Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Meanwhile , while everyone was arguing about DRONES ............

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.
View Poll Results: Should the AMA have signed an MOU with the OBAP ?
Yes , they should have signed the MOU
30.43%
No , they should not have signed the MOU
69.57%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Meanwhile , while everyone was arguing about DRONES ............

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2015, 09:04 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by combatpigg
OBAP [as well as other exclusive groups] use the standard "We accept everyone" as a "Work Around" to avoid discrimination charges.
How ignorant do you need to be not to realize that...?
They don't have to have that "work around", but it does make them more acceptable to the public. BTW there would be more white members than you might think. There are more than a few white members of the NAACP.

BTW the NAACP was founded by white people.

Last edited by Sport_Pilot; 12-04-2015 at 09:38 AM.
Old 12-04-2015, 09:43 AM
mugenkidd
My Feedback: (94)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
I'm sorry but I'm not reading six paragraphs of your rambling on to justify your viewpoint after you twisted a simple question of "why" requiring two lines into something it wasn't. It's just not worth my time
AWESOME!! Thank you for proving my point. Civil discourse is a dying art and we are suffering as a country for it. Everything in life is not simple and cannot be summed up in a single sentence or talking point.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:07 AM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
My Feedback: (180)

Originally Posted by mugenkidd
AWESOME!! Thank you for proving my point. Civil discourse is a dying art and we are suffering as a country for it. Everything in life is not simple and cannot be summed up in a single sentence or talking point.
OMG you people are ignorant! I don't even believe you know what racism is, research the definition.
Will probably take u less time then it took u to post on this site andyou may learn something new. it’s really quitesad and I feel bad for the ignorance that is constantly presented here.
There are professional women aviation groups and I havenever heard such negativity about them, but maybe you hate them too idk? .

Ignorance - lacking knowledge, information, or awareness aboutsomething in particular.

Research - the systematic investigation into and study of materials and sources in order to establish facts and reach new conclusions.
A quick google search of the definition of “ignorant”will yield 3 definitions.
Maybe you should try insulting us more. That might get us to read your dissertation on white guilt.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:13 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Mugenkidd, I didn't prove anything for you. I basicly told you I don't care about what you have to say. You manipulated a post so you could attack me and are now trying to justify it. Since I apparently didn't say it clearly enough earlier let me try again:
GO TAKE A FLYING LEAP OFF THE GOLDEN GATE BRIDGE BECAUSE I HAVE NO TIME OR USE FOR THOSE THE USE DECEPTION AND MANIPULATION TO MAKE THEMSELVES LOOK GOOD AND THAT IS EXACTLY WHAT YOU DID YESTERDAY

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 12-04-2015 at 01:06 PM.
Old 12-04-2015, 10:39 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Have you heard of the NAACP? How about black colleges? Some don't even allow whites to enroll. Augusta did not allow women till recently, but that was perfectly legal and not legally racist.
Yes sir , the NAACP does indeed , exist , and when the AMA signs an MOU with them I expect I'll make a similar thread here about that.

It can't be any plainer , The AMA signed a friendship document with an organization whose name seeks to racially divide folks . Period . It didn't take me 6 paragraphs to state that . It's wrong for our organization to align with any exclusionary group , right on up to the KKK that I was accused earlier of being , to the NAACP which has now outlived it's function . We have had a Black man as our President for 2 terms now . Like the man's politics or not , he is no stupid or ignorant person and he shattered the last barrier supposedly holding any Black folks down . The highest office in the land , and still true equality hasn't been reached ? What more is it gonna take ? I bet my bottom dollar the AMA would never sign with the "Organization of White Aerospace Professionals" and as such to sign with the OBAP was just flat out wrong .
Old 12-04-2015, 10:40 AM
init4fun

I'm pleasantly surprised that this topic wasn't censored.
This re-enforces my respect for the role that RCU plays in our community..
Well said CP ,
Old 12-04-2015, 10:42 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by init4fun
Yes sir , the NAACP does indeed , exist , and when the AMA signs an MOU with them I expect I'll make a similar thread here about that.

