Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Yes or No , Do you think the AMA was right or wrong to embrace DRONES ?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.
View Poll Results: Was it a mistake or not for the AMA to embrace drones ?
Yes
77.25%
No
22.75%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Yes or No , Do you think the AMA was right or wrong to embrace DRONES ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2015, 04:23 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Corrected.
Thanks
Mike
U are verrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry welcome man!
Old 12-08-2015, 08:08 PM
Tseres

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So Hound Dog. Appropriate name for someone that keeps barking and the tone stays the same. After a while it becomes monotones and people shut it off. They just don't hear that dog barking anymore.

I think I get it. You like Drones and you think the AMA went in the correct direction. The rest of it is just barking. I know you will comment on my post and will attack me. Save your breath you'll be talking to yourself. I've already shut you off. LOL.

139 to 35. you're on the 35 side. We get it.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:03 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by Tseres
So Hound Dog. Appropriate name for someone that keeps barking and the tone stays the same. After a while it becomes monotones and people shut it off. They just don't hear that dog barking anymore.

I think I get it. You like Drones and you think the AMA went in the correct direction. The rest of it is just barking. I know you will comment on my post and will attack me. Save your breath you'll be talking to yourself. I've already shut you off. LOL.

[h=1]AGM-28A Hound Dog[/h]The Hound Dog [the Air Force lifted the name from the title of an Elvis Presley hit song ] was designed as a long range, stand-off air-to-ground strategic missile. It was carried in pairs beneath the wings of B-52 aircraft. The overall mission of the Hound Dog was to aid B-52s in successfully carrying out the strategic bombing offensive. This would be accomplished by providing a means of attacking and destroying heavily defended enemy targets without subjecting the B-52 fleet to unacceptable loss levels, and by assisting bombers in penetrating enemy targets by attacking and destroying segments of the enemy's air defense system.
The Hound Dog missile program began on 15 March 1956 when Headquarters Air Force issued a General Operations Requirement (GOR 148) for an air-to-surface missile to be carried on the B-52 strategic manned bomber. In August 1957, Secretary of the Air Force James H. Douglas telephoned J. H. Kindelberger of North American Aviation to tell him that his company had won the development contract. And on 16 October 1958, Headquarters USAF awarded a Hound Dog production contract to North American Aviation, Inc.
In February 1958, growing concern about both the perceived unfavorable shift in the strategic balance and the increasing vulnerability of penetrating bombers prompted USAF to accelerate the Hound Dog. On 21 December 1959, General Thomas S. Power, Commander in Chief of the Strategic Air Command, formally accepted the first production model Hound Dog missiles in a ceremony conducted at North American Aviation's Downey, California plant. Headquarters Air Force finalized the Hound Dog missile program at the end of fiscal year 1959 when it approved a force of 29 B-52 squadrons equipped with Hound Dog missiles. The first launch of the missile from a B-52, first designated GAM-77, then AGM-28, took place in April 1959.
North American built the Hound Dog with a canard, a delta wing configuration, an underslung J52 engine, and a self-contained inertial autonavigational guidance system. The design requirements called for a 350-mile range and Mach 2 speed at over 55,000 feet. The AGM-28B carried a 1,742-pound warhead (four megatons) approximately 500 nautical miles from its launch point at high altitude and supersonic speed, or approximately 200 nautical miles from its launch point at low altitude and subsonic (1,000 feet at Mach .83) profile. A B-52 could carry two of the inertially-guided missiles
A unique feature of the Hound Dog was its engine could be used to supplement those of the carrier B-52 to augment thrust at take-off or cruise. The missile could then be refueled from the host B-52 wing fuel tanks prior to its launch.
Accuracy, while exceeding, one nm at full range, was probably adequate considering the four megaton warhead. But two other problems hindered the missile. Reliability was a constant concern and in addition the two five-ton missiles, carried on pylons, degraded B-52 flight performance.
North American delivered the first production Hound Dog in December 1959. SAC launched its first AGM-28 in February 1960; by the following July, one wing was operational with the weapon, although the first airborne alert with it did not take place until January 1962.
The numbers of Hound Dogs in the B-52 fleet rapidly grew from 54 in 1960, rising to 230 the next year, 547 in 1962, and 593 in 1963. 600 Hound Dogs were produced from 1957 to 1963. Twenty-three Hound Dog-equipped B-52 squadrons were operational by 30 June 1962, and by August 1963 29 SAC wings were operational with the AGM-28. Hound Dog production ended in March 1963 and the number of operational missiles declined in the late 1960s and early 1970s to about 308 in 1976.
After thirteen years of service in the Strategic Air Command, the last Hound Dog missile was removed from alert on 30 June 1975. Nearly three years later, on 15 June 1978, the 42d Bombardment Wing, Loring AFB, Maine, destroyed the last last Hound Dog missile and removed it from the SAC inventory.
[TABLE="width: 90%"]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #000080, colspan: 2"][h=1]Specifications[/h][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="colspan: 2"]Description[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"]Manufacturer:[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"]North American Rockwell[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"]Designation:[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"]AGM-28[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"]Version:[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"]A[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"]Nickname:[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"]Hound Dog[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"]Type:[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"]Strategic Weapon[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"]Crew:[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"]None[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="colspan: 2"]Specifications[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"]Weight:[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"]10,000 lbs[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="colspan: 2"]Propulsion[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"]No. of Engines:[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"]1[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"]Powerplant:[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"]Pratt & Whitney J52-P-3 turbojet[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TH="colspan: 2"]Performance[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"]Max Speed:[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"]Mach 2+[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"]Ceiling:[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"]49,000 ft[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"]Range:[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"]960 km[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]Armament[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"]Internal:[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #ffffff"]One nuclear warhead[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
Old 12-09-2015, 06:09 AM
rcmiket

