Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Yes or No , Do you think the AMA was right or wrong to embrace DRONES ?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.
View Poll Results: Was it a mistake or not for the AMA to embrace drones ?
Yes
77.25%
No
22.75%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Yes or No , Do you think the AMA was right or wrong to embrace DRONES ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2016, 04:37 PM
Rob2160

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
It's an outline stupid! It's not the reg and so there is plenty of doubt. For one it doesn't cover everything in the reg. How could it? It's only and outline!
Hound means it leaves "No Doubt" that he is looking at the same document I am talking about.

Last edited by Rob2160; 01-13-2016 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-13-2016, 04:44 PM
Rob2160

Incorrect that outline does not cover applibility. Per the sUAV NPRM. http://www.faa.gov/regulations_polic...nt_signature.p
Your link does't work.

Here is the full link.

http://www.faa.gov/regulations_polic..._signature.pdf

The link I posted is just the summary of 107 and this information is also contained in the document you reference - starting on page 10

Last edited by Rob2160; 01-13-2016 at 06:35 PM.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:38 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by init4fun
Sport has got a good point here , this NPRM business has been talked about plenty enough by now that most anybody interested really should have had time within the past month to have read what's been published by the FAA . I wouldn't call it moving the goalpost as much as I'd call it not leading someone to each page and verse when by now folks should be plenty familiar with the important details of the FAA's action(s)
Init U and sport are smartest guys here on RCU maybe U should just Lead us poor ignorant R/C Drone flyers. OH forgot the Fonts
Old 01-13-2016, 06:45 PM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Init U and sport are smartest guys here on RCU maybe U should just Lead us poor ignorant R/C Drone flyers. OH forgot the Fonts
When your dead, you don't know your dead, it only affects those left around you.

It's the same with STUPID.
Old 01-13-2016, 06:50 PM
TheEdge
Banned

Thank you for the progress thus far init.
Old 01-13-2016, 08:27 PM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by Rob2160
Hound means it leaves "No Doubt" that he is looking at the same document I am talking about.
So what if he is looking at the same document. He still won't understand it!
Old 01-14-2016, 04:48 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

...Oh , and Hound , buddy , you've been pleading for URLs a lot less time than your fellow posters have been asking you to knock off the weird fonts and huge red letters . Most recently it was "Scale only for me" who asked you , but I and others have too , and still you continue . Just so ya know , I haven't and won't put anyone actually on ignore , but I DO scroll past lots of your posts , especially the ones where you use the tiny letters cause I ain't being bothered to put the reading glasses on just to see what your tiny letters are saying . Respect is a two way street and if you want folks to comply with your wishes it may be best to meet somewhat in the middle and backpedal a bit on the graffiti fonts ? I know you won't take any of this to heart and will call me an azz hole instead , which is fine if that's how ya want it , It'll at least make me feel not quite as guilty next time I can't be bothered to include a URL .
No Hound , Sport and I are not the smartest guys here on RCU , and I won't presume to speak for Sport here , but for myself , all I'm looking for is to see the posters treat each other with something resembling respect . Your fonts are a PIA to read . You've been asked nicely to knock off the hard to read nonsense and still you'd rather post up some crap about me being "smart" instead of admitting that the weird fonts suck to try to decipher what your actually trying to say ? Look , buddy , your posting here for what ? For us to read and understand and possibly agree (or not) with whatever point your trying to present ? And your told not by one , but by several that your meaning is sometimes being lost in around all the weird fonts . And still you continue ? So I guess it isn't about wanting us to hear your point , it's about you wanting to see the reaction to your often times illegible prose ?

Originally Posted by TheEdge
Thank you for the progress thus far init.
My Friend , It ain't easy , that's for sure !

