Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

RC Clubs not renewing AMA Charter

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

RC Clubs not renewing AMA Charter

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2016, 02:11 AM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Franklin attacks an AMA related issue and SunDevil attacks Franklin.

See the pattern...?
Old 05-10-2016, 03:38 AM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
This is just too funny. I used the "Contact AMA" feature to tell them about the messed up links in their own press release on their own website. So I go back this morning to check. They fixed only one of them. The top one works, and correctly sends the browser to sUAS.modelaircraft.org

But the bottom one, despite saying sUAS.modelaircraft.org, it actually still sends the browser to an incorrect URL: www.sUAS.modelaircraft.org - which of course does not exist. (RC Pilot 007 you reading this?)

When I was a junior officer, I worked for a CO that would describe such organizations as "Unable to find their a** with both hands and a flashlight."
I think that you should have considered yourself lucky. I knew some CO's & NCO's, that were unable to even find their flashlights.
Old 05-10-2016, 07:05 AM
RC Pilot 007

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SunDevilPilot
Franklin M is captious. Serves no purpose but to trash on the people who are out to help him.

Making some really positive additions to this site. Good work!

Yet another thread to unsubscribe to.

SunDevilPilot
neu hear and pattren vry easy to see
Old 05-10-2016, 07:53 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by combatpigg

See the pattern...?
When people can't engage on the facts, in this case the crappy website paid for with our membership $$, then they obfuscate by attacking the messenger.

We can only conclude that such indivuals are perfectly ok with AMA spending money on ineffective websites.
Old 05-10-2016, 11:25 AM
combatpigg

When people can't engage on the facts, in this case the crappy website paid for with our membership $$, then they obfuscate by attacking the messenger.

We can only conclude that such indivuals are perfectly ok with AMA spending money on ineffective websites.
BINGO...!
In some union organizations that end up bankrupt with failed pension funds, etc. it's the Rank and File members who fail to question the direction / competence of their leadership who are to blame.
You can see the same undying, non-critical, obedient, sheepish, unquestioning loyalty playing out here.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:01 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

BINGO...!
In some union organizations that end up bankrupt with failed pension funds, etc. it's the Rank and File members who fail to question the direction / competence of their leadership who are to blame.
You can see the same undying, non-critical, obedient, sheepish, unquestioning loyalty playing out here.
Is the alternative to hammer away nonstop at the AMA no matter what they do, including calling for things to change that have happened in the past? I haven't seen anything to the level you noted there, folks have taken many different positions on many issues. It is possible to have nuanced views without being all for, or against something. Isn't that the actual purpose of taking a critical view of something?

Would you agree that getting more involved with the AMA might effect more change rather than just complaining about them? I know it's not a viable option for everyone, but absent another entity out there to be involved with, what is your proposed solution?

The AMA can only fight so many battles, a lot of issues are happening at a local level and need the involvement of local clubs and members.
Old 05-10-2016, 01:14 PM
cj_rumley

The crappy website is there to sell something, and whatever it is it has certainly cost a lot more than the website did. I didn't dig too far into what the product is, as the website had enough dead-end URLs to cause me to lose interest in finding out. I get the feeling that website quality may well portend the value of the product it is supposed to push. IOW, Truth in Advertising. I'm good with that.
Old 05-10-2016, 02:58 PM
RC Pilot 007

Originally Posted by CESSNA 421
Just a thought....since we all don't think very highly of drones or foamy models why not change the club rules to ban foamy models and drones at your field?
may be u try let us now how work 4 you club

faa say all rc plane helli drone to
Old 05-10-2016, 03:17 PM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
The crappy website is there to sell something, and whatever it is it has certainly cost a lot more than the website did. I didn't dig too far into what the product is, as the website had enough dead-end URLs to cause me to lose interest in finding out. I get the feeling that website quality may well portend the value of the product it is supposed to push. IOW, Truth in Advertising. I'm good with that.
Yeah...I noticed that they changed the words in the big picture to the left top...it's no longer what to know before you fly, it's now "AMA has you covered." Interesting, as the product seems to be selling AMA more than anything, with the token nod to safety near the bottom on the right with the "What to know before you fly" -- which really doesn't answer that question but steers you instead to a pretty poorly designed sharepoint type site. That's also changed since I started posting - so apparently someone at AMA is reading these.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:22 PM
franklin_m

OMG, the new "Know before you fly" site I mentioned above is even worse! Here's a screenshot from the very first link I spot checked...airspace. Mind you, this is the first time I've clicked on that link, yet it tells me I've seen more than one page already!