Here ya go.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	$_35.JPG
Views:	48
Size:	8.9 KB
ID:	2134904  
Old 12-09-2015, 06:31 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Great pic...love the B2 in the background as well.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:45 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by Trees

Trees;

Guys like U that love to discriminate and won't tolerate anyone that disagrees with u are a dime a dozen and I'd appreciate very much that U "SHUT ME OF". Some People are way too prejudicial to see both sides of an issue. But then again the only thing that matters is that U & nothing else Matters.
The AMA has made it's decision and Maybe 139,ooo to 1 but U know what? There ain't a thing U or anyone else can do about it,except Whine and Burn your AMA Card like the CS in the 60's and 70's did with their Draft Cards. The AMA is and does not discriminate on age, Color, Creed or Type of R/C vehicle you want to fly. What gives U, Me or anyone the right to discriminate against others just because U are so prejudiced or don't like some form of R/C that U would try to Ban it. What if there are a million "Droners" (after Xmas) that do join the AMA and take over your Traditional type of Club and discriminate against you and say they don't like what U fly and want it banes because it interferes with their type of flying. What makes U think they would even want to associate with some O'l Fart's that believe the OLD WAY is the ONLY WAY and things shouldn't change?
Chances are slim because the AMA "LIKES" the Money but Don't tell me it can't happen. The AMA, hasn't ever but, could pull the fields insurance for Discrimination.
So bury your head in the sand. It's appropriate for O'l Gezzer Discriminators such as your self. "TREEEES" Of course U will never read this because U "SHUT ME OFF".
Old 12-09-2015, 12:07 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by HoundDog
The AMA, hasn't ever but, could pull the fields insurance for Discrimination.

Yep , I can see em yanking all those CL club charters cause they don't allow any RC any day now

(please note the use of not one but TWO sarcastic symbols)

But on a more serious note ;

Hound , last night you made a "bury the hatchet" post and said you were tired of arguing with me . Ok , So WE aren't arguing (for the moment) . But I do see you further cannibalizing the other posters you disagree with . If everyone you disagree with is to be addressed as you just addressed Tseres , does that mean that the actual hatchet you'll be burying will likely be in the next guy's skull ?
Old 12-09-2015, 12:10 PM
Tseres

I didn't shut you off. Just decided not to let you drag me into an argument with you. You're predictable.
Old 12-09-2015, 06:39 PM
hairy46
My Feedback: (1)

Wow hound dog REALLY?
Old 12-09-2015, 07:19 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by init4fun
Yep , I can see em yanking all those CL club charters cause they don't allow any RC any day now

(please note the use of not one but TWO sarcastic symbols)

But on a more serious note ;

Hound , last night you made a "bury the hatchet" post and said you were tired of arguing with me . Ok , So WE aren't arguing (for the moment) . But I do see you further cannibalizing the other posters you disagree with . If everyone you disagree with is to be addressed as you just addressed Tseres , does that mean that the actual hatchet you'll be burying will likely be in the next guy's skull ?
When one is poked with a stick they are liable to Bite Back"
Old 12-09-2015, 07:20 PM
HoundDog

I didn't shut you off. Just decided not to let you drag me into an argument with you. You're predictable.
Woof
Old 12-09-2015, 07:21 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by hairy46
Wow hound dog REALLY?
Really What????
Old 12-09-2015, 07:22 PM
HoundDog

dbl post

Last edited by HoundDog; 12-09-2015 at 07:29 PM.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:27 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

nm, you figured it out.

