Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Never before have I ever seen anything like this

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Never before have I ever seen anything like this

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2016, 09:28 AM
mattnew
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by fly24-7
Maybe my club's actions are premature, but I don't see how it's irresponsible. The way I see it, the registration concept is here to stay. It seems to be a matter of whether or not the FAA can be convinced to connect it to the AMA registration. If you think the courts will sort this out anytime soon, you're in a dream land. The whole idea that FAA overstepped 336 and therefore instituted an unconstitutional rule will take years to sort out. Without the courts issuing an injunction (which I see as highly unlikely since there would be difficulty proving anything more than inconvenience for modelers), the FAA has the control until the courts hear the case and issue a ruling.
maybe irresponsible isn't the right word. by-laws and membership rules aren't something that you can change at will as an officer, it has to be put forth to the membership, put in the newsletter, 1st/2nded, and then voted on by the membership in the club. They are difficult to change ( and for good reason ) .

It just seems to possibly have to go through that 3-4 times over the next year where none of it is required would seem to be not the right thing to do. Knowing our members they would not appreciate that, even if they are FAA registered...

.. I used to live in shrewsbury....
Old 02-04-2016, 09:44 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mattnew
maybe irresponsible isn't the right word. by-laws and membership rules aren't something that you can change at will as an officer, it has to be put forth to the membership, put in the newsletter, 1st/2nded, and then voted on by the membership in the club. They are difficult to change ( and for good reason ) .

It just seems to possibly have to go through that 3-4 times over the next year where none of it is required would seem to be not the right thing to do. Knowing our members they would not appreciate that, even if they are FAA registered...

Not sure you have to do all that. Why would you need a club by-law that says you have to follow the law? Do you have a club rule that says you're not allowed to assault a fellow member? We have laws for assault and battery.

Anyway AMA is supposed to have some updates on this soon. I'm have a feeling it will become part of the Safety Code as well.
Old 02-04-2016, 09:45 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
Registration numbers are not SPI.

Someone could just as easily do that with your license plate number or VIN was well.
Only LE can look up your license number. And that is considered PII or SPI. But even so they will be in the car when the cops pull them over, tags would have to look real, and VIN numbers engine serial number, etc would have to match. With a model or drone they would only have the registration number and no body in the plane to question.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:12 AM
HoundDog
My Feedback: (49)

Originally Posted by mike1974
I am not going to register becuase it is a gov't kneejerk overreach that accomplishes nothing. I might even go fly on 2-20-16 just for the fun of it.
Jump on an airplane to Phoenix Rent a car come out to Apache Junction and U can fly my planes for 3 introductory days FREE. The club starts charging 10 bucks a day after Your initial 3 times. After today and all next week and probably the following week the forecast is for perfectly clear shies, highs in the low 80's light winds. http://www.wunderground.com/weather-...:85120.1.99999

OH the board has decided they aren't going to enforce any FAA registration stuff only AMA SC. Incase if anyone is interested the AMA Arizona Model Aviators #1600 are sponsoring The Arizona Electric Festival see brochure below. the last week end in February the 26th thru 28th. Beats the heck out of winter in NY. Check Allegiant Airlines much cheaper and flies in much closer and far less congestion at Masa's AZ Williams Field. KIWA

Check us out:
http://azmodelaviators.com/ https://www.google.com/maps/@33.4428...!3m1!1e3?hl=en

[h=1]Arizona Electric Festival[/h]

Date: Feb 26th, 27th & 28th, 2016Event: Electric Model FlyingLocation: Superstition Air Park AEF 2016 FlyerArizona Electric Festival WebsiteContest Director: Shannon Gallagher602-510-3074 [email protected]t. Contest Director: Pat Gagnon480-628-3947 [email][email protected]
[h=3]On Line Event Registration[/h]
Parking Fee: $6 per car load (excluding registered Pilots and crew)Food: concession available Friday, Saturday and Sunday
Old 02-04-2016, 10:17 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Only LE can look up your license number. And that is considered PII or SPI. But even so they will be in the car when the cops pull them over, tags would have to look real, and VIN numbers engine serial number, etc would have to match. With a model or drone they would only have the registration number and no body in the plane to question.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:18 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Doggie, How much time left to register?
Old 02-04-2016, 10:23 AM
mattnew
My Feedback: (2)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

you are right.. you can ask for that... I don't agree with your statement about what happens if an unregistered member causes an accident. That has been answered in the FAQs, it is the pilot's responsibility.

