Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Old 02-23-2016, 05:37 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HoundDog
The only really STUPID is what U see in the Mirror ... By the way what is your address in Southern Florida.
HD buddy...you miss your SSS today?
Old 02-23-2016, 05:37 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Originally Posted by BobbyMcGee
I flew my planes on Sunday and still have not registered with the FAA.
It felt great.

So, if I crash a plane, will the NTSB have to investigate the cause of the crash?
Hahahaha

Maybe we should report all crashes to the FAA and the NTSB!
Hell, they want to regulate us? Then let them "enjoy" the full responsibility of monitoring our hobby!

Next, I'll operate my tanks and R/C cars on the highways and roads, and create all sorts of problems! After a few years of that, maybe the government will regulate those toys too! Maybe even force every r/c buggy operator to register their r/c cars and tanks with the DMV

This world is becoming incredibly stupid!
The only really STUPID is what U see in the Mirror ... By the way what is your address in Southern Florida. There whistleblowers out looking to collect the 10% of what a conviction nets the FAA.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:39 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
HD buddy...you miss your SSS today?
He's got a blockage somewhere....
Old 02-23-2016, 05:43 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by rcmiket
No that would be freaking awesome.

Mike
No $$$$ for that.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:51 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
He's got a blockage somewhere....
It's really heart warming some one worries about my toilet habits. Be rest assured every thing is working out properly. Thanks for Your concern.
Old 02-23-2016, 06:06 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

It's really heart warming some one worries about my toilet habits. Be rest assured every thing is working out properly. Thanks for Your concern.
Good to know you're okay. Was getting worried....
Old 02-23-2016, 06:07 PM
porcia83
Banned

Sharing is caring buddy....we usually get a daily report from you either on that issue, or nappy nap time. When the reports are missed, and you sound grumpy....we get concerned.

Along these lines...but the end result...

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/6BPLR9l0CYA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-23-2016, 07:10 PM
HoundDog

[/QUOTE] Originally Posted by porcia83 Sharing is caring buddy....we usually get a daily report from you either on that issue, or nappy nap time. When the reports are missed, and you sound grumpy....we get concerned.

Along these lines...but the end result...

[QUOTE=Chris P. Bacon;12181235]Good to know you're okay. Was getting worried....

Old 02-23-2016, 09:12 PM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by PLANE JIM
Oh my god-Let's play real pilot!!!! Do you wear a David Clark Headset as well when you fly your RC toy or wear a white crew shirt with crew epaulettes?

Why DON"T U...we've got some guys the dress the whole thing, Combat boots (Brown from WWII) khaki pants and shirt Captain's Bars and Fifty mission Crush on their Service caps. I'd bet they'rd where Bomber Jackets (Leather ) if it didn't get so hot. They call them selves the 1/8 Air Force. Get it Like the 8th Air Force in europe in the 40's
Does that get the doggie hot?
Old 02-24-2016, 04:15 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
No $$$$ for that.
Sure there are. This is going to be the biggest, baddest, outrageous event EVER ( if your invited).

http://www.usfpvleague.com/

“OVER 16,000 SPECTATORS ARE EXPECTED TO ATTEND THE RADIO CONTROL EXPO THIS YEAR IN SOUTHERN CALIFORNIA TO WITNESS THE 2016 RCX FPV DRONE RACING CHAMPIONSHIP. WILL YOU BE A PART OF HISTORY?”
"TOP PILOTS
Only the best pilots have been hand selected to compete in the 2016 RCX FPV Drone Racing World Championship.'

"The 2016 RCX FPV Drone Racing World Championship will be the biggest spectator drone racing event in history."

Mike
Old 02-24-2016, 04:24 AM
porcia83
Banned

Reminds me of the old ads for Monster Trucks....SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-24-2016, 04:50 AM
rcmiket

Reminds me of the old ads for Monster Trucks....SUNDAY SUNDAY SUNDAY !!!!!!!!!!!!

