Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

FAA Sued In Federal Court Over Drone Registration Rules

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

FAA Sued In Federal Court Over Drone Registration Rules

Old 01-07-2016, 07:42 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Far be it for you to contradict for contradictions sake....

Well, that's my opinion based on his posts.......you can qualify his posts and arrive at your opinion as well, or look at mine and arrive at a conclusion, it's all good either way.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:46 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by TFF
What makes registering wrong in the normal world of the FAA is this, to have an FAA license you have to be tested and pass. It is a license to do under FAA rules; fly, mechanic, pack parachutes, whatever. This is a head count; this is being singled out. There is no other reason. Head counts in history have not been favorable to the counted.
Times and technology change, and safety and security measures do as well. 10 years ago the ability to fly a MR or airplane 30 miles away with a load capacity of several pounds wasn't there. Now it is. And again, lets not forget that commercial applications that the feds have to deal with now...do you really want Amazon and Walmart and Google to have thousands of little critters flitting around the national airspace with no checks and balances? this isn't just about our hobby.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:46 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83

Well, that's my opinion based on his posts.......you can qualify his posts and arrive at your opinion as well, or look at mine and arrive at a conclusion, it's all good either way.
Marvelous piece of arrogance.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:47 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rgburrill
OMG, would you stop with all the AMA crap! We are all getting sick of it.
You can use the ignore feature at any time.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:51 AM
porcia83
Banned

Default I apologize

Originally Posted by TheEdge
Marvelous piece of arrogance.
This isn't actually funny in retrospect. I'm going to refrain from posting that gif although it is meant with humor. At the end of the day I don't want to play a part in what is clearly a degenerative process. The mental health and well being of folks is far more important than a joke or two.

Last edited by porcia83; 01-07-2016 at 08:17 AM.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:53 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
You can use the ignore feature at any time.
Nope..won't do it. Easier to make their comments rather than use the tools available to them, or better yet exercise some self control. Heck, some even get so caught up in it that they create an actual job for themselves following people around telling them how to act. Adults...these are adults.
Old 01-07-2016, 08:00 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by franklin_m
I spoke personally on the phone with the AMA's site development head and he told me point blank "You can submit a request, but it will be denied."

The fact remains, you never submitted an application.

Now maybe you're in the business of wasting time, I am not.

Then why are you posting here?

Maybe you have the time to waste on efforts that are clearly not going to bear fruit, I do not. One of the key things of leading large organizations that I learned is knowing when to cut your losses.

I didn't think your club was a large organization. Perhaps that's why it failed? Inability to adapt (scale up/down) to the needs and requirements of the project/task at hand has its consequences. Good leaders are able to put things in perspective.

I spoke with the head AMA guy on the issue and he told me it was a non starter. I decided it was not worth further effort on that line of strategy, so I cut my losses.

Still not sure what losses you cut. When I looked it the flying site grant application was maybe 10-12 questions if that. It couldn't possibly have taken more than an hour or so to complete. Certainly much less time than you've spent berating the AMA in any given week on these forums.

If you want to continue working an issue after you've been denied, go ahead. I just value my time more than that.

Good leadership never gives up after the first try. That's how they got into leadership positions in the first place.
Old 01-07-2016, 08:12 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by rgburrill
By law ALL aircraft must be registered, not all pilots. Some pilots, yes, but not all. The FAA, at the request of the AMA and others decided that many, if not most, model aircraft fliers had multiple airplanes but, in general, could only fly one at a time. Therefore, to make it easier and cheaper on those fliers the FAA chose to require only one registration that would be applied to all the aircraft the flier had. That is still registration of one or more aircraft, not a person.
And to repeat for the umteenth time, this is NOT a new law, it is merely enforcing an old one that used to be ignored.
You mean like they are now ignoring footballs and bullets?
Old 01-07-2016, 08:18 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83

Very well then .....

Just remember , it's very difficult to speak up when folks call you things like "AMA Cheerleader" when you , yourself , are calling folks "Anti AMA" .

