Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

I think I find this repulsive......

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

I think I find this repulsive......

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2016, 11:09 AM
Jaybird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Really? When's the last time you had a 2 pound "bug" with lots of hard plastic and sharp metal parts smack your windshield as you were moving along at 70 miles an hour down the highway? When's the last time you had an RC model of any kind (air, water or ground) hit you at full speed while you were standing still?

Jaybird

Last edited by Jaybird; 05-02-2016 at 12:43 PM.
Old 05-02-2016, 11:39 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaybird
Really? When's the last time you a 2 pound "bug" with lots of hard plastic and sharp metal parts smack your windshield as you were moving along at 70 miles an hour down the highway? When's the last time you had an RC model of any kind (air, water or ground) hit you at full speed while you were standing still?

Jaybird
Yea , our buddy Sport seems to harbor this far FAR out there notion that an aircraft in flight is an armored fortress that you could bounce a Volkswagen off the nose of , and end up with two halves of Bug and a perfectly intact airplane .

Those of us who know better have tried to council him , but as yet to no avail .........
Old 05-02-2016, 12:56 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Jaybird
Really? When's the last time you had a 2 pound "bug" with lots of hard plastic and sharp metal parts smack your windshield as you were moving along at 70 miles an hour down the highway? When's the last time you had an RC model of any kind (air, water or ground) hit you at full speed while you were standing still?

Jaybird
NEVER !! But I lived in Maine and was stationed at Dow Air Force Base. Realized that anything can happen in Maine. LOL

Just kidding, buddy ! Love the state and still have many friends there.
Old 05-02-2016, 01:02 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Caused by the irresponsible "drone" operators. It's really rather simple.

Mike
Amazing to still see the blame game being played, and pointed at a completely wrong party. Do you really think all of this happening is because of a few errant drone pilots? The commercialization of these has nothing to do with it at all? How that can facet be overlooked?
Old 05-02-2016, 01:04 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by rgburrill
And now we have the first drone used for a delivery being put in the Smithsonian.
Not a bad idea, we have a fictional character's chair already there (Archie Bunker)...so why not a drone?
Old 05-02-2016, 04:43 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

=
When a single facepalm just isn't enough..........
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	triple-facepalm.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	2160588  
Attached Images  
Old 05-02-2016, 05:35 PM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by combatpigg
=
When a single facepalm just isn't enough..........
Who comes up with moronic tag lines like "Drones are good?" If the AMA paid someone for that, they should ask for a refund.
Old 05-02-2016, 05:38 PM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Who comes up with moronic tag lines like "Drones are good?" If the AMA paid someone for that, they should ask for a refund.
Ya think? That's embarrassing.

Mike
Old 05-02-2016, 06:48 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Originally Posted by rcmiket
Ya think? That's embarrassing.

Mike
Feel free to ask for refunds...meanwhile, your suggestions would be.........what?

Also...are they not good in any way, or will be still be clinging to the DRONE=BAD theme for the foreseeable future?

Meanwhile, here they are doing more repulsive things...oh the horror!

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/these-dron...ook-1774340050
Old 05-02-2016, 07:14 PM
52larry52
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

"They (AMA) should ask for a refund"??? Maybe "WE" (model airplane flying members) should ask for a refund !!
Old 05-02-2016, 07:32 PM
52larry52

Right after posting my knee jerk reaction "We should ask for a refund" remark above, I went to the AMA site and couldn't find anything about a "National Drone Day" or the " drones are good" logo. Have I just been had or are they for real? Where did this information come from?
Old 05-02-2016, 09:23 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 52larry52
Right after posting my knee jerk reaction "We should ask for a refund" remark above, I went to the AMA site and couldn't find anything about a "National Drone Day" or the " drones are good" logo. Have I just been had or are they for real? Where did this information come from?
Well...if this is a prank, then that would restore some of my faith in the AMA... microscopically.
Old 05-03-2016, 03:09 AM
rcmiket

http://www.modelaircraft.org/

http://www.internationaldroneday.com/

Front page of the AMA website. kinda hard to miss.

