Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

FAA Registration Poll

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.
View Poll Results: Re: FAA Registration
I have already registered
29.76%
I will register very soon
3.57%
I'm waiting to hear from the AMA
58.33%
I will not register
8.33%
Voters: 84. You may not vote on this poll

FAA Registration Poll

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2016, 09:20 AM
jelge

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There are a handful of us who fly at the local airport. It is uncontrolled with very few active aircraft so avoiding conflicts is easy.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:23 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jelge
There are a handful of us who fly at the local airport. It is uncontrolled with very few active aircraft so avoiding conflicts is easy.
Nice...the folks at the airport are on board with this I presume? No shortage of runway space for ya!
Old 01-08-2016, 09:29 AM
jelge

We ARE the folks at the airport . Every one of us is an FAA certified pilot or at least an ultra light pilot.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:54 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by jelge
We ARE the folks at the airport . Every one of us is an FAA certified pilot or at least an ultra light pilot.
Holy cow...what a deal!!!! All kinds big boy toys. That is great.
Old 01-08-2016, 02:26 PM
scottrc

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts

I am also waiting, not for the AMA, but for a Judge with some common sense to throw this regulation out. It is not right to have to adhere to a process that says one thing and means another. We are NOT registering Aircraft, we are registering OWNERS. Big difference and not covered under the current law no matter how the FAA administration tries to spin it.

I fly at an uncontrolled airport. It has been legal for years by setting up a use agreement between the FBO manager and the RC flyers. Most of us have been or are current GA pilots, so we know the regulations of right of way and approach and departure protocols. Those who don't get tutored and all must pass through the FBO manager before being allowed to fly. However, the new regs seem to now call to question if user agreements are still honored. If I have to call intent on a unicom, then what conditions am I now flying under? Do I fly under my current GA ticket or as a "UAS " pilot? How can I call intent without a N registration and squak? Too many open ended issues to put my name to this crap sandwich the FAA handed us. Our FBO manager is even more upset, for at present, he is restricting all flying until he understands exactly how much risk he is putting his job and the airport on the line by continuing our current agreement.
Old 01-09-2016, 05:37 AM
Todd D
My Feedback: (51)

A data point

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/2...lWf15ZANc1n6ug
Old 01-09-2016, 06:39 AM
jmiles1941

The FAA's response: “The FAA disagrees with the comments asserting that the registration of model aircraft is prohibited by section 336 of Public Law 112-95. While section 336 bars the FAA from promulgating new rules or regulations that apply only to model aircraft, the prohibition against future rulemaking is not a complete bar on rulemaking and does not exempt model aircraft from complying with existing statutory and regulatory requirements. As previously addressed, Public Law 112-95 identifies model aircraft as aircraft and as such, the existing statutory aircraft registration requirements implemented by part 47 apply.
This action simply provides a burden-relieving alternative that sUAS owners may use for aircraft registration. Model aircraft operated under section 336 as well as other small unmanned aircraft are not required to use the provisions of part 48. Owners of such aircraft have the option to comply with the existing requirements in part 47 that govern aircraft registration or may opt to use the new streamlined, web-based system in part 48.”