PS , the REAL "Anti AMA" folks are the ones who don't belong to the organization , but criticize it anyway
Old 01-07-2016, 08:26 AM
porcia83
Banned

I have no issues with any names I'm called here, they ultimately mean nothing to me. I think I've gone out of my way to not put labels on groups of people, and I find the name calling pretty childish in general, but it's human nature. It's a safe assumption to look at one persons posts after a while and figure out what side of the fence they are on one way or another. It's not pejorative to say that I am overall satisfied with the AMA, nor is it a stretch to look at some of the comments by others and say they are anti- AMA when either 99% or all of their comments point in that direction.

It's not an argument...just a position. Nothing to get that worked up about,but I suspect we'll have another comment shortly from someone else on the issue.
Old 01-07-2016, 09:57 AM
f16man

Well when you come off like you do in every forum here you might get some of the rest a bit riled up, I do know you enjoy it . But what I can't figure out is why such a brilliant right winger on the other coast would want to be on line with us lesser children here, when you could cure the worlds problems elsewhere???????????????
Old 01-07-2016, 10:17 AM
porcia83
Banned

LoL.Off topic personal attack laced with political commentary too. Classic. Apparently there are a lot of things you can't figure out. Don't waste your time trying to figure it out though, it's not time well spent. You go and fly those big beautiful planes of yours in that open space you have, I'm jealous!
Old 01-07-2016, 10:34 AM
f16man

But what about the world problems BRO.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:37 AM
TJ EWING

P.83 As a casual observer of RCU threads it seems to me the last six sentences apply to you more than others. Your so blinded by your own delight in description of others to not recognize the mirrored image of your own actions.

Last edited by TJ EWING; 01-07-2016 at 10:56 AM. Reason: Redirected message.
Old 01-07-2016, 10:41 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by f16man
But what about the world problems BRO.
Now that's a good question. Where to start man, where to start! Good perspective though, considering what's going on in the world today our problems here seem rather insignificant no? Or is that too rightwingy?
Old 01-07-2016, 10:45 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by TJ EWING
As a casual observer of RCU threads it seems to me the last six sentences apply to you more than others. Your so blinded by your own delight in description of others to not recognize the mirrored image of your own actions.
Thanks for the deep thoughts....another in a long line that seem to have all the wisdom in the world shrunk down in a sentence or two. great analysis bro. What's with all the angst from folks out in CA? Aren't all you dudes super chill?
Old 01-07-2016, 10:55 AM
f16man

Ya dude we share the good $ht we smoke out here , Just thought I'd rattle the cage to see if the monkey bites ,,,, he does he does
Old 01-07-2016, 11:04 AM
porcia83
Banned

Ya dude we share the good $ht we smoke out here , Just thought I'd rattle the cage to see if the monkey bites ,,,, he does he does
one mans cage rattling is another mans trolling.......whatever works. Keep it mellow...

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	images.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	5.3 KB
ID:	2140175  
Old 01-07-2016, 11:08 AM
f16man

Always Always mellooooowwww
Old 01-07-2016, 11:09 AM
porcia83
Banned

Old 01-07-2016, 11:15 AM
TJ EWING

Now you've done it. He's gonnawanna share.
Old 01-07-2016, 11:24 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by TJ EWING
Now you've done it. He's gonnawanna share.
Let's all get into a big 'ol circle and get mellow...then sing songs and tell stories?

One time, at band camp....
Old 01-07-2016, 11:25 AM
f16man

Maybe if he did share he would be mellow too
Old 01-07-2016, 12:00 PM
cj_rumley

Yet another thread trashed by the Frick and Frack show. Good that in this instance it was started by one of them, though.
Old 01-07-2016, 12:05 PM
porcia83
Banned

Uh Oh, recess is out! Frick and frack is almost as good as lawn ornaments. Because your comments are always perfect. The hate is deep with you man...what gives?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.