Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Meanwhile , while everyone was arguing about DRONES ............

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.
View Poll Results: Should the AMA have signed an MOU with the OBAP ?
Yes , they should have signed the MOU
30.43%
No , they should not have signed the MOU
69.57%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Meanwhile , while everyone was arguing about DRONES ............

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2015, 10:00 PM
cfircav8r
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
That may be but they cannot do anything to you legally. Like when the same thing happened to the Augusta Golf Club and someone sued them because they don't allow women. Well they won their suit, then about a decade later allowed two women members one is Condoleezza Rice,
Just because something is legal doesn't make it culturally acceptable. Just because something is culturally acceptable doesn't make it morally right.
Old 12-06-2015, 04:29 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

While I'm a fan of polls this one ain't one of them. IMO you needed a " I don't care either way" choice.

Mike
Old 12-06-2015, 05:08 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The ama has bigger fish to fry. They should be pulling all the stops to work on the current issue that may very well impact the entire hobby rather than spend time on pr issues like this. Shelve all business like this until the faa debacle is resolved.
Old 12-06-2015, 05:44 AM

Originally Posted by rcmiket
While I'm a fan of polls this one ain't one of them. IMO you needed a " I don't care either way" choice.

Mike
And a "OP is making a mountain of a molehill" choice.
Old 12-06-2015, 05:44 AM
jatoRC

Originally Posted by init4fun

Since we have no "Black Squadrons" or "Negro Leagues" anymore , white against black racism sure seems on the decline to me .
Maybe from your "white" point of view.
Old 12-06-2015, 07:16 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by rcmiket

Mike
Originally Posted by 804
And a "OP is making a mountain of a molehill" choice.

Honestly , I see no forced participation here at RCU , and so the "I don't care either way" and "mountains out of molehills" options are exercised by enjoying all the OTHER RCU threads that you DO care about .
I think , however , since you just HAD to comment here , this subject DOES hold some interest to both of you , no matter which position either of you favor in the poll .......

Originally Posted by jatoRC
Maybe from your "white" point of view.
Nope , nice try , from my COLORBLIND point of view , NOTHING was about race till the OBAP had to go putting BLACK in their name .....

NEXT !
Old 12-06-2015, 07:28 AM

Honestly , I see no forced participation here at RCU , and so the "I don't care either way" and "mountains out of molehills" options are exercised by enjoying all the OTHER RCU threads that you DO care about .
I think , however , since you just HAD to comment here , this subject DOES hold some interest to both of you , no matter which position either of you favor in the poll .......

Nope , nice try , from my COLORBLIND point of view , NOTHING was about race till the OBAP had to go putting BLACK in their name .....

NEXT !
Your main problem is that you actually
think it is possible to be "colorblind",
and that you think you really are!

You must be Jesus!
Old 12-06-2015, 07:43 AM
jatoRC

NEXT !
You stated it seemed to you that rasicm was on the decline because there are no negro leagues or squadrons. Nice try in taking my comment out of context. You think your colorblind? I say that statement is from a "white" point of view. Racism is alive a well it is just not as open as it used to be. That doesn't mean it is in decline. Just look at the daily news.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:02 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by jatoRC
Racism is alive a well it is just not as open as it used to be. That doesn't mean it is in decline.
And I say it IS on the decline , but with with BOTH sides still actively participating . I never once said white on black racism has been totally eradicated . It still exists . Now show me ONE white racist group that the AMA has signed an MOU with and I'll be the first to call that racism , also ! But here we have a clear cut case of black against white (and Asian , and Native American , and everybody else who isnt black) racism , CONDONED by our AMA , and you have no problem with that ?

Both you and 804 have now made your points perfectly clear , racism can only exist if it's white against black , and there is no such thing as black against white racism , and the AMA was just fine to embrace the OBAP . Since both of your senses of fairness and what's REALLY going on in the world appear to be , flawed , I have no further responses for those that refuse to see the truth or are just arguing for argument's sake .

Good bye ......
Old 12-06-2015, 01:00 PM
jatoRC

I never said there is no such thing as black on white racism and you saying I feel that way is nothing more than a bold face lie and to me that says a lot about your character.

No I don't believe racisim is in decline as I see it on a regular basis. I believe it is increasing. What you see and believe is obviously different. Maybe that is because you experience the world from the white perspective.

As far as the AMA, for me if their actions offend me that strongly I would not renew. I would have an issue if they signed an MUO with the Black Panthers or the KKK, but I would have no issue if they signed with the Society of Women Engineers.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:22 PM

And I say it IS on the decline , but with with BOTH sides still actively participating . I never once said white on black racism has been totally eradicated . It still exists . Now show me ONE white racist group that the AMA has signed an MOU with and I'll be the first to call that racism , also ! But here we have a clear cut case of black against white (and Asian , and Native American , and everybody else who isnt black) racism , CONDONED by our AMA , and you have no problem with that ?

Both you and 804 have now made your points perfectly clear , racism can only exist if it's white against black , and there is no such thing as black against white racism , and the AMA was just fine to embrace the OBAP . Since both of your senses of fairness and what's REALLY going on in the world appear to be , flawed , I have no further responses for those that refuse to see the truth or are just arguing for argument's sake .

Good bye ......
Let your emotions get away from you much?
Maybe you have learned something--if you
don't want to be disagreed with, don't
offer an opinion.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:31 PM
jatoRC

Deleted duplicate
Old 12-07-2015, 05:16 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
The ama has bigger fish to fry. They should be pulling all the stops to work on the current issue that may very well impact the entire hobby rather than spend time on pr issues like this. Shelve all business like this until the faa debacle is resolved.

My drone poll thread is still running 80% in favor of not having embraced drones , you are right that is the single most important issue facing RC aircraft modelers today . The overt racism in the OBAP name is not as important , but is still an issue nonetheless . What our couple of "race baiters" in this thread don't seem to understand is that some folks (ME) embrace model aviation as a hobby that racism really shouldn't play a part in and to see racism SO obvious is something that had to be mentioned . I see this poll is running around 64 % , meaning that more folks than just me DO see the OBAP name as being divisive .

Happy Flying ...
Old 12-07-2015, 06:00 AM
mugenkidd
My Feedback: (94)

My drone poll thread is still running 80% in favor of not having embraced drones , you are right that is the single most important issue facing RC aircraft modelers today . The overt racism in the OBAP name is not as important , but is still an issue nonetheless . What our couple of "race baiters" in this thread don't seem to understand is that some folks (ME) embrace model aviation as a hobby that racism really shouldn't play a part in and to see racism SO obvious is something that had to be mentioned . I see this poll is running around 64 % , meaning that more folks than just me DO see the OBAP name as being divisive .

Happy Flying ...
Not to beat a dead horse but by definition using the word black in the name of an organization is not racism. If this organization was a black racist organization why would they join up with a 90% + white organization like the AMA.. by definition this is a multicultural organization.

Definition of
Multiculturalism describes the existence, acceptance, or promotion of multiple cultural traditions within a single jurisdiction, usually considered in terms of the culture associated with an ethnic group.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	dead_horse_what.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	33.8 KB
ID:	2134603