AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Its time to get mad and even!

Old 12-15-2015, 06:25 AM
FlyerInOKC
My Feedback: (6)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Angry Its time to get mad and even!

I sent my senator requesting he challenge the FAA on these new regulations which obviously ignore Senate bill No. 223 Amendment 86. This is nothing more than a FAA tax on model aircraft, it is no coincidence that it goes in effect on short notice just before Christmas when so many R/C toys are sold. The FAA is just looking to line their pockets with our dollars without doing anything real for public safety and security. Google your US Senator's name and they have an easy form to fill out to contact him. Send a letter like I did nothing males the FAA take notice like being called on the carpet and being accused of ignoring the guys in Congress controlling their money supply. My letter:

Dear Senator Inhofe,

First of all thank you for your support in the past you have been a blessing. Back in 2/2011 you got Senate Bill No. 223 with Senate Amendment 86 excepting model aircraft used for recreational purposes from FAA registration. This week the FAA ignored recommendation from the Academy of Model Aeronautics, ignored the law and the will of Congress and thumbed their nose at your bill. The FAA has called for registration of model aircraft under 55 lbs. to be registered starting 12/21/2015. I know it was your intent to prevent this and I would ask you to call those responsible on the carpet before Congress and demand they rescind this unnecessary intrusion into this long time recreational sport. There is nothing in these rules that will in any way improve public safety or security. It is a shameless power grab and a way of creating a new tax to line the FAA coffers.

Thank you,