So what if he is looking at the same document. He still won't understand it!
Sport , I'll bet he would understand it if he were to stop the foolishness with the fonts and just come right out and ask anything he wants to know . If he were to ask an honest question I'll bet he'd get plenty of good answers , instead it seems he has decided whose "on his side and who is not" based on who likes FPV or not , and now that we're pegged as "not" , he'd rather "taunt with the font" rather than engage in a conversation minus the "us VS them" mentality he appears to post from .
Old 01-14-2016, 04:56 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

No Hound , Sport and I are not the smartest guys here on RCU , and I won't presume to speak for Sport here , but for myself , all I'm looking for is to see the posters treat each other with something resembling respect . Your fonts are a PIA to read . You've been asked nicely to knock off the hard to read nonsense and still you'd rather post up some crap about me being "smart" instead of admitting that the weird fonts suck to try to decipher what your actually trying to say ? Look , buddy , your posting here for what ? For us to read and understand and possibly agree (or not) with whatever point your trying to present ? And your told not by one , but by several that your meaning is sometimes being lost in around all the weird fonts . And still you continue ? So I guess it isn't about wanting us to hear your point , it's about you wanting to see the reaction to your often times illegible prose ?
Do any of his posts violate the terms and conditions of the RCU rules? If so, report it to the real moderators. If not, learn how to use the ignore feature if it's too much effort for you to read his posts.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:02 AM
TheEdge
Banned

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
Do any of his posts violate the terms and conditions of the RCU rules? If so, report it to the real moderators. If not, learn how to use the ignore feature if it's too much effort for you to read his posts.
Hypocrisy at its best.
Old 01-14-2016, 05:11 AM
Sport_Pilot

My Friend , It ain't easy , that's for sure !

Sport , I'll bet he would understand it if he were to stop the foolishness with the fonts and just come right out and ask anything he wants to know . If he were to ask an honest question I'll bet he'd get plenty of good answers , instead it seems he has decided whose "on his side and who is not" based on who likes FPV or not , and now that we're pegged as "not" , he'd rather "taunt with the font" rather than engage in a conversation minus the "us VS them" mentality he appears to post from .
Heck, I don't think I am the smartest. In fact I bet the smartest is smart enough not to pose and instead is lurking to gather information. I post hoping one of those work for the AMA or FAA.

Maybe we would have less issues if we did determine who is the smartest? Have a SMART OFF! LOL
Old 01-14-2016, 05:11 AM
init4fun

No Chris , the goofy fonts don't break any rules that I'm aware of , and even if they did , my suggestion to Hound would be pretty much unchanged . The guy complains of ;

#1 , not understanding others' posts ,

and ,

#2 , of being misunderstood when he posts .

I know how he can fix one of the two .............
Old 01-14-2016, 05:20 AM
init4fun

Heck, I don't think I am the smartest. In fact I bet the smartest is smart enough not to pose and instead is lurking to gather information. I post hoping one of those work for the AMA or FAA.

Maybe we would have less issues if we did determine who is the smartest? Have a SMART OFF! LOL
Well my Friend , I'd be screwed there !

I watch "Jeopardy" on TV most nights while having dinner . The topics of science and all of the traditional "motorhead" subjects , as well as day to day common knowledge I do really well with . But invariably there will be at least one if not more "Shakespeare" category and I'm DOOMED !!! Having a completely cast thought process of "Black or White , with no shades of Grey" , I've never been into "the Arts" , and that would destroy me in any such contest .
Old 01-14-2016, 07:39 PM
warningshot

Sport URL' PLEASE is that to much to ask?
HD. Go to your local GRADE SCHool and ask them to teach you how to use google search.
Old 01-22-2016, 04:37 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Your fonts are a PIA to read . You've been asked nicely to knock off the hard to read nonsense and still you'd rather post up some crap about me being "smart" instead of admitting that the weird fonts suck to try to decipher what your actually trying to say ? Look , buddy , your posting here for what ? For us to read and understand and possibly agree (or not) with whatever point your trying to present ? And your told not by one , but by several that your meaning is sometimes being lost in around all the weird fonts . And still you continue ? So I guess it isn't about wanting us to hear your point , it's about you wanting to see the reaction to your often times illegible prose ?
I agree with this. I would imagine Hound has some great input, but due to the fonts, I simply do not read his posts. I would like to, but they are a PIA to read as you put it.

