Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Awful new AMA sUAS website

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Awful new AMA sUAS website

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2016, 12:52 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RC Pilot 007
u have choice

u no like ama dont be member

tax payr have no choice. we stuck paying 4 humV drop done by professional

only guy at bottom get in trouble oficer get bonus, metal, promotion

I guess you didn't read the part about the O-10 (that means OFFICER by the way) being retired as an O-6. Or seen the news about the OFFICER being fired over the whole Iran thing.
Old 05-16-2016, 09:23 PM
SunDevilPilot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by combatpigg
The phrase "The pot calling the kettle black" is an idiom used to claim that a person is guilty of the very thing of which they accuse another.
Ok

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpeg
Views:	48
Size:	159.5 KB
ID:	2162880  
Old 05-17-2016, 07:05 AM
CESSNA 421
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a bit off topic for this forum's subject however I have seen a lot of folks on RCUniverse and RCgroups that are buying/selling/building big dollar airplanes. Do they not know or am I missing something in that our hobby is about to end as we know it and all of these models will be best used to start a fire in our fireplaces? This is a legitimate question and if anyone else has some insider information that see's our hobby continuing in the future in light of all of the negative legislation that will prove to be cost prohibitive to our hobby please enlighten me since I can't seem to find it.
Old 05-17-2016, 07:10 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by CESSNA 421
This is a bit off topic for this forum's subject however I have seen a lot of folks on RCUniverse and RCgroups that are buying/selling/building big dollar airplanes. Do they not know or am I missing something in that our hobby is about to end as we know it and all of these models will be best used to start a fire in our fireplaces? This is a legitimate question and if anyone else has some insider information that see's our hobby continuing in the future in light of all of the negative legislation that will prove to be cost prohibitive to our hobby please enlighten me since I can't seem to find it.
It depends on who wins the election.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:24 AM
franklin_m

I'm not claiming to be in the know by any means, but just looking at the macro factors:
- Need AMA or "AMA type" field to fly large planes in most cases
- AMA may have lost 200 clubs last year, which would mean loss of about that many flying fields
- Altitude limitations are real (e.g. DS SFRA)
- KnowB4UFly shows that no flight is allowed inside some parts of class B airspace (e.g. parts of IAD-DCA-BWI area)

All of this means longer drives to get to suitable fields. If you live in Muncie I suppose you're fine, but for the rest of us around the country, it's a balance between suitable fields and time and effort to get to them.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:41 AM
franklin_m

Out of curiosity, I used the "WHOIS" search to see if I could find out who owns the international drone day URL. Got this:

Registrant Name: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0138692557
Registrant Organization: Contact Privacy Inc. Customer 0138692557
Registrant Email: [email protected]
(a Canadian company)

Down below it says: "This domain's privacy is protected by contactprivacy.com"

Anyone else find the secrecy interesting?
Old 05-17-2016, 10:57 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by franklin_m
Out of curiosity, I used the "WHOIS" search to see if I could find out who owns the international drone day URL. Got this:

(a Canadian company)

No...only you..or maybe one or two other people. Always a conspiracy. If it was hosted by GoDaddy would that be better or would they get blamed for going that route?
Old 05-17-2016, 11:00 AM
porcia83
Banned

Doesn't matter who wind the election....irrelevant. people get bored with their stuff and want to sell. People want something new..or at least new to them...and they buy. It's as simple as that. And it's a good time to be a buyer if used RC stuff...sells for pennies on the dollar

The hobby isn't going anywhere notwithstanding the cries of the end is near. Go fly and have fun!!!
Old 05-17-2016, 11:15 AM
Sport_Pilot

(a Canadian company)

No. Whats with this barking up every tree lately? None of them the right tree either.
Old 05-17-2016, 11:17 AM
Sport_Pilot

I'm not claiming to be in the know by any means, but just looking at the macro factors:
- Need AMA or "AMA type" field to fly large planes in most cases
- AMA may have lost 200 clubs last year, which would mean loss of about that many flying fields
- Altitude limitations are real (e.g. DS SFRA)
- KnowB4UFly shows that no flight is allowed inside some parts of class B airspace (e.g. parts of IAD-DCA-BWI area)

All of this means longer drives to get to suitable fields. If you live in Muncie I suppose you're fine, but for the rest of us around the country, it's a balance between suitable fields and time and effort to get to them.

AMA did not lose 200 clubs. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they added clubs. These clubs are just late paying their fee.

So what tree will you bark up next?
Old 05-17-2016, 11:22 AM
SunDevilPilot

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

(a Canadian company)

If you would have spent an additional 30 seconds hitting the "About Us" button you would have learned who started the event / site. Doesn't seem very "Secret" to me. There is even photos of the secret agents. (Unless they are secret Government actors).

This doesn't fit with your conspiracy hunting, but oh well.

SunDevilPilot

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2016-05-17 at 12.18.02 PM (2).png
Views:	68
Size:	680.3 KB
ID:	2162993  
Old 05-17-2016, 12:36 PM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
AMA did not lose 200 clubs. In fact I wouldn't be surprised if they added clubs. These clubs are just late paying their fee.

So what tree will you bark up next?
The one that wonders if you have the integrity to apologize after accusing me of lying to a staffer - when I proved that I did not. You've been curiously silent, so perhaps that answers my question.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:39 PM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by SunDevilPilot
If you would have spent an additional 30 seconds hitting the "About Us" button you would have learned who started the event / site. Doesn't seem very "Secret" to me. There is even photos of the secret agents. (Unless they are secret Government actors).