It can't be any plainer , The AMA signed a friendship document with an organization whose name seeks to racially divide folks . Period . It didn't take me 6 paragraphs to state that . It's wrong for our organization to align with any exclusionary group , right on up to the KKK that I was accused earlier of being , to the NAACP which has now outlived it's function . We have had a Black man as our President for 2 terms now . Like the man's politics or not , he is no stupid or ignorant person and he shattered the last barrier supposedly holding any Black folks down . The highest office in the land , and still true equality hasn't been reached ? What more is it gonna take ? I bet my bottom dollar the AMA would never sign with the "Organization of White Aerospace Professionals" and as such to sign with the OBAP was just flat out wrong .

Exclusionary group? I thought it was established that all could join?
Old 12-04-2015, 11:23 AM
init4fun

Exclusionary group? I thought it was established that all could join?
OBAP [as well as other exclusive groups] use the standard "We accept everyone" as a "Work Around" to avoid discrimination charges.
How ignorant do you need to be not to realize that...?
Come on Sport , CP answered your question one page back .

Tell me Sport , are ya White ?

If yes , does the word Black in the OBAP's name make ya feel welcome ?

Well buddy , tell ya what , it makes me DAMNED uncomfortable that our AMA has chosen to associate with a group that makes me and others here feel excluded just because of the color of our skin ! Sure , such groups do exist , but our AMA should not condone any group with such an exclusionary name , even if their fine print prattles on some "all are welcome" nonsense . If all WERE welcome , the name BLACK wouldn't be in the name in the first place !
Old 12-04-2015, 11:39 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

They don't have to have that "work around", but it does make them more acceptable to the public. BTW there would be more white members than you might think. There are more than a few white members of the NAACP.

BTW the NAACP was founded by white people.
Sport, if you were to form the Caucasian Aerospace Engineers Society you would have to hire a booking agent to keep up with all the media outlets anxious to invite you onto their shows so that they could call you a racist in public. You could explain that you are open to all races and it would do you no good. You would find yourself excommunicated by the entire aerospace community and unable to find a job.
You'd have people publishing your address, your parent's address and there would be death threats..

If you doubt this is the way it would play out, I dare you to give it a legitimate try.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:32 PM
Sport_Pilot

Sport, if you were to form the Caucasian Aerospace Engineers Society you would have to hire a booking agent to keep up with all the media outlets anxious to invite you onto their shows so that they could call you a racist in public. You could explain that you are open to all races and it would do you no good. You would find yourself excommunicated by the entire aerospace community and unable to find a job.
You'd have people publishing your address, your parent's address and there would be death threats..

If you doubt this is the way it would play out, I dare you to give it a legitimate try.
That may be but they cannot do anything to you legally. Like when the same thing happened to the Augusta Golf Club and someone sued them because they don't allow women. Well they won their suit, then about a decade later allowed two women members one is Condoleezza Rice,
Old 12-04-2015, 12:34 PM
Sport_Pilot

Come on Sport , CP answered your question one page back .

Tell me Sport , are ya White ?

If yes , does the word Black in the OBAP's name make ya feel welcome ?

Well buddy , tell ya what , it makes me DAMNED uncomfortable that our AMA has chosen to associate with a group that makes me and others here feel excluded just because of the color of our skin ! Sure , such groups do exist , but our AMA should not condone any group with such an exclusionary name , even if their fine print prattles on some "all are welcome" nonsense . If all WERE welcome , the name BLACK wouldn't be in the name in the first place !
No, it doesn't make me uncomfortable because that is one area that has a low number of blacks. I think it says a lot about you that your are uncomfortable.
Old 12-04-2015, 12:55 PM
init4fun

I think it says a lot about you that your are uncomfortable.

Ah , the not so veiled insult , Well I think it says a lot about you that you would say that to me , see how this works ?

Still think the AMA would (or should) sign with the white only flyer's club ?

Then there really isn't much more to discuss here . Your fine with racially discriminating clubs getting the AMA pat on the back and I'm not .

Next !
Old 12-04-2015, 01:15 PM
combatpigg

Ah , the not so veiled insult , Well I think it says a lot about you that you would say that to me , see how this works ?

Then there really isn't much more to discuss here . Your fine with racially discriminating clubs getting the AMA pat on the back and I'm not .

