Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Never before have I ever seen anything like this

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Never before have I ever seen anything like this

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2016, 04:39 PM
stinky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Not sure that's a good idea ? FAA says to safe guard your number. Your only required to show registration to FAA personal. I'm thinking that's the reason why they say placed inside battery compartment, or inside of ACFT so long as no tools are required to access it. If someone takes your number for there own use and your number ends up on the white house lawn, let me know how that works out for you?
Originally Posted by Bill0
There is a club here on the left coast that requires you to wear, in plain sight , your AMA card AND your FAA reg. number, or you don't fly there.
Old 02-23-2016, 04:47 PM
stinky

You can make up any number you want. There currently isn't a available data base to check! The Reg/Law requires only to show proof to agents of the FAA when asked. Reason why you are to safe guard the number. By placing inside the ACFT. So long as no tools are nessarsary to read the number![QUOTE=JohnB96041;12171544]
Originally Posted by Bill0
There is a club here on the left coast that requires you to wear, in plain sight , your AMA card AND your FAA reg. number, or you don't fly there.[/QUOTE

I like the idea of wearing the AMA card and FAA reg number in plain sight. Now nobody will need to ask to see them.
Old 02-23-2016, 05:37 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

[QUOTE=stinky;12181187]You can make up any number you want. There currently isn't a available data base to check!

It will be available on-line in due time.

The Reg/Law requires only to show proof to agents of the FAA when asked.

A local club here is on private property and property owner requires it. No problem if you don't want to provide it to the owner, you just need to find another place to fly.

Reason why you are to safe guard the number. By placing inside the ACFT. So long as no tools are nessarsary to read the number!