SunDevilPilot

Yeah, a husband and wife team just out of the blue decide to set up an international drone day ... complete with extensive use of AMA logos and such. Sure appears like an echo chamber.
Old 05-17-2016, 12:50 PM
porcia83
Banned

Yeah, a husband and wife team just out of the blue decide to set up an international drone day ... complete with extensive use of AMA logos and such. Sure appears like an echo chamber.
Or Star Chamber!
Old 05-17-2016, 01:02 PM
porcia83
Banned

http://amablog.modelaircraft.org/eve...great-success/

Perhaps the awful new website helped get the word out, over 150 events took place. Not a bad start. Less than 300 clubs participated in the Model Aviation Day, perhaps a new website for that event is in order.
Old 05-17-2016, 01:40 PM
RC Pilot 007

why not every one like $

what this thred acomplish?
Old 05-17-2016, 01:43 PM
RC Pilot 007

Originally Posted by SunDevilPilot

SunDevilPilot

i see very easy find out
Old 05-17-2016, 01:52 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

The one that wonders if you have the integrity to apologize after accusing me of lying to a staffer - when I proved that I did not. You've been curiously silent, so perhaps that answers my question.
Looks like Franklin lied to the Senate Staffer. Though not on purpose. The AMA has no policy that you must be an AMA memeber to certify models greater than 55 pounds
Wrong.

See screenshot from exchange with Chad B at AMA HQ. He says explicitly that they will only certify member aircraft.

Originally Posted by init4fun
No such thing , ALL lies are purposeful , that's part of what makes them lies , that the person is knowingly presenting false information . So as such , he could have supplied either mistaken information , which of course would be "not on purpose" , and thus not a lie , or he could have knowingly supplied false information , which of course would have been a lie .

Gee Sport , I'm kinda surprised a wordsmith of your caliber would miss the obvious disconnect in your assertion that Franklin "lied" .....

Course , that's all a moot point , since Franklin's information , confirmed by his Email , sure looks plenty factual from here !
I believe that this series of posts plenty backs up Franklin's position here . Sport said Franklin lied , Franklin proved he did not lie , and so Sport owes Franklin an apology , pretty cut and dried , when ya come right down to it .
Old 05-17-2016, 02:00 PM
combatpigg
My Feedback: (3)

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by RC Pilot 007

what this thred acomplish?
This thread further exposes the same level of amateurish and incompetent leadership that has lead us into the predicament that we find ourselves in today with the government.

BTW, were YOU the one who came up with the "DRONES GOOD..!" slogan...?
Old 05-17-2016, 02:02 PM
RC Pilot 007

I believe that this series of posts plenty backs up Franklin's position here . Sport said Franklin lied , Franklin proved he did not lie , and so Sport owes Franklin an apology , pretty cut and dried , when ya come right down to it .
what court prove no lie

where say ama policy over 55#
Old 05-17-2016, 02:06 PM
Sport_Pilot

I never said he lied on purpose. So I owe no apology. Besides he was not entirely correct either. Do you see where membership is required in the following document? http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/520-a.pdf

So maybe some AMA member or employee said membership is required, but the rules do not state so. And as I said it is a matter of the inspector refusing to inspect, not official policy.
Old 05-17-2016, 02:08 PM
RC Pilot 007

Originally Posted by combatpigg
This thread further exposes the same level of amateurish and incompetent leadership that has lead us into the predicament that we find ourselves in today with the government.
speak 4 self

http://www.military.com/daily-news/2...op-fiasco.html
Old 05-17-2016, 02:10 PM
RC Pilot 007

I never said he lied on purpose. So I owe no apology. Besides he was not entirely correct either. Do you see where membership is required in the following document? http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/520-a.pdf

So maybe some AMA member or employee said membership is required, but the rules do not state so. And as I said it is a matter of the inspector refusing to inspect, not official policy.
+1

many time peeps just dont know when lying

or some time tell fib on purpose to make case
Old 05-17-2016, 02:12 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

PS , to those throwing around the troll label ,

I don't see any trolls here at all , maybe a sockpuppet or two but that besides the point , I see a bunch of guys who DO care about the AMA , and the problems arise when someone points out something they think isn't right and then gets dogpiled on , as Franlkin has here . Franklin IS right , the new UAS website IS "clunky" and poorly set up , and as a bunch of folks in a hobby as technology bound as ours is , we should be able to do better .

Yes , the AMA is a fine organization , that makes the occasional mistake as all Human run enterprises will at times do . If a man points out a legitimate mistake , it's just patently not right to attack him for pointing out the mistake ! Here's something great the AMA did , I just got an Email that this year $48K in scholarship money has been given out , with a total scholarship amount totaling $1 Million . That's great and to be commended ! But does it make up for the whole CBO gaffe ? Maybe to some , but since I call em like I see em , I'd say it's more like "two steps forward , two steps back" and I still say they sold us out in an attempt for total control over all UAS . Now if seeing both the good and the bad makes me a troll , well then I'll proudly stand with Franklin and CombatPigg and wear the label rather than continually assert that everything the AMA has ever done or will do is absolutely perfect when I see mistakes have been made .
Old 05-17-2016, 02:16 PM
franklin_m

"....some AMA member or employee said membership is required...."
I got news for you buddy, but when someone with the title "Public Affairs and Government Relations" posts a response to a question on the organization's website, he's speaking for the organization. It's the same comment as a the Press Secretary speaking for the President at the daily briefing, or the State Department Spokesman speaking for DoS. The organization's official spokesman speaks for the organization. And ... drum roll please... Chad B holds that title.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.