Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

What are you going to do after model planes?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

What are you going to do after model planes?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2016, 12:08 PM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by acerc
The proposed regulations regarding certification are not new. Giant scale (over 55lbs) have been doing it for years and it is not that big of a deal. I fall into the group that believes we will be able to continue on as near usual. Everything they are proposing is directed at sUAS's and we are just caught in the mix. Both versions contain the special rule to some degree, it is the build and certification aspect causing the fuss. But after all is said and done the FAA does have the ability/ authority to say we are not limiting R/C as long as (special conditions inserted here) are followed. Besides, if they take long enough to figure something out it will be time to start over with it again.
It won't be the AMA doing the certification, it will be the FAA. First no certification till they complete their 1000 page or so regulation which tells you all you need to know to design and build a balsa model that the FAA inspector will approve! That is after he disapproves it a dozen times for various arcane requirements. Wonder if oxygen tanks will be required?
Old 05-26-2016, 12:10 PM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by GerKonig
Not a drone, not RC, it's a kite. Fly their tail off...

Gerry
Just so happens they have a reg for kites and you may have been violating it. Well if you have ever anchored your kite to the ground while you napped, that is.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:28 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Just so happens they have a reg for kites and you may have been violating it. Well if you have ever anchored your kite to the ground while you napped, that is.
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t9kzVcrgSXU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Old 05-26-2016, 01:40 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Handed the reel to my wife on occasions, but never anchored it to the ground.
Old 05-26-2016, 01:42 PM
Granpooba
My Feedback: (5)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/t9kzVcrgSXU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
Would love to have it. That is not a kite, its a UFO.
Old 05-26-2016, 05:57 PM
Papa51
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

More model planes
Old 05-26-2016, 06:08 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by Papa51
More model planes
Ha, good point!
Old 07-01-2016, 12:52 PM
jollyroger
My Feedback: (6)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

In the old Soviet Union, R/C planes were outlawed.
Not sure about China though; there is a lot of R/C going on around the country there.
Anybody who continues to believe Uncle will be content with just registration ....just take a look around you and witness just how much Uncle has gotten involved with in ever increasing manner.
The take a look at the price of a new car.
No bureaucrat worth his or her salt ever stops at any given point. They have to keep going until they regulate something to death. They have to. It's how they justify their taxpayer supported jobs.
Old 07-01-2016, 01:28 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by jollyroger
Not sure about China though; there is a lot of R/C going on around the country there.
Anybody who continues to believe Uncle will be content with just registration ....just take a look around you and witness just how much Uncle has gotten involved with in ever increasing manner.
No bureaucrat worth his or her salt ever stops at any given point. They have to keep going until they regulate something to death. They have to. It's how they justify their taxpayer supported jobs.
Good point. We'd be so much better off w/o fuel efficient cars, w/o airbags, w/o anti-lock brakes, w/o seat belts, and w/o electric/hybrid vehicles. Heck, lets bring back the rear-end exploding Pintos and use them to replace everything on the road today.
Old 07-01-2016, 02:50 PM
GerKonig

Originally Posted by Chris P. Bacon
Good point. We'd be so much better off w/o fuel efficient cars, w/o airbags, w/o anti-lock brakes, w/o seat belts, and w/o electric/hybrid vehicles. Heck, lets bring back the rear-end exploding Pintos and use them to replace everything on the road today.
Yes, take away the cops on the roads and the red lights. After all, we can self-police ourselves... After all we have cameras in the intersection because we have red lights. No red light, no camera, no accidents... Self regulation! Yey! and no max or min speeds that causes accidents. I know, let's eliminate interactions because there is where the accidents happen...

Gerry
Old 07-01-2016, 04:24 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by GerKonig
Yes, take away the cops on the roads and the red lights. After all, we can self-police ourselves... After all we have cameras in the intersection because we have red lights. No red light, no camera, no accidents... Self regulation! Yey! and no max or min speeds that causes accidents. I know, let's eliminate interactions because there is where the accidents happen...

Gerry
LoL..great ideas!
Old 07-02-2016, 05:23 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by jollyroger
I don't believe that is true. They competed in FAI events and you see Soviet made RC engines on auction sites. Maybe that right was restricted in some ways, but it was not completely banned.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:17 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

All right gentlemen, let's please keep the thread on topic of RC planes and not politics. Politics is No-NO on RCU and if you insist of trying to keep talking about them then I will simply close the thread. But let's make it easy and stay away from that topic. You will notice a huge chunk of posts have disappeared because they had nothing to do with the thread and I deleted them.
Old 07-05-2016, 02:07 PM
GerKonig

Originally Posted by RCKen
All right gentlemen, let's please keep the thread on topic of RC planes and not politics. Politics is No-NO on RCU and if you insist of trying to keep talking about them then I will simply close the thread. But let's make it easy and stay away from that topic. You will notice a huge chunk of posts have disappeared because they had nothing to do with the thread and I deleted them.
Thank you for the reminder. But with a name like "What are you going to do.... " it is really hard to set boundaries:-)

Gerry
Old 07-09-2016, 04:40 AM
bokuda
My Feedback: (7)

Build toys for my grandson:

and whirligigs, which people are actually buying!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	20151124_142656.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	2172004   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160207_120430.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	38.3 KB
ID:	2172005   Click image for larger version

Name:	20160406_093022.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	2172006   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04881.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	38.9 KB
ID:	2172008   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04876.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	2172009   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC04877.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	46.3 KB
ID:	2172010  
Old 07-09-2016, 05:19 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by bokuda
Build toys for my grandson:

and whirligigs, which people are actually buying!

Very nice!