Last edited by porcia83; 12-09-2015 at 07:30 PM.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:30 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Bad move.
Old 12-09-2015, 07:53 PM
combatpigg

Originally Posted by porcia83
nm, you figured it out.
just collecting evidence.
Old 12-09-2015, 08:36 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by combatpigg
Bad move.
sent U a PM
Old 12-10-2015, 07:11 PM
combatpigg

Last night in post #263 HoundDog posted a link to my private email inbox...!
As far as I know, this is a crime.
A couple minutes later, Porcia83 warned HoundDog that he might have posted the wrong link.
HoundDog edited his post by changing the link to a link to an email sign in page.
Porcia83 edited his post to cover up the advice he gave to HoundDog.
I've contacted RCU Admin and RC Ken about this.
These are your "Drone Advocates" in action guys and gals. These are the guys who don't have time to build...no wonder..!.
These are also the guys who claim that they "Know how to get stuff done".
Who knows if HoundDog has acted alone to steal my identity or if this was a group effort.
I don't know, I'll just leave that up to the experts to decide.

BTW, the link to my email that I saved in post #265 isn't working right now because HoundDog hasn't signed into my email account tonight.
If I sign in, the link will work just like it did when he first posted it.

Last edited by combatpigg; 12-10-2015 at 07:24 PM.
Old 12-10-2015, 07:59 PM
cj_rumley

A couple minutes later, Porcia83 warned HoundDog that he might have posted the wrong link.
HoundDog edited his post by changing the link to a link to an email sign in page.
These are your "Drone Advocates" in action guys and gals. These are the guys who don't have time to build...no wonder..!.
Who knows if HoundDog has acted alone to steal my identity or if this was a group effort.

BTW, the link to my email that I saved in post #265 isn't working right now because HoundDog hasn't signed into my email account tonight.
Makes one less comfortable with trusting others, doesn't it? I though Schmofeld was a one-off nutter, but it seems I was wrong about that.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:12 PM
combatpigg

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
Makes one less comfortable with trusting others, doesn't it? I though Schmofeld was a one-off nutter, but it seems I was wrong about that.
Yes, Ole AMA Glee Club President Red Schlickenfeld targeted me as well as a few others he disagreed with at this forum. He PM'd me with a list of all the private information he had gleaned about me. He knew how to contact my employer, my union hall, relatives, etc. I still have that PM he sent some 8 or 9 years ago.
So cowardly, so rodent-like, so beneath the behavior of a well adjusted man.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:17 PM
HoundDog

I tried to send a URL that I received from a magazine but after posting ,I checked to see if The URL did indeed go to the magazine (Which I usually do). Well it didn't it went to my mail box so I tried to 2 more times to get the URL to go to the Magazine. When I realized my post was already in another post I left them a PM asking kindly to delete the post ... So I don't under stand what U mean by "Who knows if HoundDog has acted alone to steal my identity or if this was a group effort.
Sorry if U think I did something to your Identity. SoPlease explain how that is trying to STEAL your Identity ... Please Email or PM me with what U think I did I really don't understand.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:21 PM
Tseres

Hound Dog. You nothing but a troublemaker. I'm surprised the Mods haven't banned you for life. Speaking of life. Don't you have one?
Old 12-10-2015, 08:25 PM
HoundDog

Take a look here:
lhttp://multirotordronesmagazine
.xxx/?\
Bad move.
combatpigg;
When I click on this URL it was supposed to go to "Multi Rotor drone Magazine . Com"
But it goes right to my Yahoo mail box. I just tried it and it still does so I ask that U also delete it so people don't use it to see in my mailbox not that there is any thing there.

I Modified it and it still goes to my mail box

Last edited by HoundDog; 12-10-2015 at 08:28 PM.
Old 12-10-2015, 08:36 PM
HoundDog

Hound Dog. You nothing but a troublemaker. I'm surprised the Mods haven't banned you for life. Speaking of life. Don't you have one?
I'm sorry if I some how Offended U but What makes U so bitter that U would say something like that PLZ explain what I ever did to U Thank you.
Old 12-11-2015, 04:18 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

removed post

Last edited by init4fun; 12-11-2015 at 09:59 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.