Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Meanwhile , while everyone was arguing about DRONES ............

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.
View Poll Results: Should the AMA have signed an MOU with the OBAP ?
Yes , they should have signed the MOU
30.43%
No , they should not have signed the MOU
69.57%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Meanwhile , while everyone was arguing about DRONES ............

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2015, 06:06 PM
Johnny_Zero
My Feedback: (44)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

WOW........I am speechless...............
Old 12-02-2015, 06:06 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R
It's not an "endorsement". It is an agreement between the two groups to work cooperatively to help each other. Did any of you actually read the announcement??

[/FONT][/COLOR]
I flunked Orwellian Doublespeak Class, so would you be so good as to translate what this means in plain $$English$$....?
Old 12-02-2015, 06:12 PM
cj_rumley

It's not an "endorsement". It is an agreement between the two groups to work cooperatively to help each other. Did any of you actually read the announcement??

[/FONT][/COLOR]
I didn't read it (or even see it), but thanks to your posting that summary I now have. I'd sure as heck rather have AMA involved with this activity than drones!
Old 12-02-2015, 06:18 PM
combatpigg

Is this an endowment..?
A sponsorship..?
or just a "Feel good moment"...?
Old 12-02-2015, 07:09 PM
jatoRC

The OBAP does not exclude anyone. You don't need to be black to join. It is open to all regardless of your race.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:18 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

well, jato,
i was wondering how long before someone pointed that out.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:35 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by jatoRC
The OBAP does not exclude anyone. You don't need to be black to join. It is open to all regardless of your race.
If true, you just stuck a pin in all the
Archie Bunker gasbags who have been posting.
Btw, Init4fun,
a new low. Congrats.
Old 12-02-2015, 07:51 PM
combatpigg

Originally Posted by 804
Btw, Init4fun,
a new low. Congrats.
Either that or some answers to legitimate questions have rolled in.
Why are you against the questioning...?
Old 12-02-2015, 11:45 PM
Silent-AV8R

Originally Posted by combatpigg
Is this an endowment..?
A sponsorship..?
or just a "Feel good moment"...?
It appears you are being purposefully obtuse in order to make your point that you are unhappy about this.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:19 AM
Rob2160

I didn't know anything about this organisation but yeah, you are right.

From the application form.

FULL Membership is extended to any person who supports our mission and/or professionals in the aviation/aerospace industry.

Last edited by Rob2160; 12-03-2015 at 12:29 AM.
Old 12-03-2015, 12:20 AM
combatpigg

It appears you are being purposefully obtuse in order to make your point that you are unhappy about this.
I am genuinely curious, but if you don't want to answer my question[s] I will understand.
Old 12-03-2015, 04:14 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by 804
Btw, Init4fun,
a new low. Congrats.
Sorry pal , I call em like I see em , and till I see the "Organization of White Aerospace Professionals" , I call the name of this organization "racist" .

PS , if they really DO accept folks of all races , WHY have one specific race mentioned in the organization's name in the first place ?
Old 12-03-2015, 04:17 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ok, so back to the thought of why does the AMA need to be involved in OBAP and made such a poor choice (as if they haven't made many already)? Many believe the AMA has been on a downhill trek for a while now. Who thinks they are moving along on a favorable path with good decision making practices?

Hmmm....we can make an org of American Indian RC flyers that only use certain types of Indian dream catchers, be open to all colors of people (none would join knowing the purpose) and then we can see if the AMA can adopt us as well. Since they have chosen OBAP they would not be able to refuse us. BTW, I am not an American Indian and am merely using this as an example of how ridiculous this choice was.

AMA needs some serious brain power or close up shop. Really most folks are in the AMA for the insurance bens and because the clubs are locked in the AMA that is the only places they can fly unless they own a flying field (which most don't).
Old 12-03-2015, 07:11 AM
Silent-AV8R

I am genuinely curious, but if you don't want to answer my question[s] I will understand.
I answered your question and you pretended not to understand the plain English used in it. This group is not a SIG, is not being "endorsed", "endowed", or "sponsored" by AMA. It is a simple letter agreeing to help each other with their mutual goals of helping young people to develop an interest in aviation. There are no clearer ways to say that and acting as if you do not understand is the very definition of obtuse.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:13 AM
mike1974
My Feedback: (1)

Originally Posted by Luchnia
Ok, so back to the thought of why does the AMA need to be involved in OBAP and made such a poor choice (as if they haven't made many already)? Many believe the AMA has been on a downhill trek for a while now. Who thinks they are moving along on a favorable path with good decision making practices?

Hmmm....we can make an org of American Indian RC flyers that only use certain types of Indian dream catchers, be open to all colors of people (none would join knowing the purpose) and then we can see if the AMA can adopt us as well. Since they have chosen OBAP they would not be able to refuse us. BTW, I am not an American Indian and am merely using this as an example of how ridiculous this choice was.

AMA needs some serious brain power or close up shop. Really most folks are in the AMA for the insurance bens and because the clubs are locked in the AMA that is the only places they can fly unless they own a flying field (which most don't).
I have to admit the only reason I carry AMA is because our club field requires it. My homeowners is primary. I'm not being negative toward the AMA, just stating a fact.

