Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

" NO RADIO CONTROLLED " of any type to be allowed in Albany Country, NY

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

" NO RADIO CONTROLLED " of any type to be allowed in Albany Country, NY

Search this Thread

Old 12-06-2015, 08:13 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Honestly , Hound , there is no need to fear banishment . I am most certainly NOT anyone who embraces "PC" culture , but a proper sense of fairness goes a long way in understanding where certain folks are coming from here . In 804's case , we have a guy who is perfectly fine with Black folks excluding whites , via groups like the OBAP , but sees the confedarate flag as racist against blacks ? In other words , only white folks can be racist (the flag) but when blacks form exclusive black only groups (the OBAP) that isn't racism against whites . Well too bad for him , racism DOES cut BOTH ways and only someone with blinders on , or with an agenda of nothing but recreational arguing , can't see that . I have told both 804 and his cohorts in my thread that I'm done answering their politician inspired doublespeak and I truly mean it , I have nothing more to say to folks so intentionally obtuse ......
Old 12-06-2015, 10:48 AM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

We get what we vote for, and as long as we keep voting for people that want to regulate everything because they promise free stuff we will continue to lose freedoms.
Old 12-06-2015, 10:51 AM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by ChrisB1
Forgive my ignorance, but given the unfortunately frequent events that seem to occur across the USA, shouldn't the US lawmakers be focusing on banning things other than flying machines, or am I missing something?
That will just make it worse. So no, that kind of ignorance cannot be forgiven. Banning civil rights never turns out good for anyone. A study of 1930's Germany will show why your focus on "banning things other than flying machines" is a terrible idea.
Old 12-06-2015, 12:56 PM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by init4fun
Honestly , Hound , there is no need to fear banishment . I am most certainly NOT anyone who embraces "PC" culture , but a proper sense of fairness goes a long way in understanding where certain folks are coming from here . In 804's case , we have a guy who is perfectly fine with Black folks excluding whites , via groups like the OBAP , but sees the confedarate flag as racist against blacks ? In other words , only white folks can be racist (the flag) but when blacks form exclusive black only groups (the OBAP) that isn't racism against whites . Well too bad for him , racism DOES cut BOTH ways and only someone with blinders on , or with an agenda of nothing but recreational arguing , can't see that . I have told both 804 and his cohorts in my thread that I'm done answering their politician inspired doublespeak and I truly mean it , I have nothing more to say to folks so intentionally obtuse .....]
I agree Ab-sooo-Lut-ly I was more on the rant of those that say the only reason to pay the AMA is cause they need the AMA to fly at the Local AMA Field ...There is so much more than flying to this Hobby Sport. With a half million people flying some Form of EC today and only 180 thousands in the AMA it should be no problem to find where the other 320 thousand (Soon to be 1,320,000) fly and f;y with them if One dislikes the AMA does or charges.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:30 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Honestly , Hound , there is no need to fear banishment . I am most certainly NOT anyone who embraces "PC" culture , but a proper sense of fairness goes a long way in understanding where certain folks are coming from here . In 804's case , we have a guy who is perfectly fine with Black folks excluding whites , via groups like the OBAP , but sees the confedarate flag as racist against blacks ? In other words , only white folks can be racist (the flag) but when blacks form exclusive black only groups (the OBAP) that isn't racism against whites . Well too bad for him , racism DOES cut BOTH ways and only someone with blinders on , or with an agenda of nothing but recreational arguing , can't see that . I have told both 804 and his cohorts in my thread that I'm done answering their politician inspired doublespeak and I truly mean it , I have nothing more to say to folks so intentionally obtuse ......
It's ok, init.
I can't expect a man of your intellect
to understand.
Old 12-06-2015, 01:40 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Actually, I agree with Init4fun in this case. When an organization specifically names a race in it's name, black in this case, it's racist per the definition of the term. When Congress outlawed the Confederate flag, it was deemed to be racist due to slavery in our nation's past. As said, if one's not racist, the other can't be either. Therefore, I tend to think it's you and your limited intellect that doesn't understand
Old 12-06-2015, 02:13 PM
HoundDog

It's ok, init.
I can't expect a man of your intellect
to understand.