There is an understanding in the electronic chat and forum world media of how you handle your typed text. You should use easy to read fonts that do not have sharp jagged edges, not over-bolding, excessive font size, improper color choice, layout, and so on it goes. It is amazing at how hard our eyes have to work to get the message when we are busy dealing with the physical sight of the post.

Also, posting huge bolded fonts when every one else is using a decent font size ruins the whole ball game. When fonts become the distraction it is very difficult to get a meaning from the sentences. We could go on with poor sentence structure and paragraphs, etc. If one is to be taken with any measure of seriousness they should think about how their posts can be read by others.
Old 01-22-2016, 08:09 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Luchnia
I agree with this. I would imagine Hound has some great input, but due to the fonts, I simply do not read his posts. I would like to, but they are a PIA to read as you put it.

There is an understanding in the electronic chat and forum world media of how you handle your typed text. You should use easy to read fonts that do not have sharp jagged edges, not over-bolding, excessive font size, improper color choice, layout, and so on it goes. It is amazing at how hard our eyes have to work to get the message when we are busy dealing with the physical sight of the post.

Also, posting huge bolded fonts when every one else is using a decent font size ruins the whole ball game. When fonts become the distraction it is very difficult to get a meaning from the sentences. We could go on with poor sentence structure and paragraphs, etc. If one is to be taken with any measure of seriousness they should think about how their posts can be read by others.
I have an archaeologist friend who is fluent in deciphering hieroglyphics translate HD's posts for me.
Old 01-22-2016, 09:50 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Originally Posted by
HD. Go to your local GRADE SCHool and ask them to teach you how to use google search.

Your fonts are a PIA to read . You've been asked nicely to knock off the hard to read nonsense and still you'd rather post up some crap about me being "smart" instead of admitting that the weird fonts suck to try to decipher what your actually trying to say ? Look , buddy , your posting here for what ? For us to read and understand and possibly agree (or not) with whatever point your trying to present ? And your told not by one , but by several that your meaning is sometimes being lost in around all the weird fonts . And still you continue ? So I guess it isn't about wanting us to hear your point , it's about you wanting to see the reaction to your often times illegible prose ?

Originally Posted by combatpigg
I have an archaeologist friend who is fluent in deciphering hieroglyphics translate HD's posts for me.
I realize this OLD NEWS but then again some one brought it up so ,,, I do my best to get your attention BUT:

Old 01-22-2016, 10:31 PM
jeffrey solomon

Hello Combatpig

Long time since I heard from you.
Recently had some information regarding the AMA lawsuit submitted 8/22/14 case# 14-1158
Perhaps you are aware of it but perhaps others reading are not .
here is a conversation between my Uncle and Chad Budreau;

Here was the reponse, so Denton’s is retained as well!

Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 12:40 PM
To: Milt Farrow
Subject: RE: Case# 14-1158

Hi Milt,

We do work with more than one legal team, although our primary efforts are with Denton’s at this time.

The petition is in abeyance while the FAA reviews and addresses comments from the public.

Marke “Hoot” Gibson has only been in office for a few months. It was probably not realistic to expect him to answer specific questions or loopholes about the UAS Registration. Most of our efforts have been with Earl Lawrence, the Director of UAS. Lawrence and his team is much more familiar with the registration program. Gibson’s presence was more to demonstrate the FAA is wanting to hear our member concerns first hand.

Chad

Chad Budreau
Academy of Model Aeronautics
765.287.1256 x227

Sent: Friday, January 22, 2016 12:30 PM
To: Chad Budreau
Subject: Case# 14-1158

Chad:

I would like to know the status of this case. I see the law firm entering the “ request for rehearing” was Kremer, Levin, Naftalis & Frankel and not Denton & Associates-I have not heard from you all since you returned, Hoot Gibson

was a Big disappointment to say the least! he was winging the entire question period and was totally unfamiliar with the AMA operations.