Mike
Old 05-03-2016, 07:49 AM
RC Pilot 007

same pity party every thred

anyone still fly? i try go out every week to club field
Old 05-03-2016, 08:08 AM
raptureboy

THAT'S IT! It was right before us in plain site. The whole thing is a big government plot. They knew that is they could just spook us all a little we would all spend our time on forums, *itching over the drones and regulations and stop flying altogether. Dang, how could I have been so fooled. I better get my planes and head for the field before everyone else figures it out and then I will have to fight for a parking spot.
Old 05-03-2016, 08:12 AM
Jaybird

It's a banner ad and only shows for a few seconds before flipping to the next ad. If you wait for it, it will come around to view.

Jaybird
Old 05-03-2016, 12:38 PM
porcia83
Banned

"They (AMA) should ask for a refund"??? Maybe "WE" (model airplane flying members) should ask for a refund !!
You can do that, and then quit the AMA too. I think more than one person has requested a refund from the AMA and they issued it. Why be part of something so horrible.
Old 05-03-2016, 01:35 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Its on the AMA page that was just emailed to me. It is right above ......... Buy an AMA Flag. Yea right like that is going to happen. Snowball in hell stands a better chance of staying frozen.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:18 PM
52larry52

Yea, it's for real! I didn't find it last night on the AMA web site (Jaybird says it only shows for a few seconds) but like Grandpooba, I got it on an AMA email this afternoon!! There it is, straight from the CBO, "National Drone Day May 7th" & "Drones are good" on an AMA logo. Wow! Boy are we shooting ourselves in the foot, no, make that "both feet" as we now don't have a leg to stand on trying to separate ourselves from from the problem, DRONES. And yes, I will fly this weekend but it will be a couple of model AIRPLANES not some G/D DRONE. Gota a Cub and an Extra 300 and maybe a Cessna on the "needs to be flown" list. Cheers & smooth flying to all.
Old 05-03-2016, 02:39 PM
porcia83
Banned

Yea, it's for real! I didn't find it last night on the AMA web site (Jaybird says it only shows for a few seconds) but like Grandpooba, I got it on an AMA email this afternoon!! There it is, straight from the CBO, "National Drone Day May 7th" & "Drones are good" on an AMA logo. Wow! Boy are we shooting ourselves in the foot, no, make that "both feet" as we now don't have a leg to stand on trying to separate ourselves from from the problem, DRONES. And yes, I will fly this weekend but it will be a couple of model AIRPLANES not some G/D DRONE. Gota a Cub and an Extra 300 and maybe a Cessna on the "needs to be flown" list. Cheers & smooth flying to all.
Don't forget your Warbird...gotta have a P-51 in there somewhere right?
Old 05-03-2016, 04:19 PM
cj_rumley

Not really any news here, Larry. More like a statement by Dronz R Us outing themselves for those that had not yet caught on to what their new orientation is. Expect the drone crap is gonna get deeper henceforth.
Old 05-03-2016, 05:56 PM
porcia83
Banned

Ya...at the end of the AMA it would be better for the AMA to completely ignore the biggest thing happening in the hobby over the past 4 years. Great plan for them, why not focus on Nitro powered scratch built warbirds, those are a big hit now right? Or perhaps some nice free flight models, or better yet control line, that's all the rage this year.

Amazing to watch the collective resistance to change. At least in some places.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:24 AM
CESSNA 421
My Feedback: (17)

Here is a story out of St. Louis.
http://www.ksdk.com/news/local/drone...ters/167104711

I guess this is something the AMA will try and "White Wash" away.
Old 05-04-2016, 04:33 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by CESSNA 421

Remember "DRONES ARE GOOD"

Mike
Old 05-04-2016, 05:47 AM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by CESSNA 421

I suppose they were too busy to notice, after all they had to take care of their top priority - appropriating $100K for their personal flying field in Muncie

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.