"In the Los Angeles area, which some are calling the mecca of drone racing because of the large number of pilots who live and fly there, the International Drone Racing Association held its first championship Saturday. Called the California Cup, the event lured several hundred spectators, who stood behind nets inside a cavernous building and watched racers compete at the SoCal Maker Convention in Pomona, Calif."

How do you go from 300 spectators to 16,000 in less than six months?

Mike
Old 02-24-2016, 04:59 AM
Sport_Pilot

"In the Los Angeles area, which some are calling the mecca of drone racing because of the large number of pilots who live and fly there, the International Drone Racing Association held its first championship Saturday. Called the California Cup, the event lured several hundred spectators, who stood behind nets inside a cavernous building and watched racers compete at the SoCal Maker Convention in Pomona, Calif."

Mike
You move the event to an open stadium? Is this outdoors? Will the FAA registration checks slow the event down?
Old 02-24-2016, 06:35 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
You move the event to an open stadium? Is this outdoors? Will the FAA registration checks slow the event down?
The FAA requirement is only for outdoors. Don't you ever read anything?
Old 02-24-2016, 07:26 AM
HoundDog

Oh my god-Let's play real pilot!!!! Do you wear a David Clark Headset as well when you fly your RC toy or wear a white crew shirt with crew epaulettes?

Why DON"T U...we've got some guys the dress the whole thing, Combat boots (Brown from WWII) khaki pants and shirt Captain's Bars and Fifty mission Crush on their Service caps. I'd bet they'rd where Bomber Jackets (Leather ) if it didn't get so hot. They call them selves the 1/8 Air Force. Get it Like the 8th Air Force in europe in the 40's

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Does that get the doggie hot?
Nope to O'l to get HOT. Besides they are sort of ARROGANT A wholes. Ya know better than every one else. Sorta like Pattern, Imac,Flyers and scale Builders that like to rub your nose in their SCHEIT.

What might get Me luke Warm if someone had a big B-52H model with a Hound Dog under each wing. Sorta like Mac Hogers and jis B-29 and the X1. Problem with his set up is the Full Scale X1 was carried in a special Bom Bay area.

Not an H model No Turbo Fan engines
Old 02-24-2016, 07:37 AM
porcia83
Banned

Mike
Take 300 people all hot and bothered and lathered up on quads and nature takes over...usually takes 9 months to see results though. The people are impatient I guess?
Old 02-24-2016, 07:40 AM
porcia83
Banned

Nope to O'l to get HOT. Besides they are sort of ARROGANT A wholes. Ya know better than every one else. Sorta like Pattern, Imac,Flyers and scale Builders that like to rub your nose in their SCHEIT.

What might get Me luke Warm if someone had a big B-52H model with a Hound Dog under each wing. Sorta like Mac Hogers and jis B-29 and the X1. Problem with his set up is the Full Scale X1 was carried in a special Bom Bay area.

Not an H model No Turbo Fan engines
Haaawt !
Old 02-24-2016, 07:44 AM
HoundDog

What! No Way, it was "Sunday Sunday Sunday at US 30 Drag Strip". I know I used to stand Up, Lean against the wall, at the bar In My favorite Tavern (The Schmidt House) Stand cause I kept falling of the stool. Then by 3 or 4 in the after noon, from 10 am cause that's the earliest they opened. If I could sill stand, stand at the end of the bar I'd Yell Sunday Sunday Sunday at US 30 Drag Strip ... Just like on the radio commercial, Man a DRUNK is an obnoxious A-whole, unless it's Your self then he a pretty funny guy.

Man how the heck can someone remember all the Stupid Scheit the did 40, 50 years ago and then can't remember it time to SSS. OOOPs just checked Weather Underground and the
Wind from NE at 9.2 w/ Gusts 17.1 mph. No flying today.

BCP rof s'tahT

Last edited by HoundDog; 02-24-2016 at 07:47 AM.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:52 AM
HoundDog

Just for Porica83:
I worked on these for 3 years, 3 months, 3 weeks, 3 days & a wake up.
!3:40pm 16 May '65 to 11:32am9 Sept '68 But who was counting.

