Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Send " Model Aviation " to Congress & Senate

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Send " Model Aviation " to Congress & Senate

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 02:14 PM
thepamster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CESSNA 421
I'm all for sending a useless magazine to the Congress. I have unsuccessful tried for years to get the AMA to stop sending the useless magazine to me. When I get it I immediately toss it into the trash can.
Save a tree, choose digital subscription. Then you can forward it to trash as spam.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:01 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcmiket
I'd be more than happy to send mine but would they actually read it?

Mike
Why not donate it to a school instead and save the postage

Originally Posted by Granpooba
Not sure. That is I am not sure our representatives in Washington can read ............... LOL

Also, if your happen to catch the most recent " 60 Minutes ", or even the news, you will find out that our representatives are to busy spending half of their time on the phones soliciting dollars for their party and re-elections
A sad state of affairs thanks to Citizens United.
Great Idea !! But what do you do, add a note that says, " This Was Model Aviation " ?
Now now...it's actually the present, and the future. It's progress my friend, something the hobby always has adapted to....and NEEDS to in order to survive, or perhaps thrive.

Originally Posted by thepamster
Nice thought but I wonder when was the last time a senator actually opened and read the mail to his/her office. I would bet a very long time.
Oh they open their mail. Typically you'll get a nice canned response, and then suddenly you start getting campaign literature and phone calls, and e-mails asking for donations.
Old 04-26-2016, 03:06 AM
porcia83
Banned

I'd be more than happy to send mine but would they actually read it?

Mike
Not sure. That is I am not sure our representatives in Washington can read ............... LOL

Also, if your happen to catch the most recent " 60 Minutes ", or even the news, you will find out that our representatives are to busy spending half of their time on the phones soliciting dollars for their party and re-elections
Great Idea !! But what do you do, add a note that says, " This Was Model Aviation " ?
Originally Posted by thepamster
Nice thought but I wonder when was the last time a senator actually opened and read the mail to his/her office. I would bet a very long time.
Originally Posted by CESSNA 421
I'm all for sending a useless magazine to the Congress. I have unsuccessful tried for years to get the AMA to stop sending the useless magazine to me. When I get it I immediately toss it into the trash can.
Not sure who you spoke to, or who you wrote to in the past. I called the AMA yesterday and spoke with Lisa Johnson. She said she takes care of member's requests for cancellation. Just send her an e-mail with your name and AMA number and she will cancel the subscriptions. Her direct number is listed on the AMA website.

[email protected]
Old 04-26-2016, 03:14 AM
OldRookie
My Feedback: (13)

I switched over to the digital magazine for the same reason. I never read the magazine and trashed it after paging through. Very seldom anything worth reading. I haven't even looked at a digital issue in 10 months...Ha.

Happy Trees for Bob Ross.

Greg
Old 04-26-2016, 04:27 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

I get both the digital and print editions and make every effort to read it when it arrives. I often throw it in the car and read it between flights at the field.

They are always looking for authors so if there's something your want to see why not write it and get it published? Getting published make s a great addition to your resume as well.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:35 AM
rcjetflyer0718-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Yeah, but look at that beautiful flying site that we pay for them to enjoy- and they don't even pay club dues!
I've been a member of clubs on both coasts and in every club the officers and executive board did not pay club dues. I am not a fan of the current AMA board I think the ones who promoted the drones ought to resign.
Old 04-26-2016, 11:57 AM
dwaynenancy
My Feedback: (62)

Can't please ALL but can please a few. If you don't like it, join in and change it.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:12 PM
TimJ

Doing something like this could help shine a light and destroy preconceived notions of what our hobby is all about. Could not hurt a single bit!!!

Hell, why not as members we do this on our own? Every month send your issue to a new rep.
Old 04-26-2016, 12:40 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by TimJ
Doing something like this could help shine a light and destroy preconceived notions of what our hobby is all about. Could not hurt a single bit!!!

Hell, why not as members we do this on our own? Every month send your issue to a new rep.
Do not see any harm in doing so ........ After a few months of being swamped with magazines, some representative may say ........ " I'm tired of all these magazines " , leave those folks alone and maybe they will stop sending them.
Old 04-26-2016, 01:08 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by rcjetflyer0718-RCU
I've been a member of clubs on both coasts and in every club the officers and executive board did not pay club dues. I am not a fan of the current AMA board I think the ones who promoted the drones ought to resign.
Been a board member at my club for 4 years, still pay the dues, even landing fees at our own club events.
Originally Posted by dwaynenancy
Can't please ALL but can please a few. If you don't like it, join in and change it.
Boy do you have that right. No matter what decision is made at the club or AMA level, it's not going to make everyone happy. Couldn't agree more about getting more involved if one doesn't like what's going on. For many, it's just easier to complain. Getting involved and trying to effect change is a whole different story.
Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
I get both the digital and print editions and make every effort to read it when it arrives. I often throw it in the car and read it between flights at the field.

They are always looking for authors so if there's something your want to see why not write it and get it published? Getting published make s a great addition to your resume as well.
As usual, you are correct! I've submitted 4 articles over the past 6 years,got two of them published.
Old 04-27-2016, 04:44 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Do not see any harm in doing so ........ After a few months of being swamped with magazines, some representative may say ........ " I'm tired of all these magazines " , leave those folks alone and maybe they will stop sending them.
Now there's a plan of attack!
Old 04-29-2016, 02:16 PM
RC Pilot 007

why dont u run against them an take over job if u dont like how they do there job?
Old 04-29-2016, 02:49 PM
rcmiket

Just flipping thought the latest AMA mag. Do we really want to send them a magazine that has a article saying that FPV Is " The next big thing in RC" ( page 85). Since that's a pretty hot topic in the regulations being written now?

Mike
Old 04-29-2016, 03:22 PM
rcjetflyer0718-RCU
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RC Pilot 007
why dont u run against them an take over job if u dont like how they do there job?
If you knew anything about the AMA you would know the answer. Names placed on ballets are chosen by the people you are trying to replace. I wouldn't want to replace my district X VP because he is one of the few on the board who were fighting for the members and not for corporations and line their own pocket.
Old 04-29-2016, 05:22 PM
porcia83
Banned

Just flipping thought the latest AMA mag. Do we really want to send them a magazine that has a article saying that FPV Is " The next big thing in RC" ( page 85). Since that's a pretty hot topic in the regulations being written now?

Mike
Earlier in the thread you said you would be happy to send it, what has changed? Is FPV not the newest thing in RC right now, sure seems that way. All the events being hosted for this, the prize money etc etc....how is that going to be hidden from the folks in Washington?
Old 04-29-2016, 05:23 PM
porcia83
Banned

If you knew anything about the AMA you would know the answer. Names placed on ballets are chosen by the people you are trying to replace. I wouldn't want to replace my district X VP because he is one of the few on the board who were fighting for the members and not for corporations and line their own pocket.
That's not completely true. Do you understand how the nominating process works?
Old 04-29-2016, 06:14 PM
RC Pilot 007

so no one ever replaced then?

who on board get line pocket by corp? my pocket need line to
Old 04-30-2016, 03:28 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by RC Pilot 007
so no one ever replaced then?

who on board get line pocket by corp? my pocket need line to
Guess who just made my ignore list?

Mike
Old 05-02-2016, 03:16 AM
porcia83
Banned

Mike
So the alternative is to try to hide it, as if they don't realize MR FPV is popular. I know some folks try extra hard not to recognize that FPV is popular and growing, and think it's just a flash in the pan, but it's hear to stay.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:50 PM
RC Pilot 007

anyone send it yet? any response?