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
Actually, I agree with Init4fun in this case. When an organization specifically names a race in it's name, black in this case, it's racist per the definition of the term. When Congress outlawed the Confederate flag, it was deemed to be racist due to slavery in our nation's past. As said, if one's not racist, the other can't be either. Therefore, I tend to think it's you and your limited intellect that doesn't understand
What the H E double hockey sticks does any of this got to do with " NO RADIO CONTROLLED " or any of the other forums we all are discussing about what the FAA might do or may not even do anything at all. What does it even have to do with the AMA or got to do with Black anyhing or the Confederate Flag. Witch no one alive today ever come close to fighting for against it or what it supposedly stood for. The Civil War and Slavery has been over for 151+ years so it has no place in these discussions or any place in American society. It was all decided 151 years ago and the Americans won and lost.
I suggest we all go back to DISCUSTING Dialogue about the FAA/AMA/CBO/ or how cheap we are cause we don't want to pay an extra couple of bucks to promote the Hobby/Sport and leave PC and any Politics some place else.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:40 PM
cj_rumley

Originally Posted by HoundDog

What the H E double hockey sticks does any of this got to do with " NO RADIO CONTROLLED " or any of the other forums we all are discussing about what the FAA might do or may not even do anything at all. What does it even have to do with the AMA or got to do with Black anyhing or the Confederate Flag. Witch no one alive today ever come close to fighting for against it or what it supposedly stood for. The Civil War and Slavery has been over for 151+ years so it has no place in these discussions or any place in American society. It was all decided 151 years ago and the Americans won and lost.
I suggest we all go back to DISCUSTING Dialogue about the FAA/AMA/CBO/ or how cheap we are cause we don't want to pay an extra couple of bucks to promote the Hobby/Sport and leave PC and any Politics some place else.
Hound,

I should be in agreement with you as I don't like off-topic diversions in general.

I thought about that before replying to Granpooba in response to a comment he made about the Confederate flag. Note that he is the OP in the thread, and so IMHO the guy that has the say as to what the topic is/isn't. It is a drift from the central topic that most readers are interested in though(presumed, that's why they opened the thread), and that should carry more weight. My bad for replying and contributing to that drift, and hopefully it will return to discussion relevant to the Subject line.
Old 12-06-2015, 02:59 PM
HoundDog

Tomorrow 7 Dec. 2015 AT 7:55 am HST it will be the first
27,028 days that will "Live in Infamy".
Calculate duration between two dates – results

From and including: Sunday, December 7, 1941
To, but not including Monday, December 7, 2015
Result: 27,028 days

It is 27,028 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date
Or 74 years excluding the end date

Alternative time units

27,028 days can be converted to one of these units:
  • 2,335,219,200 seconds
  • 38,920,320 minutes
  • 648,672 hours
  • 27,028 days
  • 3861 weeks and 1 day
  • 7404.93% of a common year (365 days)

Last edited by HoundDog; 12-06-2015 at 03:02 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 03:14 PM
cj_rumley

Tomorrow 7 Dec. 2015 AT 7:55 am HST it will be the first
27,028 days that will "Live in Infamy".
Calculate duration between two dates – results

From and including: Sunday, December 7, 1941
To, but not including Monday, December 7, 2015
Result: 27,028 days

It is 27,028 days from the start date to the end date, but not including the end date
Or 74 years excluding the end date

Alternative time units

27,028 days can be converted to one of these units:
  • 2,335,219,200 seconds
  • 38,920,320 minutes
  • 648,672 hours
  • 27,028 days
  • 3861 weeks and 1 day
  • 7404.93% of a common year (365 days)

After your last post in the thread you want to bring the Japanese into it?????
Old 12-06-2015, 04:32 PM
warningshot

All the more reason to Educate the Public & Drone Flyers and as a last resort allow RC flying only at designated R/C Flying sites. These sites could be labeled by the FAA as Alert Areas and charted on Aeronautical sectionals (Airplane Maps).
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/111522/

The AIM's definition of an Alert Area:
------------------------------------------------------------
3-4-6. Alert Areas

Alert areas are depicted on aeronautical charts to inform nonparticipating pilots of areas that may contain a high volume of pilot training or an unusual type of aerial activity. Pilots should be particularly alert when flying in these areas. All activity within an alert area shall be conducted in accordance with CFRs, without waiver, and pilots of participating aircraft as well as pilots transiting the area shall be equally responsible for collision avoidance.
Who will designate these flying areas?

