Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Yes or No , Do you think the AMA was right or wrong to embrace DRONES ?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.
View Poll Results: Was it a mistake or not for the AMA to embrace drones ?
Yes
77.25%
No
22.75%
Voters: 356. You may not vote on this poll

Yes or No , Do you think the AMA was right or wrong to embrace DRONES ?

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2016, 08:52 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by init4fun
Chris , Honestly buddy , I wasn't trying to "control" anything . The guy has complained that nobody "gets" his posts and I was telling him why and what could make his posting more legible to the people reading them .

You told him, what more can you do? Some people never get it. One definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expecting to get different results.

It's like I always say , It's damned near impossible at times to decipher "feeling" from a post . I agree 100% that a lot of my posts come off as being mean or curt , and that's truly NOT what the meaning behind them was meant to be ... Well , most of em anyway ...

I've also said this a few times too ;

I may argue or post "meanly" , but I KNOW if we were at the field together we'd be cracking jokes and having a great time , I consider nobody out here an enemy and would have a beer and a laugh with anyone here who wanted to .

Sounds good. I'm in!

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
Now U guys are all Lovie Dovie and drink'n beer.
I think It's time to stop bickering and nit picking about someones choice of font or name calling and figure a way to have the FAA Tackle the real problem of the uneducated ill informed people flying Non-Traditional "QUADS MR's DRONES" Where, When, & How they are not to be flown. If fail to accomplish that we deserve to be regulated out of our own Piece of the SKY. Now it is our choice. If U/we continue to bicker about nothing, then U/We/Me are a big part of the Problem Not the Solution. Remember we have the power, if we choose to be United .Divided we all will be regulated out of existence. Your choice. Simple as that.

That doesn't mean we should not FIGHT as one common body for our right not Privilege to our piece of the air space around us. Traditional R/V Model air planes have never been a problem, even above 400'AGL.
Old 01-23-2016, 09:32 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by HoundDog
Chris , Honestly buddy , I wasn't trying to "control" anything . The guy has complained that nobody "gets" his posts and I was telling him why and what could make his posting more legible to the people reading them .

You told him, what more can you do? Some people never get it. One definition of insanity is to keep doing the same thing and expecting to get different results.

It's like I always say , It's damned near impossible at times to decipher "feeling" from a post . I agree 100% that a lot of my posts come off as being mean or curt , and that's truly NOT what the meaning behind them was meant to be ... Well , most of em anyway ...

I've also said this a few times too ;

I may argue or post "meanly" , but I KNOW if we were at the field together we'd be cracking jokes and having a great time , I consider nobody out here an enemy and would have a beer and a laugh with anyone here who wanted to .

Sounds good. I'm in!

I think It's time to stop bickering and nit picking about someones choice of font or name calling and figure a way to have the FAA Tackle the real problem of the uneducated ill informed people flying Non-Traditional "QUADS MR's DRONES" Where, When, & How they are not to be flown. If fail to accomplish that we deserve to be regulated out of our own Piece of the SKY. Now it is our choice. If U/we continue to bicker about nothing, then U/We/Me are a big part of the Problem Not the Solution. Remember we have the power, if we choose to be United .Divided we all will be regulated out of existence. Your choice. Simple as that.

That doesn't mean we should not FIGHT as one common body for our right not Privilege to our piece of the air space around us. Traditional R/V Model air planes have never been a problem, even above 400'AGL.
Thanks Hound Buddy , , , I had to put my 300X readers on to see that .... So , you down for a Brewski or two ?
Old 01-23-2016, 10:22 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If one wishes to educate others it's imperative they first educate them self. Now matter how good the message is, it's never going to read if it's too difficult to decipher.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:41 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Thanks Hound Buddy , , , I had to put my 300X readers on to see that .... So , you down for a Brewski or two ?
Depending on your browser, hit CTRL + "+" (plus key) to zoom in. Of course, it works from the browser's menus as well.
Old 01-23-2016, 10:49 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
Depending on your browser, hit CTRL + "+" (plus key) to zoom in. Of course, it works from the browser's menus as well.
Thank You Chris , I appreciate that tip .

