Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Will you register your model plane?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.
View Poll Results: Will you register your model plane if required?
Yes, as required
42.86%
No, I will never register.
52.04%
I didn't know you may have to register
5.10%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Will you register your model plane?

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2015, 07:10 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by warbird_1
They ARE NOT asking/telling you ,you have to register your aircraft. what the proposed ruling is saying they want Pilots to register themselves as a model A/C pilot and will be given a number " like AMA does" which you will have to have either have it on the plane or in an area that can be accessed easily for viewing . Gary Fitch " Executive Vice President of AMA " is a close personal friend and we talked in length about this on our way to Syracuse last weekend . It would be impossible to register every aircraft as they come and go so quickly . weather they are crashed ,damaged,sold ,traded .

You do understand that was not the case when this poll was started.?
Old 11-27-2015, 08:30 AM
warbird_1
My Feedback: (61)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
You do understand that was not the case when this poll was started.?
i think that you are the one not understanding. this issue had been going on a lot longer that 11/19/2015 as in the case of when you first posted the poll. Please check your facts before starting a thread that has no basis to begin with. that's how false rumors followed by hysteria about something that isn't even accurate starts. we are all waiting to see what's going to happen between AMA and FAA. registering ever MA in the country is impossible that is a fact. who will keep track of it all? never happen
Old 11-27-2015, 09:28 AM
Sport_Pilot

i think that you are the one not understanding. this issue had been going on a lot longer that 11/19/2015 as in the case of when you first posted the poll. Please check your facts before starting a thread that has no basis to begin with. that's how false rumors followed by hysteria about something that isn't even accurate starts. we are all waiting to see what's going to happen between AMA and FAA. registering ever MA in the country is impossible that is a fact. who will keep track of it all? never happen
But at the time I started this there was no such recommendation, at the time anything else was just a rumor, the official statement was to register all sUAV and is still the official statement. My poll has basis and is useful as it appears that most will apparently not register. I did not start the "hysteria". Just why did you use that sexist statement anyway? I am not a woman and there is nothing feminist nor baseless about the worry at all.
Old 11-27-2015, 09:47 AM
warbird_1

But at the time I started this there was no such recommendation, at the time anything else was just a rumor, the official statement was to register all sUAV and is still the official statement. My poll has basis and is useful as it appears that most will apparently not register. I did not start the "hysteria". Just why did you use that sexist statement anyway? I am not a woman and there is nothing feminist nor baseless about the worry at all.

Hysteria, in its colloquial use, describes unmanageable emotional excesses.

col·lo·qui·al
kəˈlōkwēəl/
adjective

• (of language) used in ordinary or familiar conversation; not formal or literary.

Old 11-27-2015, 09:48 AM
warbird_1

LOL who said anything about a woman ROFL sorry for the misunderstanding
Old 11-27-2015, 10:54 AM
Sport_Pilot

Hysteria, in its colloquial use, describes unmanageable emotional excesses.

col·lo·qui·al
kəˈlōkwēəl/
adjective

• (of language) used in ordinary or familiar conversation; not formal or literary.

Read the history. It is considered sexist because it really means to act like a crazy women.
Old 11-27-2015, 10:57 AM
Sport_Pilot

• PSYCHIATRY
      a psychological disorder (not now regarded as a single definite condition) whose symptoms include conversion of psychological stress into physical symptoms (somatization), selective amnesia, shallow volatile emotions, and overdramatic or attention-seeking behavior. The term has a controversial history as it was formerly regarded as a disease specific to women.

Old 11-27-2015, 12:42 PM
cj_rumley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

• PSYCHIATRY
      a psychological disorder (not now regarded as a single definite condition) whose symptoms include conversion of psychological stress into physical symptoms (somatization), selective amnesia, shallow volatile emotions, and overdramatic or attention-seeking behavior. The term has a controversial history as it was formerly regarded as a disease specific to women.

Thank you for sharing that with the class, Sporty.
Old 11-27-2015, 08:53 PM
I-fly-any-and-all
My Feedback: (1)

They ARE NOT asking/telling you ,you have to register your aircraft. what the proposed ruling is saying they want Pilots to register themselves as a model A/C pilot and will be given a number " like AMA does" which you will have to have either have it on the plane or in an area that can be accessed easily for viewing . Gary Fitch " Executive Vice President of AMA " is a close personal friend and we talked in length about this on our way to Syracuse last weekend . It would be impossible to register every aircraft as they come and go so quickly . weather they are crashed ,damaged,sold ,traded .
Exactly aircraft come and go, and then there are those of us who like myself are engineers, or machinists, who create and openly build what they want.
There are many things that individuals make, many of which are beyond the comprehension of the average joe.
Old 11-28-2015, 04:52 AM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This post has sunken to the darkest depths...............I'm gone!