.

Additionally, I find it hard to believe that after covering the distance in the video that the MR operator was flying IAW the FAA interpretation of line of sight.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:19 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

So the full size was not violating any minimum altitude requirements?
Old 02-12-2016, 11:26 AM
Sport_Pilot

I maintain the helo was over the water or so close it's immaterial from a flight rules standdpoint.

As the MR is pointing generally north (it's Palos Verdes = California = water is to the west and therefore camera on MR is pointed generally north), the full scale heli passes to the left of the MR - over water.

Additionally, I find it hard to believe that after covering the distance in the video that the MR operator was flying IAW the FAA interpretation of line of sight.
I think we are talking about a different video. I thought we were discussing the one taken from Santa Monica pier. In that one the heli was over the beach. In the other he was to be 500 feet from the beach unless there was nobody there. I suspect the MR pilot did not see the heli in time to react, but the heli did avoid the drone. I suspect it was probably harder to see as it was happening as when watching the recording.
Old 02-12-2016, 11:32 AM
Sport_Pilot

On the video taken from the drone that was supposedly less than 400 feet. It is possible the drone pilot was in violation without realizing it. If he took off from the top of the cliff and was less than 400 feet above where he took off, then flew out past the cliff then he would then be above 400 feet AGL. So he might have been 600 feet and higher and the heli at 500 feet. But who knows?
Old 02-12-2016, 12:25 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Because even the FAA has to be concerned about public perception. The old adage about "How do you eat an elephant...One bite at a time" seems to apply. Look at the whining and complaining about including an FAA number. I submit it would be much worse if they would have jumped in so quickly with a national 400' limit on non-commercial sUAS operations.

So, what they do is sit back and wait for continued reports. Then they implement a similar rule around class B/C. Then they wait some more, and when its still happening around other airports, then they implement at class D. Then finally, when the knuckleheads still don't fly responsibly, the FAA can say "Since lesser measures have failed, then we'll go 400' nationally."
I submit they could care less about public perception..they do what they want unless told by congress to the courts otherwise...and not always then!

More importantly....is an elephant tastier then crispy fried bacon...even in little bites?
Old 02-12-2016, 12:34 PM
franklin_m

So the full size was not violating any minimum altitude requirements?
Not that I can find - FAR 91.119 Minimum Safe Altitudes, in this case specifically paragraph d(1).

http://rgl.faa.gov/regulatory_and_gu...2576c100763e31
Old 02-12-2016, 12:38 PM
franklin_m

I submit they could care less about public perception..they do what they want unless told by congress to the courts otherwise...and not always then!
Perhaps, but I actually think they're being more strategic in this effort. They're reasonably confident there will continue to be near misses, and provided that occurs, they'll have strong support from Congress, media, and the public. "If your opponent is digging a hole, whatever you do, don't stop him - and if you can, hand him a bigger shovel."
Old 02-12-2016, 12:39 PM
franklin_m

I think we are talking about a different video. I thought we were discussing the one taken from Santa Monica pier. In that one the heli was over the beach. In the other he was to be 500 feet from the beach unless there was nobody there. I suspect the MR pilot did not see the heli in time to react, but the heli did avoid the drone. I suspect it was probably harder to see as it was happening as when watching the recording.
When I clicked on the link in your "Wonder what frankie thinks...post" it took me to one at Palos Verdes.
Old 02-12-2016, 02:44 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by init4fun
Sport , when da dawg does that with the all but invisible yellow letters , if your really curious to read it , do this ;

position your cursor to the right of the text , press and hold your left mouse button , and sweep left which will "highlight" the surrounding area blue and render the "invisible" text instantly readable .

Once I learned that trick , I quickly learned there ain't much of value hiding in Zappa's yellow snow ....
Hey it don't worry your p sized think'r the Yellow is for the Back-N-Ator any he requested it.

By request of CPBhttp://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...ion&font=serif
Old 02-12-2016, 02:50 PM
HoundDog

Can't read either it said just Klick on it.

That's the idea.
come on now bacon-8-er U asked me for the count down clock and I gave it to U like in tour own YELLOW Style
Now U turn on me bad bad bad.

By request of CPB
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...ion&font=serif
Old 02-12-2016, 02:54 PM
HoundDog

He Doppy the Drone didn't even come close to the Stupid Chopper Pilot. He has 1 in a million of hitting drone down there ... about a ton to 1 chance of Putting a seagull through his rotor or wind screen. cause that where Millions of Pelicans seagulls and other sea birds fly from before sune to sundown.

Klick Here ---> http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...ion&font=serif
Old 02-12-2016, 02:59 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Can't read either it said just Klick on it.

come on now bacon-8-er U asked me for the count down clock and I gave it to U like in tour own YELLOW Style
Now U turn on me bad bad bad.

By request of CPB
http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...ion&font=serif
Doggie, I don't want everyone to see our secret messages. If they can't figure it out....
Old 02-12-2016, 03:06 PM
HoundDog

(1) A helicopter may be operated at less than the minimums prescribed in paragraph (b) or (c) of this section, provided each person operating the helicopter complies with any routes or altitudes specifically prescribed for helicopters by the FAA;

If the stupid Chopper Pilot was more than 500' off shore and now one was near On or in the water he would still be violating 91.119 (b) 1
I doubt very seriously that there any prescribed or otherwise Helicopter routs along the beach. The chopper Pilot should be sited for breaking FAR 91.119 and some other FAR too.
Old 02-12-2016, 03:19 PM
HoundDog

Remember after sunday night 21 Feb '16 to make U ave your FAA license in your Possession and that Number on/in your any R/C TOY U fly in the NAS.

http://www.timeanddate.com/countdown...ion&font=serif <----- Klick here

Now get together and Petition the AMA congress FAA CIA bIEA congress the THE Donald ... whom ever for 2400+ Restricted areas around any and all registered R/C Flying sites in the USA... It's our airspace if we can't share the air space with full scale aircraft and give way then they can just stay the HE[[ away our miniscule amount of our GOD GIVEN NAS.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.