Funny thing is , for real , I know more about the insides of the computer than I know about software functions . As an electronic hobbyist , many times I repaired power supplies or monitors (CRT days , haven't opened up too many flat LCD or LED panels but I have seen the insides of two of them) for friends who knew all about the software but not so much the electronics of the hardware .
Old 01-24-2016, 06:02 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

So on the one hand , I'm the big bad meanie for trying to let the guy know that his message is being lost in and around all the goofy fonts , But on the other hand , the exact same "advice" posted by the one who had to go and get mouthy with me about it , is perfectly OK .

I'll just leave these two posts here to fend for themselves ........
I've just started to call it, "HYPOCRISPY"
Old 01-24-2016, 06:43 AM
HoundDog

Absolutely. Is that an Invite from INIT if so U'll have to say where U are From. Hope it some place near a Path from AJ to Shreveport to S.E. Wisconsin, some time around april 16th. Got a "Hound Dog Reunion" to attend At Barksdale AFB. I'm Partial to Coors NA. Drank way too much in the olden days after Brown JR's and during K&B's.
Old 01-25-2016, 11:56 AM
init4fun

Absolutely. Is that an Invite from INIT if so U'll have to say where U are From. Hope it some place near a Path from AJ to Shreveport to S.E. Wisconsin, some time around april 16th. Got a "Hound Dog Reunion" to attend At Barksdale AFB. I'm Partial to Coors NA. Drank way too much in the olden days after Brown JR's and during K&B's.
My Friend you would be welcome here anytime .... Our problem would be one of distance , "here" happens to be about as far away as you could get from Arizona and still be in the continental US , I'm on the east coast of Massachusetts . If you ever were to find yourself this far east or if I were ever in Arizona we'll have to get together and see each other's plane collection , visit the field for a flight or few and then take care of some beverages, no matter if they have alcohol in them or not .
Old 01-26-2016, 07:47 AM
HoundDog

Massachusetts ? U ever run in to a guy by the Name of Charlie Nelson .. Been in this Hobby for ever. Scratch builder, Scale Competitor.Charlie is from SW of Boston some place . Well charlie and his wife winter out here. Closest I've ever been to Massachusetts is Honeymooned at Martha's Vineyard. Told Donna if we didn't fly back on Saturday instead of sunday we'd get stuck some place in Pennsylvania or Ohio for weather. Way too rough for instruments in a Old 172. Long story short got back in time for the last day of Oshkosh in 75, Haven't Miss Oshkosh in since 1972. 44 consecutive year in attendance. So if U get near Oshkosh around the end of July drop a PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 10:41 PM
hessian123

In case anyone here is still interested in showing their disgust for the re-categorization of our model aircraft as drones, check out these bumper stickers: http://www.not-a-drone.com/
I'm doing my best to keep people aware of the distinction between our models and drones, I hope you will all do the same. Otherwise, we'll be quickly swept away along with the drones as legislation becomes more and more draconian.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	not_a_drone_2-watermarked_small.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	21.4 KB
ID:	2150564   Click image for larger version

Name:	not_a_drone_cartoon-watermarked_small.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	15.4 KB
ID:	2150565   Click image for larger version

Name:	not_a_drone_LOS-watermarked_small.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	2150566  
Old 03-03-2016, 03:45 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Any chance that's your website?
Old 03-03-2016, 04:15 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by hessian123
In case anyone here is still interested in showing their disgust for the re-categorization of our model aircraft as drones, check out these bumper stickers: http://www.not-a-drone.com/
I'm doing my best to keep people aware of the distinction between our models and drones, I hope you will all do the same. Otherwise, we'll be quickly swept away along with the drones as legislation becomes more and more draconian.

Those are awesome. I just ordered 1,000.
Old 03-03-2016, 04:38 AM
porcia83
Banned

Can you cancel that order, I'm going to offer them at 2.99 shipped?
Old 03-03-2016, 05:19 AM
init4fun

Ok , you want to know what I think sucks ?

This guy , selling the bumper stickers , in the "The AMA members kick their organization to the curb" thread , pulls the old "Hey Guys ! Look at the great website I found !!!" bullstuff as though he's just some happy hobbyist ready to share his find with everyone , when in actuality in this thread it appears he does own the site by his "I'm doing my best to keep people aware of the distinction ..." sentence . So which is it dude ? a great find or a bit of early morning spamity spam i am ?