Next !
The first step is to get the person to acknowledge that a double standard exists.
After illustrating examples of the double standard for them..If they STILL will not admit it, or WILL admit but not seem to care, then you might as well not spend any more time with them.
Old 12-04-2015, 03:25 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

And to think, I still learn things from these entertaining threads
Old 12-04-2015, 06:53 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

This "entertaining thread" has lost one of it's entertainers. I won't be back in this one. You can only be flamed so many times before having had enough and I've reached my limit and then some
Old 12-04-2015, 08:08 PM
combatpigg

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
This "entertaining thread" has lost one of it's entertainers. I won't be back in this one. You can only be flamed so many times before having had enough and I've reached my limit and then some
You stated your case very well with real world experience and good, sound logic.
Old 12-05-2015, 06:35 AM
Sport_Pilot

Next !
It is not a white club anyone can join. Yes the AMA would accept say an Irish or Italian club if such actually existed and allowed others to join. It is only this way because other ethnic groups do not see a need..
Old 12-05-2015, 07:56 AM
AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
My Feedback: (180)

Putting a race or ethnicity in the title of a group or organization by definition excludes others whether or not they claim to allow others. It's not that hard to understand.
Old 12-05-2015, 09:41 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by AllTheGoodNamesAreTaken
Putting a race or ethnicity in the title of a group or organization by definition excludes others whether or not they claim to allow others. It's not that hard to understand.
I disagree but even if so that is not racism.
Old 12-05-2015, 12:18 PM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

I disagree but even if so that is not racism.
Certainly not racism by definition, yet it does indicate separation or exclusion by color which is bound to cause issues.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:05 PM
init4fun

Originally Posted by Luchnia
Certainly not racism by definition, yet it does indicate separation or exclusion by color which is bound to cause issues.
A Pilot's seat knows not the color or gender of it's occupant , aviation is truly "colorblind" .

Which , of course , leads me to wonder , WHY then did the OBAP choose to inject race into a historically colorblind endeavor ?

The AMA embraced a discriminatory group . The minute Black was put in the name , it became about race , and exclusion by race most certainly IS one of the textbook examples of racism !
Old 12-05-2015, 08:25 PM
My Feedback: (1)

A Pilot's seat knows not the color or gender of it's occupant , aviation is truly "colorblind" .

Which , of course , leads me to wonder , WHY then did the OBAP choose to inject race into a historically colorblind endeavor ?

The AMA embraced a discriminatory group . The minute Black was put in the name , it became about race , and exclusion by race most certainly IS one of the textbook examples of racism !
I guess we might as well sweep the whole
Tusceegee Airmen thing under the rug, now.
No reason to celebrate those guys anymore.
That'd be racist.
Old 12-05-2015, 08:52 PM
init4fun

Originally Posted by 804
I guess we might as well sweep the whole
Tusceegee Airmen thing under the rug, now.
No reason to celebrate those guys anymore.
That'd be racist.
Great point , DO we have segregated squadrons of fighter pilots in today's military ?

OF COURSE NOT !

And why ? Might you ask ?

Because the very segregation that PRODUCED the Tusceegee Airmen WAS just as racist as the segregation that produced the "Negro Leagues" in Baseball . These examples of white against black racism were relegated to the history books and rightly so !

Since we have no "Black Squadrons" or "Negro Leagues" anymore , white against black racism sure seems on the decline to me .

So now try to explain just how exactly the OBAP fits into today's supposedly "striving for racial equality" world ?
Old 12-05-2015, 09:20 PM
init4fun

Just added a poll to the thread , vote early & often ........
Old 12-05-2015, 09:35 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Great point , DO we have segregated squadrons of fighter pilots in today's military ?

OF COURSE NOT !

And why ? Might you ask ?

Because the very segregation that PRODUCED the Tusceegee Airmen WAS just as racist as the segregation that produced the "Negro Leagues" in Baseball . These examples of white against black racism were relegated to the history books and rightly so !

Since we have no "Black Squadrons" or "Negro Leagues" anymore , white against black racism sure seems on the decline to me .

So now try to explain just how exactly the OBAP fits into today's supposedly "striving for racial equality" world ?
OBAP, Tusceegee, Black Expo, etc. all celebrate
achievement not thought possible or allowed for generations, even though
law was in place to even the playing field.
Your version of equality is to "act white", like being black is something to be ashamed of.
IMO, they strive to preserve and celebrate black culture and
history and be equal under the law to anyone else.
There is a huge difference between forced segregation at the hands
of your captors, and enjoying being with your own folks once in a while.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.