Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA and e-mail to members

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA and e-mail to members

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2016, 09:46 AM
Firebird24

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AMA and e-mail to members

It appears that when you become a member, you can opt for "not" receiving any "solicitation" e-mail traffic. That was the course I followed, thinking that I do not need any insurance or other spam e-mail cluttering my in-box. However, I did not realize that by opting out, I also cut any e-mail communication with AMA about subjects like the FAA registration or other non-commercial topics involving rc flying. If the AMA wishes to maintain contact by e-mail for pressing matters, it would probably be better to give you a choice and not force you to accept commercial spam if you wanted communication by e-mail.
Old 02-11-2016, 09:48 AM
raptureboy

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Totally agree, I was wondering why I was not getting all the emails everyone else was. AMA are you listening?
Old 02-11-2016, 10:20 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raptureboy
Totally agree, I was wondering why I was not getting all the emails everyone else was. AMA are you listening?
This is RCU, not AMA. Submit your question to the AMA and you'll probably get a response. Keep in mind, Opt in/out is pretty clear, rest assured you'll no doubt get more complaints when the e-mail mention selection is enlarged. Not really feasible to create an e-mail request chain to fit everyone's needs.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/
Old 02-11-2016, 10:59 AM
raptureboy

Almost every company I do business with has the option of only receiving email regarding updates etc. I just don't need to get mail from a 1000 solicitors. This is the AMA section is it not? I know the AMA can do no wrong in your eyes but maybe you can pass this along as a helpful suggestion. I'll be sure to contact the appropriate person next time I visit the site.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:16 PM
TimJ

I've opted out of the 3rd party emails, but I still receive emails from the AMA. Not sure, but maybe there was a computer glitch? I'm sure that's just an isolated incident.
Old 02-11-2016, 12:53 PM
porcia83
Banned

Almost every company I do business with has the option of only receiving email regarding updates etc. I just don't need to get mail from a 1000 solicitors. This is the AMA section is it not? I know the AMA can do no wrong in your eyes but maybe you can pass this along as a helpful suggestion. I'll be sure to contact the appropriate person next time I visit the site.
It's the AMA thread on RCU...where people come to complain endlessly about the AMA. Have you seen an AMA rep respond to anything here...ever? Would you go to an RCU thread on the AMA forums and as for a response from RCU employees there?

I've never claimed the AMA is perfect, far from it of course but don't let that get in the way of your comment. They are however the only ones looking out for us....so there's that. Haven't really seen anyone in these thread so much as lift a finger..other than to mostly complain. That's fun I guess.
Old 02-11-2016, 02:39 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

I think you will find that a call to AMA HQ will get you a better and more direct response than posting here
Old 02-11-2016, 04:40 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
It's the AMA thread on RCU...where people come to complain endlessly about the AMA. Have you seen an AMA rep respond to anything here...ever? Would you go to an RCU thread on the AMA forums and as for a response from RCU employees there?

I've never claimed the AMA is perfect, far from it of course but don't let that get in the way of your comment. They are however the only ones looking out for us....so there's that. Haven't really seen anyone in these thread so much as lift a finger..other than to mostly complain. That's fun I guess.
HEY !!! I just lifted a finger !! And not the one you think ....... LOL
It was the finger on my mouse, so that I could scroll down and read your posting. Which usually makes me smile or gives me a chuckle.
Old 02-11-2016, 05:38 PM
TimJ

Lol
Old 02-12-2016, 12:49 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by Granpooba
HEY !!! I just lifted a finger !! And not the one you think ....... LOL
It was the finger on my mouse, so that I could scroll down and read your posting. Which usually makes me smile or gives me a chuckle.
Ha!
Old 02-12-2016, 06:57 AM
raptureboy

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
I think you will find that a call to AMA HQ will get you a better and more direct response than posting here
Thank you! That is the kind of response I would expect from someone trying to be helpful. Maybe we should have a disclaimer on the top of this forum. WARNING! NO ONE FROM THE AMA WILL COME HERE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, EXCEPT TO VIGOROUSLY REBUKE ANY AND ALL CRITICISM OF THE AMA WHETHER IT IS LEGITIMATE OR NOT.
Old 02-12-2016, 07:20 AM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
Ha!
Old 02-12-2016, 09:41 AM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

why bother?
Old 02-12-2016, 10:15 AM
franklin_m

Thank you! That is the kind of response I would expect from someone trying to be helpful. Maybe we should have a disclaimer on the top of this forum. WARNING! NO ONE FROM THE AMA WILL COME HERE TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS OR CONCERNS, EXCEPT TO VIGOROUSLY REBUKE ANY AND ALL CRITICISM OF THE AMA WHETHER IT IS LEGITIMATE OR NOT.
Hit the nail on the head!
Old 02-12-2016, 10:40 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

I'm afraid to ask what you two are on about.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:10 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
I'm afraid to ask what you two are on about.
It's the AMA forums....so just the usual. Throw in some cabin fever too. I thought I had responded too but it was either deleted or perhaps another thread.

Last edited by porcia83; 03-01-2016 at 01:24 PM.
Old 02-12-2016, 12:12 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Hit the nail on the head!
Yes...the threads should focus solely on criticisms right? Makes for great dialog. Lol
Old 03-01-2016, 01:23 PM
porcia83
Banned

Default Continued updates from the AMA

Interesting news, the AMA is hiring. Guess the end is not near for the organization after all. Given all the ideas, suggestions, and vast experience of the some of the pundits here, this may be a career opportunity!

http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutama/hr.aspx