Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

RC Clubs not renewing AMA Charter

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

RC Clubs not renewing AMA Charter

Old 04-19-2016, 04:32 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Incredible. I don't agree with intentionally harming animals but we have put animals above humans over recent years. How many birds/animals were harmed at this field since its inception? Another knee-jerk reaction and catering to the animal rights wackos.
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/counties/chatham-county/article72367187.html

Sure hope they can work it out. Going to be rough going though.

Mike
Old 04-19-2016, 06:26 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Sure hope they can work it out. Going to be rough going though.

Mike
It looks like it will be, but at least one politician seemed to be on the side of the club, that's a huge plus for them. The story doesn't comment on the clubs AMA status, but looking them up shows they are a chartered club. Lucky for the club they have a national organization that can step in and advocate for the club, the AMA. Wonder if the club has been in touch with any one of the 3 AVPs they have in the area, or for that matter the VP Jay Marsh.

It sucks that this is happening, but this is a reality when the club is on local/state/federally owned property. All clubs in this situation should be thinking about contingency plans should something like this come up. How do they get along with the locals? Do they have any benefactors or groups that can help them? What do the clubs do for the area they are in, is it all about flying and fun for the members only, or do they involved schools or other community groups in their activities and functions. A little goodwill might go a long way. Hope they can work something out.

** Confirmed that the regional AVP is aware and is involved in working towards a solution.

Last edited by porcia83; 04-19-2016 at 01:57 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 09:28 PM
Smaragos

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Incredible. I don't agree with intentionally harming animals but we have put animals above humans over recent years. How many birds/animals were harmed at this field since its inception? Another knee-jerk reaction and catering to the animal rights wackos.
http://www.newsobserver.com/news/local/counties/chatham-county/article72367187.html

This simply proves what I've always maintained, that the vast majority of the eco-freaks have never been exposed to science or biology, even at the high school level.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:06 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by Smaragos
This simply proves what I've always maintained, that the vast majority of the eco-freaks have never been exposed to science or biology, even at the high school level.
They are exposed to the liberal bias of many professors including science professors. They think it is science but it is not.
Old 05-03-2016, 06:01 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
They are exposed to the liberal bias of many professors including science professors. They think it is science but it is not.
Hi Sport ,

Without getting into the political aspects of it , It seems in my observation that nobody really researches both sides of something anymore before forming a "set in stone" opinion . Folks will jump on a bandwagon and then even if presented with conclusive proof they are wrong , they will go to the grave defending that belief . I do , I really try to look at both sides when forming an opinion and when it happens that my view on something turns out to be wrong I've no problem whatsoever with saying "oops , I really blew that call" . Most recent proof being that 3 years ago I honestly thought the AMA could advocate for both traditional and FPV type of flying , only to find out three years later it's all just a power play to get forced CBO membership put into place . Toppers (Topspin) has a thread in the clubhouse where it's quite obvious I fessed up to my mistaken opinion , and just ONCE I'd love to see anyone else on this planet with the balls to man up and come right out and admit they were wrong about something . It'll NEVER happen , most folk's egos being far too fragile to fess up to actually making a mistake every now and then .....
Old 05-03-2016, 07:51 AM
RC Pilot 007

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
how u know not sciense
Old 05-03-2016, 08:13 AM
Smaragos

Originally Posted by RC Pilot 007
how u know not sciense
As an example, look at the eco-freak's insistence on maintaining great monolithic stands of old growth timber. Anyone with an unbiased background and some education knows that those stands exist only because of man's intervention -- that naturally occurring fires produce a mixture of meadows, young trees, old growth, and mixed vegetation that is both healthier, and much better for the wildlife population.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:41 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 345 Likes on 276 Posts

Lets keep this to an AMA discussion, any more side tracking and I'm going to do a little cleaning.

Thanks
Old 05-03-2016, 09:10 AM
no2v

Let me say the world AND radio control DOES NOT revolve around the AMA.Doing this for 50 yrs and have to say the AMA gives back nothing,they cannot get enough money.
Old 05-03-2016, 10:14 AM
BarracudaHockey

We will have to agree to disagree on the fact that the AMA gives nothing back. They give a tremendous amount back.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:40 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by no2v
Let me say the world AND radio control DOES NOT revolve around the AMA.Doing this for 50 yrs and have to say the AMA gives back nothing,they cannot get enough money.
If you don't look for ways they give back not only the hobby as a whole, but to individuals and to clubs, then you are not trying to see it. I get that some might not feel they provide value, but to say they give back nothing is just patently false. Just untrue.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:49 PM
no2v

really..well you have not seen the big picture and I guess you enjoy you`re 75.00 magazine subscription of foamies and drones..typical.
Old 05-03-2016, 12:56 PM
porcia83
Banned

[h=1]Club Officer Info[/h] They are here! We have received the 2016 club officer lapel pins from the manufacturer and we will start mailing them this week. Please allow 10 to 14 business days for the pins to arrive.There are still more than 200 clubs that have not yet renewed their charter for 2016. If you have misplaced the forms, simply send us an email and we will forward the appropriate forms to you!