It is messy though right, in some ways your damned if you do, damned if you don't, and in many ways I get the confusion and concern.

example case in point:
As an AMA club you have to have a guest rule, you have to allow someone with AMA membership access to your field if they ask for it. Most fields say you can come 3 times as a guest then you need to apply to become a member.

Well... how does this work if your guest doesn't have FAA registration? If you say "sorry no..", now you aren't following AMA rules and subject to losing your AMA club recognition, if you say yes now you are letting outsiders jump through less hoops than your membership...

I don't feel like there are any truly good answers at this point....
Old 02-04-2016, 10:50 AM
HoundDog

I don't mind everbody knowing where I live but if they know the registration number then all they have to do is copy it down from the web and put that on their plane or MR.
If U have an electric or can put it inside they can't copy it... Besides whom in your club with (Access to your Quad i.e. FAA REG Number) dislikes U enough as to take a quad put your registration on it and go fly it say at harts Field airport in Atlanta. That's about the only people that have access to your info. Why wouldn't some one steel your car and use it in a drive by or just your plates on a like car ... We all worry way too much. Follow the AMA SC guide lines or Register with the FAA or both ... BUT lead, Follow Or get outa the way. Too many people here (Including me ) are so entrenched in their own BS that all they want is to argue about nothing to here them selves. Seems most of us NOT all are just a bunch of whiners or whinners too.

Today I like RED so stuff it. JDCA
Just don't care anymore.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:58 AM
fly24-7

Originally Posted by mattnew

I understand where you're coming from. FWIW, I'm not an officer or board member, so I was not part of the team that decided this. As a member, I did vote in favor of the by-law change. The idea as it was explained to me is that we have something enforceable to prevent members from flying at the field without FAA registration. The board feels that ensuring member registration is a proactive measure that keeps in the good graces of our landlord.

I'm aware of the arguments that this is not something that should be within the purview of a landlord to begin with. With that said, a landlord has the right (consistent with law) to apply whatever conditions of use on his land that he sees fit. While our landlord has not imposed this requirement on us, we can say, "don't worry, it's covered" should he ever choose to.

As I stated in a previous post, while the final shape of this thing had yet to be determined, I don't see a reverse of course. I expect that some form of registration that's tied in some measure to the FAA is here to stay. The mechanics of how it's administered is the only thing that I see changing shape in the coming month's and years. I hope I'm wrong.

I moved to MA from Chicago this past August. Still getting use to being a New Englander. After spending months settling in to a new job and house, I flew for the first time in six months this past weekend. It felt really good to get back at it...
Old 02-04-2016, 11:01 AM
Sport_Pilot

Oh, I would like to go. Maybe look for that lost gold mine. Lost Dutchman mine?
Old 02-04-2016, 11:07 AM
Sport_Pilot

I don't know but it certainly ought to be. When it is up maybe I'll look up yours and use your number since you don't care. Wait you apparently do care! I wonder how many Bacon's will be on that registration list. LOL.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:10 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by HoundDog
If U have an electric or can put it inside they can't copy it... Besides whom in your club with (Access to your Quad i.e. FAA REG Number) dislikes U enough as to take a quad put your registration on it and go fly it say at harts Field airport in Atlanta. That's about the only people that have access to your info. Why wouldn't some one steel your car and use it in a drive by or just your plates on a like car ... We all worry way too much. Follow the AMA SC guide lines or Register with the FAA or both ... BUT lead, Follow Or get outa the way. Too many people here (Including me ) are so entrenched in their own BS that all they want is to argue about nothing to here them selves. Seems most of us NOT all are just a bunch of whiners or whinners too.

Today I like RED so stuff it. JDCA
Just don't care anymore.
HD when it is up you will be able to look up anybody's registration number. So you don't have to copy it from their plane. Just look it up on the web. So the miscreants can put somebody else's registration number on their drone.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:42 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

I don't know but it certainly ought to be. When it is up maybe I'll look up yours and use your number since you don't care. Wait you apparently do care! I wonder how many Bacon's will be on that registration list. LOL.
They will never be SPI. I doubt there will be many Bacons on the list, not sure if Kevin flies model aircraft. Even then, how many hickory smoked extra thick sliced one's are there?
Old 02-04-2016, 12:14 PM
HoundDog

Oh, I would like to go. Maybe look for that lost gold mine. Lost Dutchman mine?
I I Look at the Superstitions every morning just 5 miles to th foot of Flat Iron the western most part of the Superstitions ... That's where the Lost Dutchman is. Loads of good things to do when not flying too. OH there is a Pizza Party for Pilots Saturday night of the Electric Festival...the Jet Rally in NOV had Stake.
Old 02-04-2016, 12:28 PM
Sport_Pilot