Come to me from a position of honesty and I'll at least listen to anything you've got to say . Come to me with some sneaky BS , like with the old "Hey Guys" routine , and I promise you your sales pitch will fall on deaf ears .

Christ , even gens ace , the most prolific spammer the battery forum has ever known , comes right out with the fact that "Hey , I'm here to sell you batteries ! " (over , and over , and over , ad nauseum)
Old 03-03-2016, 05:53 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by hessian123

If you think that there is a legal distinction between a recreational model airplane and a so called 'drone", you came into the game late and you don't understand that the FAA doesn't care! Also someone should delete this for advertising his own web site.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:05 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Also someone should delete this for advertising his own web site.
Sport , my Friend , if RCU don't care to delete literally hundreds of gens ace spam posts in the batteries subforum , what makes you think anyone is gonna bother with this guy's 5 or so servings of spam ? The very fact that he mentioned the site don't bother me , it seems everyone with a site has it in their signature line these days anyway , it's the sneaky BS dishonesty of the "Hey Guys !" approach that insures I will never be a customer . Well , that , and the fact that I do not put bumper stickers of any kind on my vehicles . If I wanted to drive a tarted up NASCAR with all the advertising stickers and slogans I'd have become a race car driver rather than a mechanic ....
Old 03-03-2016, 06:36 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by porcia83
Can you cancel that order, I'm going to offer them at 2.99 shipped?
Porchy baby be careful his stickers are copy written That might get cost U mor and get ya more time tha fling your DRONE with out the proper paper work and registration, 3 to 5 or and$27K to $300K. What they get for copy wright infringement.

WofWof
the hound barkes here, and goes BOOM over there.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:39 AM
porcia83
Banned

Thanks for the legal advice, copyright....uh huh, sure thing. In other news, I have a bridge to sell you, dirt cheap! You can fly your drone over it and take a look before leaving a deposit.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:41 AM
porcia83
Banned

Sport , my Friend , if RCU don't care to delete literally hundreds of gens ace spam posts in the batteries subforum , what makes you think anyone is gonna bother with this guy's 5 or so servings of spam ? The very fact that he mentioned the site don't bother me , it seems everyone with a site has it in their signature line these days anyway , it's the sneaky BS dishonesty of the "Hey Guys !" approach that insures I will never be a customer . Well , that , and the fact that I do not put bumper stickers of any kind on my vehicles . If I wanted to drive a tarted up NASCAR with all the advertising stickers and slogans I'd have become a race car driver rather than a mechanic ....
+1 If it's such a great product, and he's proud of it, by all means shout it out from the rooftops. Or better yet, the Marketplace were it belongs. He did it in the Hot Online Deals at RCG under a different name, why not list them here were they belong? These threads are for disagreeing about the AMA and FAA.
Old 03-03-2016, 06:51 AM
Sport_Pilot

These threads are for disagreeing about the AMA and FAA.
We cannot agree? No wonder we cannot get along!
Old 03-03-2016, 06:53 AM
porcia83
Banned

If we agree to disagree, then we have agreed no? Be positive!
Old 03-03-2016, 07:22 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by porcia83
Thanks for the legal advice, copyright....uh huh, sure thing. In other news, I have a bridge to sell you, dirt cheap! You can fly your drone over it and take a look before leaving a deposit.
What do U consider CHEEP? OH OH time to SSS I's is a go'n flying drones
Wind 3-5 outa the south and 82 by non. But it;s a "DRY HEAT:.

http://www.wunderground.com/us/az/apache-junction/zmw:85120.1.99999
Old 03-03-2016, 07:27 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
We cannot agree? No wonder we cannot get along!
Can't get along woow, Look who's calling the Kettle (BLACK) is that racist?

Gone DRONE Flying ...

WofWof the hound barkes here, and goes BOOM over there
Old 03-03-2016, 07:55 AM
porcia83
Banned

What do U consider CHEEP? OH OH time to SSS I's is a go'n flying drones
Wind 3-5 outa the south and 82 by non. But it;s a "DRY HEAT:.

http://www.wunderground.com/us/az/apache-junction/zmw:85120.1.99999
O/k, that's just mean. not the SSS stuff, but the 82 degree stuff. Ouch! Have fun!
Old 03-03-2016, 12:52 PM
acdii

Received 97 Likes on 88 Posts

ohKAY now I remember why I stopped perusing this thread.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.