Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Model Aviation is DOOMED! *** ACT NOW! ***

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Model Aviation is DOOMED! *** ACT NOW! ***

Old 03-25-2016, 08:26 AM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
+1.
lol...finally agreement, it's catching on!
Old 03-25-2016, 09:00 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The AMA has been completely useless and has made absolutely no difference with the FAA over the past two years.
Didn't say completely useless. I just pointed out two visible and likely high priority efforts to which they've devoted considerable time and resources - and then noted the status of each with respect to tangible deliverables.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:23 AM
essyou35
My Feedback: (11)

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Crazy bills are proposed all the time, most die in committee. We should still write our representatives but no need to cry out "the sky is falling".

Anyone who is into firearms is somewhat used to this type of extremist.

Can someone tell me who proposed the bill and if they gave a reason? I didn't look at it yet, probably not worth my time.

Im curious what the motivation is. Probably someone from new York?
Old 03-25-2016, 09:35 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by essyou35
Crazy bills are proposed all the time, most die in committee. We should still write our representatives but no need to cry out "the sky is falling".

Anyone who is into firearms is somewhat used to this type of extremist.

Can someone tell me who proposed the bill and if they gave a reason? I didn't look at it yet, probably not worth my time.

Im curious what the motivation is. Probably someone from new York?
Florida, Senator Bill Nelson. With a pocket full of cash from Amazon no doubt.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:35 AM
radfordc
My Feedback: (14)

Originally Posted by rcmiket
I'm not holding my breath for the AMA to "draw a line" on this.
Mike
Yeah, I can picture it.... The AMA president walks into the Senate chambers and yells,"I'm drawing a line! No more stupid regulations for model airplanes". This would be just before the security guards tackle and handcuff him.
Old 03-25-2016, 09:59 AM
cj_rumley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fairness you say....

With your usual fair and balanced and unbiased approach to the AMA, you have hit the nail on the head. The AMA has been completely useless and has made absolutely no difference with the FAA over the past two years. In fact we're probably far worse off now than ever. Except for later, when even more horrible things might happen.
Wow! I have to agree with you...thought I'd never say that.

I'm sure, though, somebody will be quick point out that the dismal turns in the outlook for the future health and welfare of our hobby might be even worse except for AMA's representation of us.
Old 03-25-2016, 10:33 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by cj_rumley

I'm sure, though, somebody will be quick point out that the dismal turns in the outlook for the future health and welfare of our hobby might be even worse except for AMA's representation of us.
I think the sarcasm went right over your head!
Old 03-25-2016, 10:39 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Florida, Senator Bill Nelson. With a pocket full of cash from Amazon no doubt.
https://www.opensecrets.org/politici...16#fundraising

Nothing from Amazon or big business/retail. Mostly funded by attorneys and some other big business lobby types, as well as Healthcare and Insurance, but nothing that looks like it ties in with this hobby, pro or con.
Old 03-25-2016, 11:06 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by cj_rumley

I think we probably agree on more issues that disagree, no sarcasm intended either. I look at it this way, the hobby today isn't drastically different than what it was a year, or two, or even 3 years ago. The big change was the registration, that's it. Leglislation will continue to pop up, and I suspect we'll continue to play wack a mole as a hobby in knocking them out. It's already happened several times here. Modelers and the AMA are the only ones that will be looking out for our hobby. I'm more concerned about local and state regs popping up than the federal ones. As small as the AMA is, I think we still have a stronger voice at the national level via lobbyist. At the local level, I think that will be on us to get involved with, and get AMA involved with as well. The folks from NY did that last year with fantastic results.

Yes, more struggles are no doubt ahead, I'd rather look to the good things we have in the hobby now and the future rather than worry about what might happen later.

Anyway, Hoppy Easter to those that lean in that direction...hoping for some good weather to finally arrive. Candy too.
Old 03-25-2016, 01:37 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Love the candy, and Bacon too! Happy Easter!
Old 03-26-2016, 05:33 AM
rcmiket

http://www.engadget.com/2016/03/25/n...rone-delivery/

Mike
Old 03-26-2016, 05:59 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Thanks for sharing, you beat me to it. And so now it begins. Dominos Pizza can't be far behind!
Old 03-26-2016, 07:44 AM
Sport_Pilot

Nothing from Amazon or big business/retail. Mostly funded by attorneys and some other big business lobby types, as well as Healthcare and Insurance, but nothing that looks like it ties in with this hobby, pro or con.
The real quid pro is from money that goes into their pocket, not campain funds.
Old 03-26-2016, 06:53 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Thanks for sharing, you beat me to it. And so now it begins. Dominos Pizza can't be far behind!
Of course, you can always add Bacon!

Old 03-28-2016, 11:15 AM
TimJ

That's fine. Continue to walk around the planet blind. That is okay. Keep digging. It is so blatantly obvious that Senator Nelson is connected to Amazon. Just keep digging. Follow the trail and you will find the truth.
Old 03-28-2016, 11:27 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by TimJ
That's fine. Continue to walk around the planet blind. That is okay. Keep digging. It is so blatantly obvious that Senator Nelson is connected to Amazon. Just keep digging. Follow the trail and you will find the truth.
I'm sorry Tim, I don't see the obvious connection. Most of his money comes from attorneys, then it's the healthcare industry. As for sports earlier comment about money directly going to this guy's pocket, I don't see that either. It's not easy to bury big cash donations from companies anymore.

That's not to say that many of these folks are not beholden to special interest groups...God knows most are. I just don't see the immediate connection here, that's all.
Old 03-28-2016, 02:42 PM
TimJ

Seriously keep digging. Just to add a carrot, here's an unrelated event with the CEO of Amazon Jeff Bezos and Bill Nelson talking about a new rocket manufacture and plans to take civilians to space. http://www.wesh.com/news/amazon-ceo-...coast/35282626
Old 03-28-2016, 03:50 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by TimJ
Seriously keep digging. Just to add a carrot, here's an unrelated event with the CEO of Amazon Jeff Bezos and Bill Nelson talking about a new rocket manufacture and plans to take civilians to space. http://www.wesh.com/news/amazon-ceo-...coast/35282626
I do love carrots.....thanks!