Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Are you ready to register your aircraft?

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2016, 07:14 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Porcie: if that were true then they would have not Interpenetrated #336 exactly the Opposite that congress intended. The Law of the LAND says NO New Rules For Model aircraft ... What's so hard to understand about that. We would not be having all this Huliblue if the FAA didn't think they were above Congress. Like I've said when dealing with the IRS FAA etc U are Guilty until U can prove your are innocent. Don't for get not one congressman senator came to the defense of the Amendment #336 Now did they. Nuff Said I stand by my convictions. Just keep your head down Fly like we always have, Stay out of Full Scales way and every thing will be OK.

Originally Posted by rcmiket
I'm called a "doom and gloom" guy but the total disregard for Sec. 336 which is the law of the land is the main reason why I see things the way I do. Not one legislator has actually even brought this up amazes me but I'm not surprised since disregarding law is now acceptable behavior.

Mike
Unfortunately it seems to be the beginning of the demise of for our society as we have known it.
Old 06-09-2016, 07:32 PM
chuckk2

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

"or the law enacted by Congress banning FAA rules for model aircraft."

banning NEW FAA rules is correct. The FAA claims that it just did not enforce the existing ones, as well as adding new ones
under "permissible" interpretations of existing law/regulation/rules.

Old 06-10-2016, 04:08 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Unfortunately it seems to be the beginning of the demise of for our society as we have known it.
Makes ya feel good, don't it?

Mike
Old 06-10-2016, 07:24 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Wooosh...lol!

It's a great time to be alive and involved in this hobby.
Old 06-10-2016, 08:25 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by porcia83
Wooosh...lol!

It's a great time to be alive and involved in this hobby.
Being alive ain't bad If U have your Health and good friends to share it with. Just lost a long long member of our Local R/C club Many times an Officer from Pres right down to News Letter Editor. Hate to loose some one but we all come with a termination date. U just have to be ready. ...Besides No mater what level of involvement with R/C it is as Tony the Tiger says it's "Grrrrrrrrrrrreat". Yaa Alls have an awesome day now.
Old 06-10-2016, 10:02 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Being alive ain't bad If U have your Health and good friends to share it with. Just lost a long long member of our Local R/C club Many times an Officer from Pres right down to News Letter Editor. Hate to loose some one but we all come with a termination date. U just have to be ready. ...Besides No mater what level of involvement with R/C it is as Tony the Tiger says it's "Grrrrrrrrrrrreat". Yaa Alls have an awesome day now.
+1. You too

Check your pm if you get a chance
Old 04-26-2018, 10:18 PM
flyoz
My Feedback: (7)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My favoirite saying is "bad things happen because good people do (say) nothing".
sadly there iss alwayss some pompous, official or idiot who is always in the breach ready to or trying to put their mark on something.
They often dont care if its helpful or not or even that they are knowledgeable, its just a ready platform to make a mark.
We the hobby community must always counter BS wherever it appears sadly we have to keep half an eye open for this BS all the time it seems.
zombies are everywhere and jusst when you least expect it there will be another
Old 05-04-2018, 07:11 AM
Skyhawk940

The whole problem is our law makers. Hey, how can we get in on this, and how much money can we get out of the people's pockets. let's set up an agency to take care of this, that will cost $$$,$$$,$$$ tax dollars and will never end. When are we going to have enough laws????? Our government is out of control and wants ALL your liberty and money!
Old 05-04-2018, 08:41 AM
Stickslammer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ahhh, the Ruling Elite and the giant sucking sound that's been coming out of D.C. for the past 70 years!
Old 05-04-2018, 12:51 PM
Skyhawk940

Yes! Build the Wall! Around Washington DC! Enough already!
Old 07-16-2018, 06:09 AM
r ward

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

most laws in this country are actually generated by the few very large insurance companies that exist here.
Old 07-16-2018, 02:53 PM
HoundDog

Turns out that all this CRAP was just that CRAP and much ado about NOTHING. Has anyone ever been asked if they have their AMA and Federal Registration in/on their DRONE/sUAS/R/C airplane.
Old 07-16-2018, 06:35 PM
Flight Risk
My Feedback: (1)

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Here in Colorado they are really cracking down on the idiots who are flying their drones around forest fires and preventing water bombers from flying. Not sure if registering our models has any effect on curbing the A-Whole flyers.
Old 07-17-2018, 02:48 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

The only thing it's done so far is made the FAA a little more money ! Like most most "feel good " laws they don't accomplish much without enforcement.
As it's been said many times over, the credit card flyers creating the trouble could be and should be prosecuted under existing laws.
Old 07-17-2018, 03:41 AM
HoundDog

Like I've said all along laws should be enacted and the FAA through the News media should make it clear anyone flying anything R/C anyplace but a registered flying field must have a license and insurance just like automobile drivers. Probably wouldn't hurt for a few of our club members to have their flying skills tested to be allowed off the BUDDY BOX. Like Beretta used to say. "And U can Take that to the Bank" JMHO

Last edited by HoundDog; 07-17-2018 at 03:44 AM.
Old 07-17-2018, 06:09 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

....... Has anyone ever been asked if they have their AMA and Federal Registration in/on their DRONE/sUAS/R/C airplane.
Gee wiz , I guess ol init4fun WAS right on target when this issue first came to light , and a few folks ("crispy bacon" for one) just HAD to challenge what I said , for the fact that it was I who said it .