Awaiting your response

Respectfully Requested

Milt Farrow

Old 01-23-2016, 05:41 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Typestyle is certainly important when trying to convey your message. Not just with on-line viewing, but with printed text as well. However, using good typestyles doesn't improve the quality of the content you're trying to convey.

Last edited by Chris P. Bacon; 01-23-2016 at 05:44 AM.
Old 01-23-2016, 05:46 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Typestyle is certainly important when trying to convey your message. Not just with on-line viewing, but with printed text as well. However, using good typestyles doesn't improve the quality of the content.
On that we agree. Content is another matter entirely. I often find myself reading my post several times to make a meager attempt at wondering how others will perceive it. No doubt, all of our many different environments shape our perception of the content.
Old 01-23-2016, 06:28 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

On that we agree. Content is another matter entirely. I often find myself reading my post several times to make a meager attempt at wondering how others will perceive it. No doubt, all of our many different environments shape our perception of the content.
I often do the same, reread and make changes enhance clarity and reduce ambiguity, but still have the occasional typos and ambiguity. I also don't spend hours trying to translate someone's hieroglyphics, if it's to hard or time consuming to translate I just move on to the next post. Sooner or later the writer will figure it out.
Old 01-23-2016, 07:52 AM
init4fun

Typestyle is certainly important when trying to convey your message. Not just with on-line viewing, but with printed text as well. However, using good typestyles doesn't improve the quality of the content you're trying to convey.

So on the one hand , I'm the big bad meanie for trying to let the guy know that his message is being lost in and around all the goofy fonts , But on the other hand , the exact same "advice" posted by the one who had to go and get mouthy with me about it , is perfectly OK .

I'll just leave these two posts here to fend for themselves ........
Old 01-23-2016, 08:11 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

So on the one hand , I'm the big bad meanie for trying to let the guy know that his message is being lost in and around all the goofy fonts , But on the other hand , the exact same "advice" posted by the one who had to go and get mouthy with me about it , is perfectly OK .

I'll just leave these two posts here to fend for themselves ........
Uh, no. You, never a meanie. Please re-read my posts. My point is he's not violating the rules. Don't like it, don't read it (that's what I do), but you can't control the typestyles someone uses.
Old 01-23-2016, 08:18 AM
init4fun

Uh, no. You, never a meanie. Please re-read my posts. My point is he's not violating the rules. Don't like it, don't read it (that's what I do), but you can't control the typestyles someone uses.
Chris , Honestly buddy , I wasn't trying to "control" anything . The guy has complained that nobody "gets" his posts and I was telling him why and what could make his posting more legible to the people reading them .

It's like I always say , It's damned near impossible at times to decipher "feeling" from a post . I agree 100% that a lot of my posts come off as being mean or curt , and that's truly NOT what the meaning behind them was meant to be ... Well , most of em anyway ...

I've also said this a few times too ;

I may argue or post "meanly" , but I KNOW if we were at the field together we'd be cracking jokes and having a great time , I consider nobody out here an enemy and would have a beer and a laugh with anyone here who wanted to .
Old 01-23-2016, 08:35 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Chris , Honestly buddy , I wasn't trying to "control" anything . The guy has complained that nobody "gets" his posts and I was telling him why and what could make his posting more legible to the people reading them .

You told him, what more can you do? Some people never get it. One definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expecting to get different results.

It's like I always say , It's damned near impossible at times to decipher "feeling" from a post . I agree 100% that a lot of my posts come off as being mean or curt , and that's truly NOT what the meaning behind them was meant to be ... Well , most of em anyway ...

I've also said this a few times too ;

I may argue or post "meanly" , but I KNOW if we were at the field together we'd be cracking jokes and having a great time , I consider nobody out here an enemy and would have a beer and a laugh with anyone here who wanted to .

Sounds good. I'm in!
Old 01-23-2016, 08:45 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Group hug!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.