Odd, nobody has mentioned the number is down from 400 to 200.....not as much sizzle when the gap is closing I guess?
Old 05-03-2016, 12:58 PM
porcia83
Banned

really..well you have not seen the big picture and I guess you enjoy you`re 75.00 magazine subscription of foamies and drones..typical.
LoL...foamies! Perhaps $23,000 is "nothing" to some, I sure would like to see that show up in my bank account today.

http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/fly...nts-announced/

Just a minute amount they give back to the membership, literally the first thing that caught my eye on their website.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:02 PM
BarracudaHockey

I do see the big picture actually, and yes I enjoy the magazine.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:04 PM
porcia83
Banned

http://find.mapmuse.com/details/rc-a...o-prop-busters

That's a club in PA that received grant money from the AMA. Grants, scholarships, gifts....many many ways the AMA gives back, to say nothing of experiences.

Just gotta dig a little bit to see something positive.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:27 PM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by porcia83
LoL...foamies! Perhaps $23,000 is "nothing" to some, I sure would like to see that show up in my bank account today.

http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/fly...nts-announced/

Just a minute amount they give back to the membership, literally the first thing that caught my eye on their website.
An average of just under a grand to 26 clubs. Impressive.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:34 PM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by franklin_m

They cut back the amount a club could apply for last year. Before a club could apply for up to 10% of the total project but the grant could not exceed $5000.00.

Mike
Old 05-03-2016, 02:41 PM
porcia83
Banned

It sure is impressive to those clubs who were smart enough to fill out the application correctly.

And as usual, another complaint. If they gave more, you would be complaining they gave to much money away right?
Old 05-03-2016, 02:42 PM
porcia83
Banned

They cut back the amount a club could apply for last year. Before a club could apply for up to 10% of the total project but the grant could not exceed $5000.00.

Mike
Right, they cut back. Isn't that what folks want though, at least all the folks here complain about how much the AMA spends.

Oh, why did you leave off the amount the grant could go up to now?
Old 05-03-2016, 03:14 PM
RC Pilot 007

good news ama really come through for club who need $ for club flying site

great way to promote hobby
Old 05-03-2016, 03:51 PM
franklin_m

Mike
Meanwhile, based on their tax documents, the ED is in the top 1.5% of all wage earners in Muncie and around top 3% of all wage earners in Indiana.
Old 05-03-2016, 04:56 PM
rcmiket

Meanwhile, based on their tax documents, the ED is in the top 1.5% of all wage earners in Muncie and around top 3% of all wage earners in Indiana.
Waiting on the EC minutes to be posted but motions are already posted. They spent $22,075.70 split among clubs that applied but look at what' getting spent in Muncie.

MOTION III: Moved by G. Fitch (EVP), and seconded by T. Jesky (VII), that Council approve the Site 3 improvement/paving as submitted by PADCOM April 16, 2016; additional funding was approved for site drainage. Maximum allowed is $110,000.
MOTION passed unanimously.

Let them eat cake.

Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 05-03-2016 at 05:00 PM.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:44 PM
porcia83
Banned

LoL...always twisting numbers to fit the narrative. There is an intellectual dishonestly in doing that.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:47 PM
porcia83
Banned

Waiting on the EC minutes to be posted but motions are already posted. They spent $22,075.70 split among clubs that applied but look at what' getting spent in Muncie.

MOTION III: Moved by G. Fitch (EVP), and seconded by T. Jesky (VII), that Council approve the Site 3 improvement/paving as submitted by PADCOM April 16, 2016; additional funding was approved for site drainage. Maximum allowed is $110,000.
MOTION passed unanimously.

Let them eat cake.

Mike
How did your district VP vote on that? Sure looks like almost every vote was unanimous. What does that say about matters at hand?

What's the alternative to Site 3 improvements that either of you are suggesting? I know it's easy to second guess after the fact...but what would you do differently, other than sell the property and I guess disperse the funds to clubs? Any specifics, or just more complaints?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.