Historical Snapshot

The Hound Dog, originally designated B-77, was redesignated GAM-77A and then became the AGM-28B-C. North American Aviation designed the missile so that two could be carried on specially modified B-52s, one beneath each wing. The navigation systems of the B-52 and the GAM-77 were integrated so that the B-52 navigator could cross-check data with the automated system in the Hound Dogs.
Named after a hit song by Elvis Presley, the AGM-28 Hound Dogs were air-launched supersonic missiles designed to destroy heavily defended ground targets. The Hound Dog missile program began on March 15, 1956, when the U.S. Air Force issued a requirement for an air-to-surface missile to be carried on the B-52 bomber. North American won the contract on Oct. 16, 1958, and delivered the first production model to Gen. Thomas S. Power, commander in chief of the Strategic Air Command (SAC), on Dec. 21, 1959, in a ceremony at North American's Downey, Calif., plant.
The first launch of the missile from a B-52 took place in April 1959. By the end of 1959, the Air Force had approved 29 B-52 squadrons to be equipped with Hound Dog missiles.
No AGM-28s were ever used in combat, but on a typical mission, an AGM-28 would be launched at an altitude of 45,000 feet (13,700 meters), climb to more than 56,000 feet (17,068 meters), cruise to the target area and then dive to the target. The missile allowed standoff launches hundreds of miles from the target, reducing risk to the launch aircraft.
In 1960, the SAC developed a method for using the missiles’ jet engines to provide extra power for the B-52 carrier in flight or during takeoff. The missiles could then be refueled in flight from the bomber's fuel tanks.
The AGM-28B, incorporating an improved guidance system and with greater range, first flew in May 1961. Before production ended in 1963, almost 700 AGM-28s were built. The last AGM-28s were removed from service in 1975 and scrapped three years later.

Last edited by HoundDog; 02-24-2016 at 07:57 AM.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:54 AM
Rob2160

I'll bet someone could get a groupe rate thru Lloyd's Of London Like the have in Australia $20 Million in PRIMARY insurance. Better n what's we's been getten froms the Only CBO round Namely the AMA.

A week or two I spoke with a couple of R/C Jet flyers from Australia and We got talking about the differences between R/C in Australia. They stated that for $100/year (Australian) about $75 US they get $20 Million of Primary Insurance thru Lloyd's of London.
What say U Rob2160:
Yeah, that is right HD, $100 will get you $20 Million coverage.

http://www.maaa.asn.au/images/pdfs/i...-Insurance.pdf

Club membership fees are extra, $150 - $250 typical depending on the club.

Last edited by Rob2160; 02-24-2016 at 07:58 AM.
Old 02-24-2016, 07:57 AM
Rob2160

What about the autonomous drones flown to specific way points and altitudes from an IPhone or tablet? No 2.4 Ghz signal is ever generated or broad cast ... they won't/don't know where the Drone Pilot is With in a 3 mile radius circle . Only Received GPS signals PERIOD. Nothing broadcast from the drone at all.

Those will need different countermeasures. (Like the Drone Killing Laser Cannon)

http://www.wired.com/2015/08/welcome...-laser-cannon/
Old 02-24-2016, 08:00 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by rgburrill
The FAA requirement is only for outdoors. Don't you ever read anything?
Which is why I asked if the event was outdoors!
Old 02-24-2016, 08:02 AM
rcmiket

Seems if your "expecting" 16,000 spectators it would have to be outside.

Mike
Old 02-24-2016, 08:11 AM
radioman

well guys and gals I guess I wont be flying anymore because I refuse to bow down to this corrupt gov I've been in this hobby for over 50 years I just cant figure why so many are willing to give up their freedoms so easily. the sad part of this whole deal is we didn't have any problems till some idiots with quadcopters felt
that they fly or do what ever they wanted so now we all suffer for it thank for screwing up a once great hobby
Old 02-24-2016, 08:11 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by Rob2160
Yeah, that is right HD, $100 will get you $20 Million coverage.

http://www.maaa.asn.au/images/pdfs/i...-Insurance.pdf

Club membership fees are extra, $150 - $250 typical depending on the club.
Looks great! I hope the AMA looks at this and does a line by line comparison of what they are offering.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.