AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

WAKE UP AMA. Another field closed!!

Old 11-18-2015, 01:55 PM
HoundDog

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It doesn't make a pinch of S__T who Initiates.issues or does anything pertaining to any TFR. The only important thing is the AMA can read/decipher and send an Email warning to all AMA members that the TFR might affect as to where the TFR is and the time it is effective. The important thing is DON'T FLY when or where a TFR is ineffect Period.
Old 11-18-2015, 03:53 PM
combatpigg

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoundDog View Post
It doesn't make a pinch of S__T who Initiates.issues or does anything pertaining to any TFR. The only important thing is the AMA can read/decipher and send an Email warning to all AMA members that the TFR might affect as to where the TFR is and the time it is effective. The important thing is DON'T FLY when or where a TFR is ineffect Period.
So you obviously believe that owning a computer with an email address is mandatory if you want to be a responsible member of our fraternity...?
Old 11-18-2015, 04:15 PM
HoundDog

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by HoundDog

Quote:
Originally Posted by combatpigg View Post
So you obviously believe that owning a computer with an email address is mandatory if you want to be a responsible member of our fraternity...?
Nope Not at all. but if U wish to use the NAS It is your responsibility to know if there is a TFR that will/may effect U.
Old 11-18-2015, 06:59 PM
combatpigg

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoundDog

Nope Not at all. but if U wish to use the NAS It is your responsibility to know if there is a TFR that will/may effect U.
How is a person who doesn't own a computer or a cell phone going to keep up with the latest news while they are "making a day of it" at the field...?
Watch for smoke signals on the horizon...?
You might as well come out and say that I have a duty to stay in constant contact with the FAA just in case a last minute advisory is announced while I'm out flying.

Last edited by combatpigg; 11-18-2015 at 07:05 PM.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:20 PM
HoundDog

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
How is a person who doesn't own a computer or a cell phone going to keep up with the latest news while they are "making a day of it" at the field...?
Watch for smoke signals on the horizon...?
You might as well come out and say that I have a duty to stay in constant contact with the FAA just in case a last minute advisory is announced while I'm out flying.
That's exactly what the FAR's require. Look it Up. Luckily U have a computer or R U using a smart phone to post here? If U didn't 99% of your club members do have one and when they get the notice of a pending TFR they will close the field when necessary. If U don't belong to a club or the AMA well when the Black Hakes show up be ready to suffer the Sequences.

tfr and close the field if Necessary.
Old 11-18-2015, 10:01 PM
combatpigg

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
That's exactly what the FAR's require. Look it Up. Luckily U have a computer or R U using a smart phone to post here? If U didn't 99% of your club members do have one and when they get the notice of a pending TFR they will close the field when necessary. If U don't belong to a club or the AMA well when the Black Hakes show up be ready to suffer the Sequences.

tfr and close the field if Necessary.
Not too many years ago National Geographic did an article on the Chinese Cave Dwellers who have lived for generations in sand stone caves. There was an estimated 1 million [or so] of them.
The government installed a single light bulb and a TV in each cave. The TVs were hooked up to a cable. The loyal subjects were responsible for watching certain mandatory programming on their government controlled TVs and there were "Neighborhood Watch" personnel assigned to monitoring his neighbors for compliance.
I'll bet ALL of these Chinese Cave Dwellers would think that I'm being pretty childish about not wanting to dutifully check in with my government each and every time I get the urge to coast down the hill to do some flying.
Old 11-19-2015, 05:54 AM
HoundDog

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Quote:
Not too many years ago National Geographic did an article on the Chinese Cave Dwellers who have lived for generations in sand stone caves. There was an estimated 1 million [or so] of them.
The government installed a single light bulb and a TV in each cave. The TVs were hooked up to a cable. The loyal subjects were responsible for watching certain mandatory programming on their government controlled TVs and there were "Neighborhood Watch" personnel assigned to monitoring his neighbors for compliance.
I'll bet ALL of these Chinese Cave Dwellers would think that I'm being pretty childish about not wanting to dutifully check in with my government each and every time I get the urge to coast down the hill to do some flying.
Well I'll bet those sand stone Chinese cave dwellers did/do a lot of R/C Flying.
The FAR's require every pilot to prepare for all flights by checking all pertinent information regarding the Planned flight. If we are going to be subject to the FAR's because we use the NAS especially where TFR's for VIP travel are concerned, we better know when and where the TFR's will be in effect. If we don't we might just lose the use of our fields. Just saying there are many ways of learning about TFR's that may/will affect your particular area.

Search this Thread