Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Comments sent to FAA !

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Comments sent to FAA !

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2015, 03:16 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Comments sent to FAA !

Have sent others, but this was the latest comment that I sent to the FAA. Wondering if anybody else has done the same ?

As a member of the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA), I am disappointed with the new rule for UAS registration. I am a long time model aircraft flyer, who has operated under the guidance of the largest community-based organization (CBO) in the world for many years.

I already know and have heard of many people receiving or giving drones / multi rotor copters as gifts and they have stated that they have no intentions to register with the FAA. I am sure that these Drones will be flown in every area except an AMA club flying field.

I am and have been a member of the AMA for so many years that I can not even remember when I first joined and they have all of my personal information.

I already have an AMA number, Social Security number, United States Air Force serial number, FAA issued Airline Transport Rating Pilots number, New York State Firearms permit number and various other numbers. Now, you are telling me that I have to register with the FAA and get a number to continue in a hobby that I have been involved in since the age of eight, with no accidents, violations or incidents and I am now 72 years old.

It seems totally ridiculous to me for the government to even consider this action which puts an undue burden on their law abiding citizens. Especially when other citizens have no intention what so ever to comply with a registration. These people that do not intend to register are just laughing at YOU and stating, how much more silly / ridiculous can our government get ?

YES !! Being a law abiding citizen, having defended our country and want to continue to take part in a hobby as I have for most of my life, I do intend to register with the FAA.

But, I do think and know that their will still be many more unregistered drones in this country than their will be law abiding AMA hobbyists.

I just do not know why the FAA could not have requested that I place either my AMA number on my models, or even have requested that I place my FAA Pilots Rating number on my models.

Finally, having had and retired from a career in aviation both I know and you the FAA know that their is no way possible to even enforce this new FAA law.
Old 12-28-2015, 04:21 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Granpooba
Have sent others, but this was the latest comment that I sent to the FAA. Wondering if anybody else has done the same ?

As a member of the Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA), I am disappointed with the new rule for UAS registration. I am a long time model aircraft flyer, who has operated under the guidance of the largest community-based organization (CBO) in the world for many years.

I already know and have heard of many people receiving or giving drones / multi rotor copters as gifts and they have stated that they have no intentions to register with the FAA. I am sure that these Drones will be flown in every area except an AMA club flying field.

I am and have been a member of the AMA for so many years that I can not even remember when I first joined and they have all of my personal information.

I already have an AMA number, Social Security number, United States Air Force serial number, FAA issued Airline Transport Rating Pilots number, New York State Firearms permit number and various other numbers. Now, you are telling me that I have to register with the FAA and get a number to continue in a hobby that I have been involved in since the age of eight, with no accidents, violations or incidents and I am now 72 years old.

It seems totally ridiculous to me for the government to even consider this action which puts an undue burden on their law abiding citizens. Especially when other citizens have no intention what so ever to comply with a registration. These people that do not intend to register are just laughing at YOU and stating, how much more silly / ridiculous can our government get ?

YES !! Being a law abiding citizen, having defended our country and want to continue to take part in a hobby as I have for most of my life, I do intend to register with the FAA.

But, I do think and know that their will still be many more unregistered drones in this country than their will be law abiding AMA hobbyists.

I just do not know why the FAA could not have requested that I place either my AMA number on my models, or even have requested that I place my FAA Pilots Rating number on my models.

Finally, having had and retired from a career in aviation both I know and you the FAA know that their is no way possible to even enforce this new FAA law.
Very nice letter..!
I doubt many of the 30 some odd year olds who were raised watching Sesame Street and pounding down those Happy Meals in front of the Olde Picture Tube have the attention span to read the whole thing in one sitting though....LOL.
Old 12-28-2015, 05:24 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by combatpigg
Very nice letter..!
I doubt many of the 30 some odd year olds who were raised watching Sesame Street and pounding down those Happy Meals in front of the Olde Picture Tube have the attention span to read the whole thing in one sitting though....LOL.
Yes, I will definitely agree with you as their are definitely generation gaps happening in the USA.

As a Senior citizen I don't mind trying to help the younger generations with our model airplane hobby. But, first I have to figure out how to get their faces unglued from their IPHONES.