Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

RC Clubs not renewing AMA Charter

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

RC Clubs not renewing AMA Charter

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2016, 06:39 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Waiting on the EC minutes to be posted but motions are already posted. They spent $22,075.70 split among clubs that applied but look at what' getting spent in Muncie.

MOTION III: Moved by G. Fitch (EVP), and seconded by T. Jesky (VII), that Council approve the Site 3 improvement/paving as submitted by PADCOM April 16, 2016; additional funding was approved for site drainage. Maximum allowed is $110,000.
MOTION passed unanimously.

Let them eat cake.

Mike
Yep , there's all kinds of people making a tidy profit off of our nice little non profit model aircraft advocacy organization .

A fair "living wage" based on the average of the "comps" , the comparable compensation for similar work in a given area , with maybe even a percentage or few above that to show that we as an organization aren't totally cheap ? Sure , I'll go for that , but honestly , what does the EC do that's so great to earn in the highest percentile per given job ? Membership is declining , Lots of folks are , , , "Disgruntled" , , , over the whole drone fiasco , and these guys get paid like kings ? And of all the clubs in the country 26 got to split only $23K but $110K was spent on drainage for one runway in Muncie ? And we wonder why there appear to be , , "flaws" in our representation ?

Hear that ???? ....... It's LCS , Screaming down from the heavens , , , , "TOLD YA SO !!!!!" .......
Old 05-04-2016, 02:27 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by init4fun
Yep , there's all kinds of people making a tidy profit off of our nice little non profit model aircraft advocacy organization .

A fair "living wage" based on the average of the "comps" , the comparable compensation for similar work in a given area , with maybe even a percentage or few above that to show that we as an organization aren't totally cheap ? Sure , I'll go for that , but honestly , what does the EC do that's so great to earn in the highest percentile per given job ? Membership is declining , Lots of folks are , , , "Disgruntled" , , , over the whole drone fiasco , and these guys get paid like kings ? And of all the clubs in the country 26 got to split only $23K but $110K was spent on drainage for one runway in Muncie ? And we wonder why there appear to be , , "flaws" in our representation ?

Hear that ???? ....... It's LCS , Screaming down from the heavens , , , , "TOLD YA SO !!!!!" .......
LoL...Profit? Since when is someone's earned salary "profit". This has got to be one of the biggest disingenuous "twising" of data out there, bar none. The most dishonest play here is trying to apply the "average" wage for a specific area, rather than trying to compare the alleged salary with other similar positions running companies or non profits. And of all people, Franklin would have the ability to do this, but then the comparisons wouldn't look quite as bad.

The figure bantered about hasn't been confirmed of course, but lets not make details important. Like whether it's a total compensation package (salary, and value of all benefits), or just salary. At the end of the day, the salary is commensurate with the organization being run...absolutely regardless of where the company is located. As if location is some barometer to a position's job requirements.
Old 05-04-2016, 02:59 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man what our club could do with $110,000.00.

Mike
Old 05-04-2016, 03:18 AM
franklin_m

Man what our club could do with $110,000.00.

Mike
I'd be happy if they flip the numbers, distribute $100K to where majority of members fly, local clubs, and keep the Taj-Muncie to the $22K amount.
Old 05-04-2016, 03:42 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by franklin_m
I'd be happy if they flip the numbers, distribute $100K to where majority of members fly, local clubs, and keep the Taj-Muncie to the $22K amount.
I'm making that suggestion to the EC.

Mike
Old 05-04-2016, 04:04 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

The 110k is the cap on what can be spent. Best to wait until they post exactly what they are spending and for what. Even then it would seem upside-down.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:50 AM
RC Pilot 007

no point give to much $$ to club most private anyway so not all ama can use. nice have place like muncie all member can use

plus club can have fund raiser if need money. raise dues also. many just to lazy and want free money from ama.
Old 05-04-2016, 05:18 AM
init4fun

I'm making that suggestion to the EC.

Mike
I agree 100% with Mike and Franklin here , but as far as it actually happening that the AMA were to give more to clubs than what it spends on "Taj Muncie" ? Something about the Devil havin frost on his butt comes to mind here .....

Originally Posted by RC Pilot 007
no point give to much $$ to club most private anyway so not all ama can use. nice have place like muncie all member can use

plus club can have fund raiser if need money. raise dues also. many just to lazy and want free money from ama.
Anyone seen my gibberish translator ? I've run this through both my pig Latin AND my Martian language filters , and no decipherable meaning can be attributed to the above passage ....
Old 05-04-2016, 06:19 AM
rcmiket

I agree 100% with Mike and Franklin here , but as far as it actually happening that the AMA were to give more to clubs than what it spends on "Taj Muncie" ? Something about the Devil havin frost on his butt comes to mind here .....

Anyone seen my gibberish translator ? I've run this through both my pig Latin AND my Martian language filters , and no decipherable meaning can be attributed to the above passage ....
It's called the ignore button. Works great.