So I clicked on the "Know before you fly" arrow at the top...and it took me to another page where they couldn't even spell "Civil" correctly!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-05-10_15-21-02.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	153.4 KB
ID:	2161943   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-05-10_15-23-27b.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	95.1 KB
ID:	2161945  

Last edited by franklin_m; 05-10-2016 at 03:26 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 03:48 PM
SunDevilPilot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

See the pattern...?
Not an attack, an opinion. Find me one post Franklin has made that has anything to do with model aviation, such as a build thread or his favorite model. I did, and in the 40 pages of posts, there is not one pertaining to anything but complaining. He is obviously captious.

I will admit, Franklin and I are very unlikely to be friends. Our personalities are obviously different.

SunDevilPilot
Old 05-10-2016, 04:42 PM
franklin_m

...Find me one post Franklin has made that has anything to do with model aviation, such as a build thread or his favorite model. I did, and in the 40 pages of posts, there is not one pertaining to anything but complaining....
Here's four quick examples that prove what you said is patently false...

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-2-...dow-sqeal.html
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-2-...ml#post8007334
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/sugg...ety-forum.html
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/1-2-...ml#post6744267

Last edited by franklin_m; 05-10-2016 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 05:58 PM
RC Pilot 007

Not an attack, an opinion. Find me one post Franklin has made that has anything to do with model aviation, such as a build thread or his favorite model. I did, and in the 40 pages of posts, there is not one pertaining to anything but complaining. He is obviously captious.

I will admit, Franklin and I are very unlikely to be friends. Our personalities are obviously different.

SunDevilPilot
+1
Old 05-10-2016, 07:31 PM
skylark-flier

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

His own references - not very current, I think.

SDP, IMHO, you're pretty close.

But, who am I to say? I'm just one of those who try to stay current around here.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:09 PM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by skylark-flier
Whether something is recent is not germane to the discussion. What he actually said was "... in the 40 pages of posts, there is not one pertaining to anything but complaining [emphasis added]."

Which is a demonstrably false statement.

I fly very little FW these days, and even when I did fly them exclusively, I rarely posted here. Never really had a need. However, this is one place where there are dedicated AMA forums.

Last edited by franklin_m; 05-10-2016 at 08:13 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:19 PM
SunDevilPilot

Been nice chatting Franklin. I can now, thanks to a few others, realize the error in my thinking. I didn't search beyond the 40 pages of complaint posting spanning nearly a decade to find the four posts you made that actually pertain to the enjoyment of model aviation. Then again one was about a broken motor. So maybe three. No wait, the other was complaining about no safety forum, so two.

SunDevilPilot

Last edited by SunDevilPilot; 05-10-2016 at 08:22 PM.
Old 05-10-2016, 08:42 PM
combatpigg

Franklin M is captious. Serves no purpose but to trash on the people who are out to help him.

Making some really positive additions to this site. Good work!

Yet another thread to unsubscribe to.

SunDevilPilot
Not an attack..?
The only person you are fooling is yourself.
So, how many recent posts in other forums does SunDevil require RCU members to have in order to be qualified to post in this forum...?
Old 05-11-2016, 04:38 AM
franklin_m

Been nice chatting Franklin. I can now, thanks to a few others, realize the error in my thinking. I didn't search beyond the 40 pages of complaint posting spanning nearly a decade to find the four posts you made that actually pertain to the enjoyment of model aviation. Then again one was about a broken motor. So maybe three. No wait, the other was complaining about no safety forum, so two.

SunDevilPilot
Again, your words "not one"....which was a completely false statement.
Old 05-11-2016, 05:10 AM
RC Pilot 007

Originally Posted by skylark-flier

SDP, IMHO, you're pretty close.

But, who am I to say? I'm just one of those who try to stay current around here.
+1

2007 veri old
Old 05-11-2016, 05:10 AM
RC Pilot 007

SunDevilPilot
+1
Old 05-11-2016, 06:10 AM
franklin_m

SunDevilPilot
CP raises a good question...will your highness please share with us the criteria someone must meet before you will anoint them with your royal permission to comment on an organization that collects money from many of us?
Old 05-11-2016, 08:13 AM
SunDevilPilot

CP raises a good question...will your highness please share with us the criteria someone must meet before you will anoint them with your royal permission to comment on an organization that collects money from many of us?
No thanks, it would serve no purpose.
Old 05-12-2016, 05:43 PM
RC Pilot 007

+1
Old 05-13-2016, 02:36 PM
combatpigg

It serves no purpose for you to further embarrass yourself.
Old 05-13-2016, 03:13 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

It serves no purpose for you to further embarrass yourself.
A contrary position, laid out without personal attacks I would add, is hardly something he or anyone should be embarrassed about.

This is the exact kind of response that keeps folks from posting and trying to have a discussion.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.