Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 12:45 PM
AllModesR/C

Received 6 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Contact your local FSDO They probably know. Don't forget to have your FAA number ID with U and be sure Your Models have it too. Might just get ramp checked. I think AMA airfields are now legal for FAA inspectors to do ramp checks.
I understand all that. I was specifically asking about the reward program.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:01 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
OMG that means the AMA museum has a whole lot or registering to do!
Only those that fly and I doubt many do. Most are clerks.

Now for the $27,000 question I have a canadian student flying his apprentice he bought in the USA last week, and he is flying under the AMA INTRO PILOT program. He is flying with out a buddy box at present. I just flip the mode switch back into BEginner if he panics or get's too fare out of shape.

Is there any responsibility to have some sort of FAA number on /in the apprentice. what if We Use a Buddy Box? Now come on all U FAA/AMA/ registeratiom GOROOS must have some answer and why U think U are correct.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:04 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

From the front page of RCU......

http://www.usfpvleague.com/

An estimated 16,000 people will attend and watch these races. Yup...that sure is a group of people the AMA should have shunned!

Wonder how many other "traditional" RC events have to be added together to get those kind of numbers......???
Old 02-23-2016, 01:07 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Contact your local FSDO They probably know. Don't forget to have your FAA number ID with U and be sure Your Models have it too. Might just get ramp checked. I think AMA airfields are now legal for FAA inspectors to do ramp checks.
Oh my god-Let's play real pilot!!!! Do you wear a David Clark Headset as well when you fly your RC toy or wear a white crew shirt with crew epaulettes?
Old 02-23-2016, 01:15 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83

An estimated 16,000 people will attend and watch these races. Yup...that sure is a group of people the AMA should have shunned!

Wonder how many other "traditional" RC events have to be added together to get those kind of numbers......???
It's not about the numbers. Bigger does not equal better. 😀

Astro
Old 02-23-2016, 01:20 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by Rob2160
Maybe that estimate is true but you are still missing the real point of the registration system.

It has given the FAA more power to deal with unregistered rogue pilots

That was the first step...

They are now working with DHS on detection equipment that can locate the drone operator regardless of being registered or not.

http://www.aerospace-technology.com/...rports-4816450

http://www.suasnews.com/2016/02/faa-...etection-work/

The drone detection process includes CACI's proof-of-concept system, which uses radio frequency sensors at strategic locations around an airport. When sensors detect frequencies, it triangulates the signals and identifies the location of the UAS and its operator.

"SkyTracker successfully identified, detected and tracked UAS in flight, and precisely located drone ground operators, all without interfering with airport ground operations. "

Plenty of other systems in development also.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG2PDppAK78 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P8aZ0zWX3SA
What about the autonomous drones flown to specific way points and altitudes from an IPhone or tablet? No 2.4 Ghz signal is ever generated or broad cast ... they won't/don't know where the Drone Pilot is With in a 3 mile radius circle . Only Received GPS signals PERIOD. Nothing broadcast from the drone at all. May be I could get that tuned up good enough for Pylon or quickie 500 racing. Now there's an idea. Another line of thought since it is autonomous and U Are not flying it is it subject to the Line of Sight thing. U may be able to set up a course on the phone and start it flying from the other side of the world with a cell phone and the Internet. I think I saw an ad just for that some where. Had a camera too.

OH Crap it's way past my NP time Nighty Night all.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:26 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by PLANE JIM
Oh my god-Let's play real pilot!!!! Do you wear a David Clark Headset as well when you fly your RC toy or wear a white crew shirt with crew epaulettes?
LoL...Roger Roger...what's your vector Victor!

Hey Jim, any update on that CBO/insurance thing that I think you references in one of these threads? Going national yet?
Old 02-23-2016, 01:27 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by astrohog
It's not about the numbers. Bigger does not equal better. 

Astro
uh...err...um.....eh.....never mind!
Old 02-23-2016, 01:34 PM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kinda like the "millions " of drones flying around? 16,000 is really a stretch maybe even a over the top guess, but I guess we'll see.

Mike
Old 02-23-2016, 01:36 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Hey Jim, any update on that CBO/insurance thing that I think you references in one of these threads? Going national yet?
I told you already-your not invited!
Old 02-23-2016, 01:37 PM
HoundDog

Why DON"T U...we've got some guys the dress the whole thing, Combat boots (Brown from WWII) khaki pants and shirt Captain's Bars and Fifty mission Crush on their Service caps. I'd bet they'rd where Bomber Jackets (Leather ) if it didn't get so hot. They call them selves the 1/8 Air Force. Get it Like the 8th Air Force in europe in the 40's
Old 02-23-2016, 01:46 PM
porcia83
Banned

Default Oh the agony !!!!!

I told you already-your not invited!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	images2.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	2149031   Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	11.1 KB
ID:	2149032  
Attached Images  
Old 02-23-2016, 01:46 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Kinda like the "millions " of drones flying around? 16,000 is really a stretch maybe even a over the top guess, but I guess we'll see.

