Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

STOP the emails

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

STOP the emails

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2016, 02:15 PM
acerc

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default STOP the emails

It is time to collectively get together and visit our reps, either in Washington or their state. There are enough of us that we should be able to band together a few hundred and picket, protest, or whatever you want to call it. I am advocating for this on other forums as well. If we want to keep our hobby we have to stop emailing, stop the letters, and quit entrusting the AMA. We have got to get off the keyboards, out of our last chairs, and literally go see them in person.
It is up to us so let's start this into some form of direction, plan and act on it together. Other groups do similar and get want they, now it is our turn.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:27 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

"The Million Modeler March on Washington DC"

We'd all end up getting clubbed like seals and dragged away for our blubber ..... Eww ....
Old 04-21-2016, 02:30 PM
acerc

And that is exactly the attitude that will get our hobby abolished. I know you were more than likely joking but it is time to stop and get real.
I not only would make a trip to Washington but bring my trailer and push my biggest aircraft ahead of me in the streets with a sign attached "This is not a drone but a model aircraft".
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2 Copy.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	2158385  

Last edited by acerc; 04-21-2016 at 02:41 PM.
Old 04-21-2016, 02:40 PM
init4fun

Originally Posted by acerc
And that is exactly the attitude that will get our hobby abolished. I know you were more than likely joking but it is time to stop and get real.
I not only would make a trip to Washington but bring my trailer and push my biggest aircraft ahead of me in the streets with a sign attached "This is not a drone but a model aircraft".
Honestly Ace , I really and truly DO believe if a group of concerned modelers were to band together and iron out a reasonable and non confrontational presentation on the state of where model aviation could be headed under the present path , and requested audience with and presented this well thought out dissertation to the lawmakers involved , yes that would be a very positive thing indeed . It was the whole "picket and protest" thing that gave me a chuckle , if handled correctly such pedestrian measures shouldn't need to be resorted to .
Old 04-21-2016, 02:46 PM
acerc

I do not mean a literal protest but a legal, permitted, show of solidarity, assembly at the steps. Imagine the press if a couple hundred, to several hundred, of us showed up with our good stuff and best behavior to peacefully voice our concerns. I would have to imagine our reps as well as the FAA would have to reconsider their position on modelling after our faces and objection's are posted all over the news circuit.
Old 04-21-2016, 03:17 PM
bokuda
My Feedback: (7)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm in. Let's go.
Old 04-21-2016, 09:39 PM
Sport_Pilot

Or maybe it's time to sell all of my planes and modeling equipment and use it to help buy a bunker. There are a lot worse things going on out there.
Old 04-22-2016, 06:16 AM
Silent-AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by acerc
And this is EXACTLY the campaign I feel the AMA should have pursued from Day One. Awesome Pitts there as well!!
Old 04-22-2016, 11:32 AM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

How about we start by not voting for those who haven't met a regulation or tax they didn't like? They ones calling for regulations on hobbies and sporting activities, and even more taxing the half of the people that are already paying the tax bill while the other half gets more than they paid in all together back every year at tax time.
They are all members of the same party that want the above, but everyone is determined to keep electing them because they falsely assume the other party are these evil rich white people that only want to give rich people more money, because they believe everything they hear, even though that entire premise is based on focus group tested talking points to get people to do their will.
Old 04-22-2016, 01:29 PM
init4fun

Originally Posted by Desertlakesflying
How about we start by not voting for those who haven't met a regulation or tax they didn't like? They ones calling for regulations on hobbies and sporting activities, and even more taxing the half of the people that are already paying the tax bill while the other half gets more than they paid in all together back every year at tax time.
They are all members of the same party that want the above, but everyone is determined to keep electing them because they falsely assume the other party are these evil rich white people that only want to give rich people more money, because they believe everything they hear, even though that entire premise is based on focus group tested talking points to get people to do their will.

It's not politics . It's money . It's the fact that a politician can take in more PAC money in one month than he/she would make in 20 years of "honest" work , and that money skews the system away from what's right to what's paid for .

AND BOTH PRESENT DAY POLITICAL PARTIES ARE GUILTY !!!

As a not so rich* old white guy I am planning on voting for the only self funded candidate in the race , but I've no blinders on to the fact that the party he's hitched his wagon to ain't squeaky clean in the latest regulatory flurry . The Patriot act ring any bells here ?

* pretty much the middle rung of the ever so disappearing middle class !

Last edited by init4fun; 04-22-2016 at 01:32 PM.
Old 04-22-2016, 04:00 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R
And this is EXACTLY the campaign I feel the AMA should have pursued from Day One. Awesome Pitts there as well!!
How was that supposed to work? Have they not been trying to carve out exceptions and work on this issue from day one?
Old 04-23-2016, 08:12 AM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
"The Million Modeler March on Washington DC"

We'd all end up getting clubbed like seals and dragged away for our blubber ..... Eww ....
LOL

BUT !!! Not if we could get the NRA to join us !!!
Old 05-02-2016, 09:26 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Granpooba
LOL

BUT !!! Not if we could get the NRA to join us !!!
Not sure there would be any interest on their part. I'm sure all their lobbying funds are allocated to support their own efforts.