Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Is FAA Saying It's OK For AMA Members To Lie On Drone Registration Form?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Is FAA Saying It's OK For AMA Members To Lie On Drone Registration Form?

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2016, 06:46 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Well , Forbes is off my reading list ......

When I click in Chris' link , I get nothing but a banner DEMANDING I turn off my Ad blocker and turn on cookie functionality !

Well , the data mining scumbags at Forbes are gonna have to drop their cookie trash on some other computer , cause I don't need Forbes nearly as bad as Forbes needs all of you to allow them free access to spam the Hell outta you and track your reading habits .

Gee , and I thought the National Enquirer was the epitome of tabloid trash ........
Originally Posted by TimJ
May I ask what make and model cell phone you own? Oh, and your cell service provider?
Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
Four posts in a row, get over it. Perhaps he was just trying to be helpful, but then came to his senses.
Yeppers , coulda been tryin to be helpful , , , OR , given my post that he quoted when he asked his unexplained question(s) , he coulda been preparing to post up some insult or attack , who knows ? The SHADOW knows !!! (and I'm pretty sure Tim does , too) .....

OOps !! Post #6 , Gee I hope poor poor Chris' head doesn't explode !

Old 01-14-2016, 06:56 PM
robert waldo
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Flying RC is not a right. It is a privilege. If you have enough money to hire a bloodsucker (lawyer) a Right can be protected in the courts. A privilege is argued in what's called the administrative process where the Government becomes the accuser, jury, judge and executer. The FAA proudly proclaims a 99% conviction rate. A rational person would be suspicious. Any GRAY areas or ambiguity's in rules or regulations (administration process) or laws (RIGHTS) are always ruled in favor of the administrator. They are intentional traps for people that watched to many John Wayne movies where the good guy always won. By the way the FAA doesn't collect the fines. The IRS does. Not hard to see where this is going.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:09 PM
init4fun

Better watch out Chris , I think post 7 may be sneaking up behind you .... Lucky 7 ! Woo Hoo !!!
Old 01-14-2016, 07:28 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Yeppers , coulda been tryin to be helpful , , , OR , given my post that he quoted when he asked his unexplained question(s) , he coulda been preparing to post up some insult or attack , who knows ? The SHADOW knows !!! (and I'm pretty sure Tim does , too) .....

OOps !! Post #6 , Gee I hope poor poor Chris' head doesn't explode !

Maybe he works for the NSA and just wanted to confirm he's monitoring the right phone.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:30 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Don't like my posts ? Don't forget that ignore setting , unless you need directions on how to use it ?
Check me posts, I'm here strictly for the entertainment value. You just can't make up the stuff folks post here.
Old 01-14-2016, 07:39 PM
init4fun

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
Maybe he works for the NSA and just wanted to confirm he's monitoring the right phone.
Could be . Or , could have been going to offer helpful tips on how to block cellphone cookies . Or , could have been going to attack my response . Or , who knows ? Only Tim knows (and of course , the Shadow knows , and maybe my magic 8 ball too !) , but he seems to have lost his appetite for questions here . Guess I'll have to try back later ....

Last edited by init4fun; 01-14-2016 at 07:43 PM.
Old 01-15-2016, 05:37 AM
mike1974

Hey , no problem , I kinda wish I you were right , since I'd rather not be limited to 400 feet . I just don't see the ambiguity in that sentence that you do and if you plant one in a jetliner's windshield at 1000 feet i'm sure the FAA's version is going to win over yours .

Hmm , I smell a good POLL question coming up !
See, this is where I have a problem and get confused. Who the hell is flying ANYWHERE where an airliner would be 1000' around where you fly? Are there actual flying fields where commercial jets are within 1000"????? I hope not!!
Old 01-15-2016, 05:42 AM
mike1974

Originally Posted by Top_Gunn
Sport likes to pretend he knows a lot about law. I've been a lawyer for 45 years, and I can say with some confidence that he doesn't. The most basic principle of legal interpretation is that language should not be interpreted to mean something utterly ridiculous. Sport's reading would have "I promise to fly under 400 feet" as meaning "my flights will include a portion that's under 400 feet, but I will also go higher than that." It's hard to imagine a more ridiculous interpretation than that, and it is inconceivable that the FAA could have meant to say that. Why would any sane person want to exact a "promise" that some part of your flight will take place at an altitude of less than 400 feet? This is literalism carried to an absurd extreme.

By the way, Sport: The law does not have "tenants." It has "tenets." If you want to pretend to be a lawyer, you should learn to spell everyday legal terms.
But isn't that exactly what the FAA is doing in regards to 336? Twisting and manipulating the actual intent of 336?
Old 01-15-2016, 07:45 AM
SkidMan
My Feedback: (17)

Didn't the FAA rep at the recent meeting say something about the guidelines being poorly worded? (I think I read something about that).

Let's all agree that it was poorly worded, at best. They could have just said, "I will not fly higher than 400 feet"

In any case, we can expect clarification to these muddy waters in the weeks to come.

It is hard to believe that the existing wording crossed so many desks and was thought to be adequate when they could have been perfectly clear.

One of my favorite Cicero quotes: "The art of good writing is not in making it possible to be understood, but in making it impossible to be misunderstood."
Old 01-15-2016, 08:02 AM
F-16 viperman

Originally Posted by mike1974
But isn't that exactly what the FAA is doing in regards to 336? Twisting and manipulating the actual intent of 336?
Yep, when Marke Gibson was asked "when did the FAA decide that all RC are considered aircraft?", The answer was "When the interpretation of the new rules were being done, and FAA has always regulated aircraft, so making rules regulating is nothing new". So that use of semantics is how They justify ignoring Section 336.For People believe that lady justice is blind consider this, for those of Us that don't have the right social or financial status, that B*TCH can see very clearly!

Last edited by F-16 viperman; 01-15-2016 at 08:06 AM.
Old 01-15-2016, 11:51 AM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Originally Posted by ira d
There will continue to be confusion with this issue until the FAA comes out and sets the record straight but for some reason they seem hesitant to do so.
Because the FAA is breaking the law with this action.