Last edited by warningshot; 12-06-2015 at 04:45 PM.
Old 12-06-2015, 04:54 PM

You are clearly confused.
I have never made any comparison between the black pilots group and the confederate flag, here or
inany other thread.
Init accuses me of saying there is no black against white
racism. I have never said that, here, nor anywhere else.
He also claims that I said I am perfectly fine with OBAP
excluding whites. They don't, and I never said it.
He also attributes to me the notion that only whites can be racist.
Never have said that either.
So , in essence, you sir are agreeing with
a liar.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:08 PM
HoundDog

All the more reason to Educate the Public & Drone Flyers and as a last resort allow RC flying only at designated R/C Flying sites. These sites could be labeled by the FAA as Alert Areas and charted on Aeronautical sectionals (Airplane Maps).
http://www.airliners.net/aviation-fo...d.main/111522/

The AIM's definition of an Alert Area:
------------------------------------------------------------
3-4-6. Alert Areas

Alert areas are depicted on aeronautical charts to inform nonparticipating pilots of areas that may contain a high volume of pilot training or an unusual type of aerial activity. Pilots should be particularly alert when flying in these areas. All activity within an alert area shall be conducted in accordance with CFRs, without waiver, and pilots of participating aircraft as well as pilots transiting the area shall be equally responsible for collision avoidance.

Originally Posted by warningshot
Who will designate these flying areas?
The will be designated by whom ever approves any Alert area. By description all AMA fields meet the criteria of an alert area.
Old 12-06-2015, 06:58 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 804
Well, don't know for sure but it may
be that the confederate flag might be as offensive
to blacks as the swastika is to jews.
Removing either from public display,
especially gov't and public property, other
than museums perhaps, is
not erasing history. It is a gesture of
respect.
How is removing from display the Confederate Flag a gesture of respect ? Are you saying that all of the men and women who fought and died for the Southern States of America do not deserve any respect ? You also must be saying that if the South won the war and if the Confederate Flag was now our countries flag, then the Stars & Stripes should not be flown either ? Whether our citizens fought for the North or the South, they were all fighting for what they considered to be their country and all deserve our respect !!!

The Civil War was one of this countries saddest times and until my dying day I will respect all of those who fell. If my memory serves me correctly, one side was fighting for the Southern States of AMERICA and the other was fighting for the Northern States of AMERICA !
Old 12-06-2015, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by Granpooba
How is removing from display the Confederate Flag a gesture of respect ? Are you saying that all of the men and women who fought and died for the Southern States of America do not deserve any respect ? You also must be saying that if the South won the war and if the Confederate Flag was now our countries flag, then the Stars & Stripes should not be flown either ? Whether our citizens fought for the North or the South, they were all fighting for what they considered to be their country and all deserve our respect !!!

The Civil War was one of this countries saddest times and until my dying day I will respect all of those who fell. If my memory serves me correctly, one side was fighting for the Southern States of AMERICA and the other was fighting for the Northern States of AMERICA !
Well Granpooba, at least thanks for disagreeing with me in a respectful manner, unlike some
others around here.
First, no, I am not saying that if the South
had won, that the Stars and Stripes would be a disgrace.
I have absolutely no idea how you came up with that.
I have re-read my post and simply don't know how
to better explain my position. It stands as is.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:16 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
After your last post in the thread you want to bring the Japanese into it?????
I just made a reference to the significance of Dec 7th.the day of infamy ... But then the Liberal Courts might want to do away with the Rising Sun Flag along with the Stars and Bars and the Cross.
Old 12-06-2015, 08:56 PM
grasshoper

the small town of celina ohio city council voted no flying any where in the city limits but when the resident of this small town read in the local paper what council did the phones of the council member's started ringing off the wall they caught so much flack at the next meeting they amended it and will start over in Jan of 2016
Old 12-07-2015, 04:20 AM

