Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Still waiting for FAA email

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Still waiting for FAA email

Old 01-23-2016, 08:32 PM
JL636
My Feedback: (79)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Still waiting for FAA email

On the 19th, I started the registration process on the FAA sight. Once done with what I thought was the application, I received a email from the FAA indicating the I would get a email with a link so I could finish the process and this was to be within a few hours. Well, its the 23rd and still no email. At this point I am at a loss as to what to do. I have no idea who or what to contact. Has anyone else has this problem ? I'm about ready to toss in the towel! Joe
Old 01-23-2016, 09:17 PM
jeffrey solomon

Wow
Aren't you glad the AMA
Streamlined the registration process
Old 01-23-2016, 11:17 PM
Silent-AV8R

I wonder what the issue is? It took me about 3 minutes to complete the process and I got my refund the next day?
Old 01-24-2016, 03:37 AM
Luchnia
My Feedback: (21)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems some get them quickly, others do not. To be expected.
Old 01-24-2016, 03:40 AM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Geez Joe. I've read that a few people had issues with registration but not overly many. Not sure if it's feasible but you might just try doing it again. Like SILENT said, shouldn't take more than a couple minutes.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:41 AM
ETpilot

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

I registered on the 19th also. It took just a few minutes to complete the process and get my Certificate. You might see if you can log in to your account. If that is not possible you may have to try to start the process over, as suggested.
Old 01-24-2016, 05:48 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by jeffrey solomon
Wow
Aren't you glad the AMA
Streamlined the registration process
Great point, the AMA is certainly responsible for the FAA's website. Spot on!
Old 01-24-2016, 05:51 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by JL636
On the 19th, I started the registration process on the FAA sight. Once done with what I thought was the application, I received a email from the FAA indicating the I would get a email with a link so I could finish the process and this was to be within a few hours. Well, its the 23rd and still no email. At this point I am at a loss as to what to do. I have no idea who or what to contact. Has anyone else has this problem ? I'm about ready to toss in the towel! Joe
Haven't heard of anyone else having this issue. Once you sign up you get a link immediately. Go back to e-mail, click on the link, and it was done. I have a feeling you might have put in a different e-mail address, or it went to a spam folder. If your card didn't get charged, just register again.
Haven't heard of anyone else
Old 01-24-2016, 07:41 AM
pkoury
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Check your spam folder. I did not have a problem with the FAA but I have had confirmation emails end up being routed to my spam folder.
Old 01-24-2016, 09:56 AM
jeffrey solomon

The AMA has boasted of its' great victory of
Streamlining the FAA registration process and not requiring aircraft registration.
That is an odd boast considering the AMA has a lawsuit pending from 8/22/14
against the FAA. The lawsuit addresses issues regarding the FAA's interpretation of the 2012 law.
It is detrimental to the lawsuit to propose registration considering that is one issue of the 2014 lawsuit.
The individual glitches with registration are not the issue, I was merely
reminding people of the outstanding job the AMA has done, generally.
Old 01-24-2016, 08:10 PM
SunDevilPilot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Are you sure you used the real FAA site and not a lookalike scam site. A few of those popped up since the registration began.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:20 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by jeffrey solomon
The AMA has boasted of its' great victory of
Streamlining the FAA registration process and not requiring aircraft registration.
That is an odd boast considering the AMA has a lawsuit pending from 8/22/14
against the FAA. The lawsuit addresses issues regarding the FAA's interpretation of the 2012 law.
It is detrimental to the lawsuit to propose registration considering that is one issue of the 2014 lawsuit.
The individual glitches with registration are not the issue, I was merely
reminding people of the outstanding job the AMA has done, generally.
They made no such claim. They did say they have an agreement with the FAA to do so but ihat it would likely not happen before Feb 19.
Old 01-25-2016, 06:52 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
They made no such claim. They did say they have an agreement with the FAA to do so but ihat it would likely not happen before Feb 19.
+1. It's amazing to see the shear amount of absolutely incorrect and in many cases completely made up stuff that continues to be written.
Old 01-25-2016, 07:46 AM
jeffrey solomon

What is your point, the AMA didn't boast about streamlining registration?
What about the issue of a pending lawsuit from 8/22/14, regarding the FAA's interpretation?
Their agreement with the FAA deals with "N" numbers, plane registration vs. pilot registration,
commercial UAV pilots, and ceiling and weight limits.
These details would not even be necessary for discussion, if the AMA held the FAA accountable to the Congressional instructions, not interpretation.
Where is the legal precedent , that an agency of government is imbued with the authority to "interpret" a congressional rule or law?

Is the AMA pressing the 2014 lawsuit or not?
I believe, the AMA is hoping that once everyone is registered, and the membership becomes complacent again, they won't have to continue with the law suit, but there could and probably will be many more field closures and restrictions ahead of us.

I think the AMA is greatly underestimating the FAA and hopefully its' membership.
Old 01-25-2016, 04:24 PM
jeffrey solomon

I don't know if you got the most recent AMA email this evening

about the 2014 lawsuit and the AMA trip to DC
but I emailed almost all the departments at

the AMA last night about just these issues.
Today we all get a response?
I find the coincidence interesting.

Jeff Solomon

I sent the AMA this suggestion,

Dear AMA,

Before you go to Capital Hill, it might be wise to prepare a petition that could be presented to the entire AMA

membership via email. I would leave the exact wording to you and our attorneys, but it should reflect the basic
objections we AMA members have to the FAA interpretation of the Special Rule for Model Aircraft.

The petition with all the members, names and emails should then be sent, and brought to all

the
members of Congress and their staffs. This will demonstrate to Congress the great dissatisfaction we hold
against the actions of the FAA and hope to persuade Congress to support or wishes to preserve model aviation.

Respectfully

Jeffrey Solomon

Old 01-26-2016, 04:57 AM
Sport_Pilot

Please delete these and stop posting this on every AMA thread!
Old 02-04-2016, 02:27 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Just wondering if you are still waiting ? LOL