To repeat myself from several years ago ;

"There wont be any FAA guys hiding behind every tree , just waiting for you to fly something without the required numbers on it , or waiting to nail you the minute your plane hits 401 feet above sea level . These laws have a twofold purpose , #1 being to identify the operator of a model aircraft that does end up planted into some jetliner's windshield , and #2 to have an established law to punish the guys who fly their drones without identification in case a similar incident happens" .

Now since I have not once been asked for such ID in the few years since , I'd say my answer WAS pretty much right on target then and still holds true today .....
Old 07-17-2018, 07:53 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by Flight Risk
Here in Colorado they are really cracking down on the idiots who are flying their drones around forest fires and preventing water bombers from flying. Not sure if registering our models has any effect on curbing the A-Whole flyers.

As well they should. Breaking the law is breaking the law weather you know your are breaking it or not. What the saying
"Ignorantia juris non excusat or ignorantia legis neminem excusat (Latin for "ignorance of the law excuses not" and "ignorance of law excuses no one" respectively) is a legal principle holding that a person who is unaware of a law maynot escape liability for violating that law merely because one was unaware of its content".
Old 07-18-2018, 05:52 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Like I've said all along laws should be enacted and the FAA through the News media should make it clear anyone flying anything R/C anyplace but a registered flying field must have a license and insurance just like automobile drivers. Probably wouldn't hurt for a few of our club members to have their flying skills tested to be allowed off the BUDDY BOX. Like Beretta used to say. "And U can Take that to the Bank" JMHO
What's so special about the so called registered flying field that passes on a license and insurance?

And how do you propose such a license be administered?
Old 07-18-2018, 06:00 AM
Appowner
Banned

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
The only thing it's done so far is made the FAA a little more money ! Like most most "feel good " laws they don't accomplish much without enforcement.
As it's been said many times over, the credit card flyers creating the trouble could be and should be prosecuted under existing laws.
Knowing what I know about the cost of IT support in the DC area (23 years experience at it), I seriously doubt the FAA saw a profit on this registration thing. at 5 bucks a head and some 900,000 total registrants, that comes to 4.5 million for the first 3 years. Minus those who took advantage of the initial free registration. Last IT support contract I was on ran $100,000,000 per year for 10 years. Granted, it was considerably more support than the new web sites for registration. But it wouldn't surprise me to find it included one or more new servers and related support for same.
Old 07-18-2018, 08:28 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by Appowner
What's so special about the so called registered flying field that passes on a license and insurance?

And how do you propose such a license be administered?
Same way you License any driver in the USA. With a computer administrated test to prove aeronautical knowledge to be allowed operate anything R/C in the NAS (National Air Space). At least after taking a quiz and passing it the IDIOTS would know where when and how to operate an R/C craft in the NAS. Not that they would adhere to the rules any more than IDIOT drivers do to day.
Old 07-18-2018, 09:13 AM
Appowner
Banned

Same way you License any driver in the USA. With a computer administrated test to prove aeronautical knowledge to be allowed operate anything R/C in the NAS (National Air Space). At least after taking a quiz and passing it the IDIOTS would know where when and how to operate an R/C craft in the NAS. Not that they would adhere to the rules any more than IDIOT drivers do to day.
Government tests are no guarantee of required knowledge.

And again, what's so special about the so called registered flying field that gets passes on a license and insurance?
Old 07-18-2018, 10:02 AM
HoundDog

Government tests are no guarantee of required knowledge.

And again, what's so special about the so called registered flying field that gets passes on a license and insurance?
When flying at an organized registered flying (Community Based Organization) site we Never get in anyones way of bother others especially when everyone knows the rules and follows them.
99% of R/C flyers I've met off field don't know the rules nor do they follow any organized protocol. Most fly willy nilly all over the place. Over people, Parking Lots buildings ect. Non seem to have any regard for safety. When is the last time you have heard of any complaints of people flying at an organized flying site doing stupid stuff like flying over forest fires.
Old 07-18-2018, 03:48 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Knowing what I know about the cost of IT support in the DC area (23 years experience at it), I seriously doubt the FAA saw a profit on this registration thing. at 5 bucks a head and some 900,000 total registrants, that comes to 4.5 million for the first 3 years. Minus those who took advantage of the initial free registration. Last IT support contract I was on ran $100,000,000 per year for 10 years. Granted, it was considerably more support than the new web sites for registration. But it wouldn't surprise me to find it included one or more new servers and related support for same.
LOL!
This is the government we are talking about here. Of course things cost 2x+ what they do in the real world but the system was already in place for full scale pilot registration so it didn't need much tweaking. Regardless,we the taxpayers will end up footing any bill even after we pay the registration fee.
Wasn't there some old document that discusses double taxation ?
Old 07-19-2018, 05:22 AM
Skyhawk940

When Pigs fly!
Old 07-19-2018, 01:40 PM
jcmors

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Skyhawk940
When Pigs fly!
Sorry, couldn't resist!

Jim

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.