I just made a reference to the significance of Dec 7th.the day of infamy ... But then the Liberal Courts might want to do away with the Rising Sun Flag along with the Stars and Bars and the Cross.
I doubt any courts
will do away with any flag waving
just because a Houndog made a reference
on RCU.
You may continue flag waving.
Old 12-07-2015, 04:54 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by 804
You are clearly confused.
I have never made any comparison between the black pilots group and the confederate flag, here or
inany other thread.
Init accuses me of saying there is no black against white
racism. I have never said that, here, nor anywhere else.
He also claims that I said I am perfectly fine with OBAP
excluding whites. They don't, and I never said it.
He also attributes to me the notion that only whites can be racist.
Never have said that either.
So , in essence, you sir are agreeing with
a liar.

Hey Hydro ,

Now you see how racists like 804 really operate ! He puts word's in other's mouths , while accusing them of doing the same to him , and calls them Liars afterward . Nice guy to be attempting to have an intelligent conversation with , huh ? He thinks by calling folks liars & such it makes his position stronger when all it does is prove for all to see why I have terminated any and all communication with him . Racists do not and will not ever change , they walk among us in every one of life's endeavors : Work , Church , and yes even hobbies like flying RC airplanes are all plagued by them . Some hide it well , others not so much . Anyway , as has been mentioned earlier , the confederate flag thing did drag this thread off topic and I would have not responded except to call out the obvious BS of our resident racist Mr. 804 . Now that the confederate flag thing has been addressed I too hope this thread can get back on topic .
Old 12-07-2015, 05:00 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

I look at it this way. I won't be doing any flying in Albany County NY any time in the near future so it just doesn't really matter to me. As long as boats are left unaffected, which is very likely, it's all good
Old 12-07-2015, 05:03 AM
init4fun

I look at it this way. I won't be doing any flying in Albany County NY any time in the near future so it just doesn't really matter to me. As long as boats are left unaffected, which is very likely, it's all good
I think your right , It will take one heck of a long time before model boats are seen as any kind of threat .
Old 12-07-2015, 06:54 AM
Sport_Pilot

Yet the Georgia State flag is the Confederate flag. Not sure how they got away with that. Except they don't understand that the old Battle Flag of Virginia is not the Confederate flag.
Old 12-07-2015, 07:03 AM
grasshoper

FAA Model Aircraft OPERATIONS:The statutory parameters of a model aircraft operation are outlined in Section 336 of Public Law 112-95 (the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012) (PDF). Individuals who fly within the scope of these parameters do not require permission to operate their UAS; any flight outside these parameters (including any non-hobby, non-recreational operation) requires FAA authorization. For example, using a UAS to take photos for your personal use is recreational; using the same device to take photographs or videos for compensation or sale to another individual would be considered a non-recreational operation.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:12 AM
JimDrew
My Feedback: (16)

According to the FAA, section 336/112-95 is going to change, either before Christmas or shortly after the first of the year.

What we can do to make that change in our favor is pretty simple by just defining what a "drone" is. We need to clarify that the definition of a "drone" is any aircraft that has any type of control system in addition to a manual control system operated by a human pilot within unaided visual range. This means that the use of FPV and/or GPS guidance systems would make the aircraft a "drone". An aircraft operated by a pilot with a normal line of sight, manual control, would be a "model aircraft". The AMA really needs to get on board with this terminology, and distance themselves from FPV/GPS systems for our models. Let the "drone" community start their own sanctioning body like the AMA.
Old 12-07-2015, 10:19 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by grasshoper
FAA Model Aircraft OPERATIONS:The statutory parameters of a model aircraft operation are outlined in Section 336 of Public Law 112-95 (the FAA Modernization and Reform Act of 2012) (PDF). Individuals who fly within the scope of these parameters do not require permission to operate their UAS; any flight outside these parameters (including any non-hobby, non-recreational operation) requires FAA authorization. For example, using a UAS to take photos for your personal use is recreational; using the same device to take photographs or videos for compensation or sale to another individual would be considered a non-recreational operation.
So? The FAA is not involved here, it is a County ordinance. As far as I know the referenced law does not stop states, counties or municipalities from restricting hobby operations..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.