Mike
Just make it mandatory to have Insurance from a CBO and fly only on registered R/C Flying sites.
I'll bet someone could get a groupe rate thru Lloyd's Of London Like the have in Australia $20 Million in PRIMARY insurance. Better n what's we's been getten froms the Only CBO round Namely the AMA.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:50 PM
porcia83
Banned

Mike
Wait..weren't you one of those folks going on and on about the millions of "drones" out there? I don't doubt that over a million have been sold do you? As for the other number, it figures you would downplay that one, but for an event of that size, over 2 days, it doesn't seem outrageous. How many people do you think go through NALL over two days? Or any large scale international event? Keep in mind they don't specify pilot versus spectator.
Old 02-23-2016, 01:52 PM
porcia83
Banned

Just make it mandatory to have Insurance from a CBO and fly only on registered R/C Flying sites.
I'll bet someone could get a groupe rate thru Lloyd's Of London Like the have in Australia $20 Million in PRIMARY insurance. Better n what's we's been getten froms the Only CBO round Namely the AMA.
I hope you don't have much riding on the bet Doggy......you would lose it all. There is no better deal out there.....and what we get is clearly sufficient and more importantly cost effective.

If there was a better deal out there...don't you think we'd know about it. Or at least get invited to know about it...
Old 02-23-2016, 02:44 PM
rcmiket

Wait..weren't you one of those folks going on and on about the millions of "drones" out there? I don't doubt that over a million have been sold do you? As for the other number, it figures you would downplay that one, but for an event of that size, over 2 days, it doesn't seem outrageous. How many people do you think go through NALL over two days? Or any large scale international event? Keep in mind they don't specify pilot versus spectator.

No wrong I was the one commenting on how disappointed I was that there were NOT millions flying around. I wager that they get nowhere 16,000 in attendance unless the spotters are 1/2 naked Victoria Secret models serving wings and beer to the spectators..

Mike
Old 02-23-2016, 02:53 PM
porcia83
Banned

Oh my......that would be interesting!
Old 02-23-2016, 03:34 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

No wrong I was the one commenting on how disappointed I was that there were NOT millions flying around. I wager that they get nowhere 16,000 in attendance unless the spotters are 1/2 naked Victoria Secret models serving wings and beer to the spectators..

Mike
Frankie said no distractions on the flight line.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:01 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
Frankie said no distractions on the flight line.
HA! You actually made me LOL on that one!!! (can't believe I admitted it, though!) Thanks for the laugh!

Astro
Old 02-23-2016, 04:15 PM
porcia83
Banned

You forgot one or two of these!
Old 02-23-2016, 04:28 PM
rcmiket

Oh my......that would be interesting!

No that would be freaking awesome.

Mike
Old 02-23-2016, 04:31 PM
BobbyMcGee

Do I have to register my UAS immediately? Is there a grace period?

A. All small unmanned aircraft that meet the registration criteria must be registered prior to operation outdoors. If you operated your small unmanned aircraft UAS before Dec. 21, 2015, the FAA provided a grace period during which you were permitted to continue operations without registering the aircraft. However, beginning February 19, 2016, all small unmanned aircraft owners must register their aircraft if they wish to continue to operate outdoors.
I flew my planes on Sunday and still have not registered with the FAA.
It felt great.

So, if I crash a plane, will the NTSB have to investigate the cause of the crash?
Hahahaha

Maybe we should report all crashes to the FAA and the NTSB!
Hell, they want to regulate us? Then let them "enjoy" the full responsibility of monitoring our hobby!

Next, I'll operate my tanks and R/C cars on the highways and roads, and create all sorts of problems! After a few years of that, maybe the government will regulate those toys too! Maybe even force every r/c buggy operator to register their r/c cars and tanks with the DMV

This world is becoming incredibly stupid!

Last edited by BobbyMcGee; 02-23-2016 at 04:33 PM.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:28 PM
HoundDog

I hope you don't have much riding on the bet Doggy......you would lose it all. There is no better deal out there.....and what we get is clearly sufficient and more importantly cost effective.

If there was a better deal out there...don't you think we'd know about it. Or at least get invited to know about it...
A week or two I spoke with a couple of R/C Jet flyers from Australia and We got talking about the differences between R/C in Australia. They stated that for $100/year (Australian) about $75 US they get $20 Million of Primary Insurance thru Lloyd's of London.
What say U Rob2160:
Old 02-23-2016, 05:35 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by BobbyMcGee
It felt great.

So, if I crash a plane, will the NTSB have to investigate the cause of the crash?
Hahahaha

Hell, they want to regulate us? Then let them "enjoy" the full responsibility of monitoring our hobby!

Next, I'll operate my tanks and R/C cars on the highways and roads, and create all sorts of problems! After a few years of that, maybe the government will regulate those toys too! Maybe even force every r/c buggy operator to register their r/c cars and tanks with the DMV

The only really STUPID is what U see in the Mirror ... By the way what is your address in Southern Florida.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:35 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by BobbyMcGee
It felt great.

Hahahaha

Well...funny you mention that part about reporting. Someone here...one being the operative word would like to create a scheme/program where we capture those accidents and crashes at the field. Somehow this would lead to safer flying...? But ya, let's create a new reporting structure where we capture accidents and mishaps at the field and memorialize that for.....um...safety sake?

It's a mad mad mad mad mad world.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.