Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Will you register your model plane?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.
View Poll Results: Will you register your model plane if required?
Yes, as required
42.86%
No, I will never register.
52.04%
I didn't know you may have to register
5.10%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Will you register your model plane?

Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2015, 04:36 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Will you register your model plane?

OK, this Friday we will know if we will have to register our model airplane. Or perhaps including our AMA number on or in our plane will become federal regulation. But regardless if required will you register your plane if required?

First time I have done a poll as most are useless, but I thought this might be usefull.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:53 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have to go with " I didn't know" due to the fact that we don't know just what is to be registered yet.

Mike
Old 11-19-2015, 06:22 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by rcmiket
I have to go with " I didn't know" due to the fact that we don't know just what is to be registered yet.

Mike

It so happens you can chose more than one. But you lied when you clicked that or did not carefully read the statement. It says;

"I didn't know you may have to register "

From your past postings I know you knew that there is a possibility that we may have to register!
Old 11-19-2015, 06:44 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
It so happens you can chose more than one. But you lied when you clicked that or did not carefully read the statement. It says;

From your past postings I know you knew that there is a possibility that we may have to register!
In my defense.

I choose the one that most closely fit my thoughts. I may or may not have too. With any luck we will know tomorrow.

Mike
Old 11-19-2015, 06:47 AM
Sport_Pilot

As you said in another post those are recommendations. The registration can only be voluntary because the law says the FAA cannot regulate, not protecting the NAS either.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:09 AM
rcmiket

As you said in another post those are recommendations. The registration can only be voluntary because the law says the FAA cannot regulate, not protecting the NAS either.

They used the word recommendation. Now just what those will be and what they are looking to register is yet to be seen. So you "May" or "May Not" need to comply.

U.S. Transportation Secretary Anthony Foxx and FAA Administrator Michael Huerta today announced the creation of a task force to develop recommendations for a registration process for Unmanned Aircraft Systems (UAS). The task force will be composed of 25 to 30 diverse representatives from the UAS and manned aviation industries, the federal government, and other stakeholders. The group will advise the Department on which aircraft should be exempt from registration due to a low safety risk, including toys and certain other small UAS. The task force also will explore options for a streamlined system that would make registration less burdensome for commercial UAS operators.
The task force may make additional safety recommendations as it deems appropriate. Secretary Foxx directed the group to deliver its report by Nov. 20.

Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 11-19-2015 at 09:11 AM.
Old 11-19-2015, 09:31 AM
rcmiket

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/dro...end-2015-11-18

This showed up in another forum once again the word "recommendations" is being used.

Mike.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:25 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

jeez...harsh response much?
Old 11-19-2015, 12:20 PM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

I have over over a hundred planes, what the heck do you do now if it happens? and it always comes down to money, I would bet my ex girlfriend that there will soon be a charge to do so. Sure don't think the fixed wing and helicopter guys have been doing anything to have too! AMA please let them know we are a completely different deal, we do the building and flying as a hobby, and do it under the AMA guidelines!
Old 11-19-2015, 01:14 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

will you register your plane if required?

Yes .

I most certainly will register my planes if required .

Will I like it ? Hell NO !

But ! ...... to continue to legally practice a hobby I love , if legality does require registration , then I'll (grudgingly) do it . 50 years of flying legal I an just too darned OLD to become an "outlaw flyer" (cue outlaw biker music with some beer and a few tattoos)

Originally Posted by porcia83
jeez...harsh response much?
That's why we love Sport , Short , direct , and (usually) on target . To be honest , Mike did know of Friday's upcoming proclamation of doom and so his answer was , to be kind , inaccurate .......
Old 11-19-2015, 02:31 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Who the hell knows how many or what I have ?

Sure as hell not going to tell anybody !
Old 11-19-2015, 02:43 PM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by init4fun
Yes .

I most certainly will register my planes if required .

Will I like it ? Hell NO !