I could put that 75.00 towards a drone!
Old 12-03-2015, 07:14 AM
Silent-AV8R

Originally Posted by init4fun
PS , if they really DO accept folks of all races , WHY have one specific race mentioned in the organization's name in the first place ?
You can join the NAACP too if you like, but based on your posts I'm betting you would lean more towards a group with fewer letters all from around the middle of the alphabet.
Old 12-03-2015, 07:35 AM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
My Feedback: (180)

You can join the NAACP too if you like, but based on your posts I'm betting you would lean more towards a group with fewer letters all from around the middle of the alphabet.
Typical ignorant response to anyone that questions the "need" for black only clubs, groups, organizations, caucus, shopping network, cable tv channel, beauty pageant, circus, magazine, and version of the Wizard of Oz.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:03 AM
Silent-AV8R

Originally Posted by AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
Typical ignorant response to anyone that questions the "need" for black only clubs, groups, organizations, caucus, shopping network, cable tv channel, beauty pageant, circus, magazine, and version of the Wizard of Oz.
Right, anyone who does not agree with overtly racists rants is "ignorant". What's ignorant is the OP and most others opposed to this step by the AMA do not even understand what the agreement is all about. SO their entire opinion is based on ill informed bias. But I am the ignorant one, got it!
Old 12-03-2015, 08:13 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

So why do we need to have one race groups at all? Are we not one country of immigrants or the offspring thereof? The wife and I are both "mutts" of primarily European decent. I work with African-Americans, Asians and Hispanics, for the most part, with no problems. If the race card is played, I'm usually the one that it's played on by those that think they are more "entitled" than I am or they are trying to get the "upper hand" when they disagree with what they are being told
Old 12-03-2015, 08:15 AM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
My Feedback: (180)

Right, anyone who does not agree with overtly racists rants is "ignorant". What's ignorant is the OP and most others opposed to this step by the AMA do not even understand what the agreement is all about. SO their entire opinion is based on ill informed bias. But I am the ignorant one, got it!
Suggesting someone that doesn't agree with the need for a separatist group should join the KKK is ignorant and childish. Nobody is asking or telling you to agree, they're just questioning the "need". I haven't seen any "racist rants" that you mention.

I question the need for ANY group that excludes others based on race or religion. I guess that makes me an ignorant racist in your eyes?

Last edited by AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken; 12-03-2015 at 08:53 AM.
Old 12-03-2015, 08:35 AM
combatpigg

I answered your question and you pretended not to understand the plain English used in it. This group is not a SIG, is not being "endorsed", "endowed", or "sponsored" by AMA. It is a simple letter agreeing to help each other with their mutual goals of helping young people to develop an interest in aviation. There are no clearer ways to say that and acting as if you do not understand is the very definition of obtuse.
I honestly do not know what you mean by "help" in this case.
Do you mean that the AMA has offered to hold some parts for them while they are drying...?
Old 12-03-2015, 09:59 AM
init4fun

Suggesting someone that doesn't agree with the need for a separatist group should join the KKK is ignorant and childish. Nobody is asking or telling you to agree, they're just questioning the "need". I haven't seen any "racist rants" that you mention.

I question the need for ANY group that excludes others based on race or religion. I guess that makes me an ignorant racist in your eyes?
Thank You sir ,

What Silent hasn't a clue about is who I really am . Because I'm a political "centrist" , and he's Uber left , he thinks anyone who occasionally sees certain "traditionally Right wing" ideals as correct is the true reincarnation of Archie Bunker . What a horribly flat two dimensional world he must live in to hang such KKK garbage on someone he knows nothing about .The KKK reference would be comical if it wasn't so blatant a deflection of the real issue here . Any people who actually think for a moment about this usually come to the same conclusion you , I , and several others who responded to this thread have , and that there is no place in this world for segregationist groups (or group NAMES that imply segregation) . And there is certainly no place in an AMA MOU for an organization whose name screams racial exclusivity .
Old 12-03-2015, 09:59 AM
cj_rumley

I honestly do not know what you mean by "help" in this case.
Do you mean that the AMA has offered to hold some parts for them while they are drying...?
Man, this thread is turning into exactly what I expected of it, except that RCKen hasn't pulled the plug..........yet.
Old 12-03-2015, 10:14 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
Man, this thread is turning into exactly what I expected of it, except that RCKen hasn't pulled the plug..........yet.
Gee , if it bothers you that much , there are lots of OTHER threads here at RCU that may be more to your liking ?

How is this such a difficult issue for some to deal with ? Anybody with a sense of fairness knows that if you can't have a White or Asian only group , why SHOULD a Black only group be condoned ? It's really just that simple . Due to the use of the word black , THEY have made it about race , would we really be having this discussion about the "Organization of Aerospace Professionals" if the word Black wasn't in there ?
Old 12-03-2015, 10:27 AM
daydream believer

deleted

Last edited by daydream believer; 12-03-2015 at 12:14 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.