Mike
Old 05-04-2016, 06:48 AM
franklin_m

Yep. Meanwhile, in terms of their requirement to keep members of the non-profit up to date on information:

Last AMA financial statement posted was from 2014
Last AMA Annual Report - Financial Insurance Summary was from 2014
Last AMA Medical Claim History information posted was from 2007
Last AMA Fire/Theft/Vandalism Claim History posted was from 2007
Accepted CDs for tubine signoff not updated since 2013
Last Suspended / Revoked Tubine waivers dates from 2008
sUAS Survey Results, which AMA said "will be posted in April 2014," are not posted.

I sent a note to my district III rep asking when these will be updated, if folks agree and think we deserve more current information (remember we're paying an ED so much he's in the top 1.5% of all wage earners in Muncie), let your VP know as well.
Old 05-04-2016, 06:57 AM
rcmiket

Anyone interested in seeing just how much is spent and on what here's a link to motions at the EC meeting dating back to 1999.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutam...n/ec/news.aspx

Mike
Old 05-04-2016, 07:08 AM
franklin_m

Anyone interested in seeing just how much is spent and on what here's a link to motions at the EC meeting dating back to 1999.

http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutam...n/ec/news.aspx

Mike
What concerns me about discovering all the out of date documents is that it certainly paints a picture that leads one to believe the EC doesn't feel particularly accountable to the members that pay the bills.
Old 05-04-2016, 08:34 AM
init4fun

It's called the ignore button. Works great.

Mike
Hey Mike ,

Yea , I know I ought to just ignore it , but I figured maybe if we could figure out which dialect of caveman it's speaking , maybe we could attempt to communicate with it ? Maybe it's a renegade bot who likes model aircraft and speaks broken English ?

It sure does seem , whenever it's point IS understandable , that it speaks a brand of cheerleading I've heard here before . In fact I thought I smelled something that smelled an awful lot like a pork based breakfast meat strip cooking the other day , but I could have been mistaken .....
Old 05-04-2016, 08:45 AM
rcmiket

Hey Mike ,

Yea , I know I ought to just ignore it , but I figured maybe if we could figure out which dialect of caveman it's speaking , maybe we could attempt to communicate with it ? Maybe it's a renegade bot who likes model aircraft and speaks broken English ?

It sure does seem , whenever it's point IS understandable , that it speaks a brand of cheerleading I've heard here before . In fact I thought I smelled something that smelled an awful lot like a pork based breakfast meat strip cooking the other day , but I could have been mistaken .....
I use it and it's saving me so much aggravation along with tiem.

Mike
Old 05-04-2016, 08:46 AM
init4fun

What concerns me about discovering all the out of date documents is that it certainly paints a picture that leads one to believe the EC doesn't feel particularly accountable to the members that pay the bills.
For a group of folks paid as well as they are , Your right Franklin , I also expect better as well with regards to the performance of their job duties !
Old 05-04-2016, 01:52 PM
RC Pilot 007

maybe all busy work on fight with faa i think faa issue #1 priority for all ama
Old 05-05-2016, 03:15 AM
porcia83
Banned

Meanwhile, based on their tax documents, the ED is in the top 1.5% of all wage earners in Muncie and around top 3% of all wage earners in Indiana.
Salary shaming....a new low even for the most ardent anti-AMA folk, especially from those that aren't even members!
Old 05-05-2016, 09:15 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

If you don't like the EC vote 'em out. Look at the major upset in the big campaign. No one thought one of those candidates would ever get this far and look where he is now.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:43 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Sounds like a great way to create animosity between the have and have not clubs. But then, where's the benefit for all those AMA members that don't fly at a club field? Next thing you know they'll be complaining about their dues going to fund a flying site they cannot use.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:51 AM
Dick T.
My Feedback: (243)

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

I think some of you fellas are being a bit smug with comments about member RC Pilot 007's posts. Stop to consider he may have limited education or may be an immigrant with basic English language skills. If he has limited education or diminished social skills he is at least trying to be part of our hobby and society in general. If his origin is a foreign land then working at communicating in English is to be commended.

Yes the "Ignore" button works well and it's use may avoid enticing some into making smarmy comments.
Old 05-05-2016, 09:56 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by Dick T.
I think some of you fellas are being a bit smug with comments about member RC Pilot 007's posts. Stop to consider he may have limited education or may be an immigrant with basic English language skills. If he has limited education or diminished social skills he is at least trying to be part of our hobby and society in general. If his origin is a foreign land then working at communicating in English is to be commended.

Yes the "Ignore" button works well and it's use may avoid enticing some into making smarmy comments.
I agree, stop acting like a bunch of xenophobes!
Old 05-05-2016, 11:20 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by Dick T.

Par for the course, and acceptable behavior for some I guess. You are completely right though.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:21 AM
porcia83
Banned

How come nobody is talking about the AMA announcement that the 400 clubs not signing up shrunk to 200. I guess that's not a story????
Old 05-05-2016, 11:30 AM
Smaragos

I agree. Particularly since it's obvious from his sentence structure that he speaks at least two languages, whereas I suspect that those making the snide comments can barely manage one. I worked with people from all over the world, and quickly learned not to judge their intelligence by their facility with English, because many of them turned out to be smarter than I was.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:47 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
I agree, stop acting like a bunch of xenophobes!
Ug me no fobic of Xenon axecpt wen in other car hedlites then cant sea at nitee

And me knowum SOCKPUPPET when me sea um ......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.