I I Look at the Superstitions every morning just 5 miles to th foot of Flat Iron the western most part of the Superstitions ... That's where the Lost Dutchman is. Loads of good things to do when not flying too. OH there is a Pizza Party for Pilots Saturday night of the Electric Festival...the Jet Rally in NOV had Stake.
Do you prefer the mesquite, hickory, or oak stakes?
Old 02-04-2016, 01:37 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

They will never be SPI. I doubt there will be many Bacons on the list, not sure if Kevin flies model aircraft. Even then, how many hickory smoked extra thick sliced one's are there?
oh ya baby.....keep that hot bacon talk goin!
Old 02-04-2016, 02:22 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Originally Posted by porcia83
oh ya baby.....keep that hot bacon talk goin!
Now this is what I'm talking about!

Note: Not responsible for uncontrollable Bacon urges.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjkrNhRfaWg
Old 02-04-2016, 05:36 PM
HoundDog

Do you prefer the mesquite, hickory, or oak stakes?
Well the mesquite, hickory, or oak stakes all are a little WOODY in taste but a good 8 oz Filet charged on the out side and bloody on the inside w/Baked Potato/Sour Cream and Canned Asparagus w/ plenty of cream sauce and couple bottles of Coors NA. Darn I'm getting hungry. Let's see I have tube stake Hash cheese and crackers and something old in the back of the frig. Just might go to Taco Bell or Little Caesars. and The Hound Flies
Old 02-13-2016, 02:47 PM
porcia83
Banned

Default seemed to fit the title of the thread here.

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B_Kym0e5J7M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 02-13-2016, 08:54 PM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I KNEW they were good for something! I just didn't know what. Do you remember the comedian Gallager with his "Sledg-O- Matic" routine? Well this is an updated version, "Drone-O-Matic". It slices, it dices, it chops, and when all done it hops (into the air). Best part is when it's pitted against a car tire...and looses! Thanks porcia83 for that video, it's funny as heck!
Old 02-13-2016, 09:49 PM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by porcia83
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/B_Kym0e5J7M" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Speaking of Slice and Dice good thing it was a wood Prop and a small OS LA 40
5 hours in Emergency room 23 stitches. 2 doctor visits. Only good thing the head surgeon had a friend that died and the gus wife gave him a couple of her husbands GS models and he's been looking for someone to take them that might enjoy them ... I volunteered.

This 2 weeks ago 29 Jan.
Brain Fart
Lucky I can still give the finger.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20160211_110820_resized.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	2147147  
Old 02-14-2016, 06:40 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by 52larry52
I KNEW they were good for something! I just didn't know what. Do you remember the comedian Gallager with his "Sledg-O- Matic" routine? Well this is an updated version, "Drone-O-Matic". It slices, it dices, it chops, and when all done it hops (into the air). Best part is when it's pitted against a car tire...and looses! Thanks porcia83 for that video, it's funny as heck!
Lets not forget this classic too!

Alas I knew the ending was what the folks would love the best.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	7563194.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	2147176  
Old 02-14-2016, 08:31 AM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hound Dog, You did that with a LA 40 ??? I'am impressed. That's one strong LA 40, want to a sell it? Oh, and sorry about your hand.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:49 AM
HoundDog

Originally Posted by 52larry52
Hound Dog, You did that with a LA 40 ??? I'am impressed. That's one strong LA 40, want to a sell it? Oh, and sorry about your hand.
There's an o'l saying "Stupid is as Stupid Does" Forrest gump 1989
U do Stupid Things U deserve to get whacked.

If it were Mine I Might Pay U to take it LOL I like to instruct and haven gotten lazy besides I train even O'l Airline Pilots to fly with an apprentice in short order... Had one 182 driver quit because we smashed up to many times with a Falcon 56 (He insisted on flying) because he liked the NOISE until it quit running a few times the last brook the tail off and I wouldn't fix it form him. Besides it was my servos my receiver and my batt using My Radios and the Falcon was donated by the Club Under Intro Pilot Program I also bought a 40sf for it but he paid me for that.

Ya dam lucky it wasn't an APC prob .... Wouldn't have happened with Lectric No Needle Valve to adjust.
Old 02-15-2016, 01:08 PM
acer3299

Originally Posted by init4fun
The Boston Globe and the Herald ?
Two "BLUE" papers in the Socialist republic of Massachusetts, what else would you expect......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.