But ! ...... to continue to legally practice a hobby I love , if legality does require registration , then I'll (grudgingly) do it . 50 years of flying legal I an just too darned OLD to become an "outlaw flyer" (cue outlaw biker music with some beer and a few tattoos)

That's why we love Sport , Short , direct , and (usually) on target . To be honest , Mike did know of Friday's upcoming proclamation of doom and so his answer was , to be kind , inaccurate .......
While I know of Friday's announcement the more I see the word "recommendation" used throughout everything I've read I have to wonder. Will the "Doom and Gloom" drag out further till they can figure a way to enforce it? After all "voluntary" registration still does not address the actual issue and won't fix a thing. Now the last word from the AMA was not what I would call positive due to the " AMA intends to make our views explicitly clear in these final recommendations and we will continue to advocate for our members to be exempt from registration if the final recommendations state otherwise."
I still contend that till we know exactly what has to be registered my answer is correct. Either I will or I won't since I don't fly "drones" I fly Heli's ,Planks and EDF'S. Now I realize that I'm splitting hairs but I'm just being as honest as I can.Hope this clears up why I answered the way I did.

Mike
Old 11-19-2015, 03:16 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Sounds great to me , Mike .

I'm kinda hoping that all of us with an AMA number will be considered already registered , due to belonging to a (the) recognized CBO

Tomorrow will tell ......
Old 11-19-2015, 03:27 PM
porcia83
Banned

Human nature being what it is, I don't think there will ever be an end to "doom and gloom"...just different levels of it. I wouldn't wait for the announcement tomorrow, maybe over the weekend or Monday.
Old 11-19-2015, 03:30 PM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by porcia83
Human nature being what it is, I don't think there will ever be an end to "doom and gloom"...just different levels of it. I wouldn't wait for the announcement tomorrow, maybe over the weekend or Monday.
We'll just move the "doom and gloom" over to another topic. I'm sure something will pop up.

Mike
Old 11-19-2015, 03:49 PM
porcia83
Banned

Without a doubt!
Old 11-19-2015, 05:20 PM
Gizmo-RCU
My Feedback: (27)

As an NRA member I will be twice the threat as an AMA member.....Guess I'm bad thru and thru?
Old 11-19-2015, 05:35 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by Gizmo-RCU
As an NRA member I will be twice the threat as an AMA member.....Guess I'm bad thru and thru?
through to the core....a gun in one hand, a drone in the other!
Old 11-19-2015, 06:32 PM
Skinny Bob
My Feedback: (12)

I don't have any guns on my planes.
Old 11-19-2015, 08:42 PM
ira d

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I won't have a problem with registering my planes if all is needed is one number that can be used for all of them and it don't cost to much. But I voted yes I will register.

Last edited by ira d; 11-19-2015 at 08:44 PM.
Old 11-19-2015, 11:50 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

weather or not i plan to "comply" with registration, i find little sense in going on record in an open forum, such as this, and stating outright that i would not comply.
too many folks not associated with modeling read these forums.
Old 11-20-2015, 03:44 AM
Granpooba

Originally Posted by Gizmo-RCU
Same here , both AMA and NRA member !
Now the big question. If I were to mount one of my firearms in one of my RC model airplanes, what do I register, the firearm or the model plane
Perhaps I am one up on you. 1. Being an AMA member ! 2. Being an NRA member ! 3. The thought of combining the two ! LOL
Old 11-20-2015, 03:47 AM
Granpooba

Originally Posted by mongo
weather or not i plan to "comply" with registration, i find little sense in going on record in an open forum, such as this, and stating outright that i would not comply.
Let them read and if they do not want me to have model airplanes, then I am more than happy to sell them to the readers at FULL MARKET VALUE.
Old 11-20-2015, 04:34 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by Granpooba
Same here , both AMA and NRA member !
Now the big question. If I were to mount one of my firearms in one of my RC model airplanes, what do I register, the firearm or the model plane
Perhaps I am one up on you. 1. Being an AMA member ! 2. Being an NRA member ! 3. The thought of combining the two ! LOL
I suspect if your registration includes info on the gun you can expect a raid!
Old 11-20-2015, 04:36 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by mongo
So you are afraid of using the first amendment?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.