Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

FAA: CBO Membership NOT required to comply with 336

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

FAA: CBO Membership NOT required to comply with 336

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 05:57 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
Yes or no: Do you and crispy share the same bait bucket?

We already have one guy trying hard to derail any thread where he doesn't agree with everything written, will you be joining in?

If you can't handle the discussion, simply hit the Ignore function, or better yet the back key. What is so hard to understand about that? Notice who is in the threads running around name calling, etc etc? It's not me or Chris. So far it's you and one other. Ironic eh?

Notice how Franklin continues the conversation without having to sink to that level? Although we agree on some issues we disagree on others, and yet continue to have a conversation about it without turning into 12 year olds.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Athena-Wall-Mirror-P14123616.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	61.6 KB
ID:	2174542  

Last edited by porcia83; 07-26-2016 at 06:00 PM.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:03 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by franklin_m
No slip. Logic goes like this: Law says that you can't fly a "model aircraft" greater than 55lbs unless inspected by a CBO (a.k.a. AMA). AMA has told me directly they won't inspect non-member aircraft. Thus if I want to fly a model greater than 55lbs in the public airspace, I have to join AMA. So in fact, AMA is acting as a gatekeeper to what I can and cannot do in the airspace, and it's based on whether I pay them $75 or not.

So what was the context that explains the statement "We've made it clear, that to operate within our safety program, you must join the AMA and affirm your willingness to comply with our safety code and related safety guidelines. [emphasis added]"

How exactly am I misinterpreting that statement? It seems pretty clear.

And then there's this one....

"Chad Budreau July 12, 2016 at 13:13 Anyone is free to read and comply with parts of our safety program,but to fully satisfy all of 336 and to operate within AMA’s safety program you must be a member. [emphasis added]"

So now we have to misinterpret yet another statement? That one too seems pretty clear.

That is an impressive leap you've made there, but all the leaps and conclusions you make tend to end with AMA=Bad. I guess if you and one or two other (I see we have a noob joining the group lol) say it enough times, it will become fact.

I don't see it, so we'll chalk this up in the nah, let's agree to disagree column (is there room left?).
Old 07-26-2016, 06:05 PM
cj_rumley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83

We already have one guy trying hard to derail any thread where he doesn't agree with everything written, will you be joining in?

If you can't handle the discussion, simply hit the Ignore function, or better yet the back key. What is so hard about you people who love to call others Trolls while doing the exact thing, that is so hard to understand? A lack of common sense, or maturity?
I'm fine with the discussion. Not so much with the noise that some people interject to disrupt it when they have nothing to contribute to the topic, but nonetheless don't like what is being said.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:10 PM
porcia83
Banned

Default Do as I say, not as I do.

I'm fine with the discussion. Not so much with the noise that some people interject to disrupt it when they have nothing to contribute to the topic, but nonetheless don't like what is being said.
Speaking of noise....this has something to do with the thread, or just a way to interject and disrupt? But it's o/k for you to do it right?

Hit the Ignore function, it seems to work wonders for some.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:28 PM
cj_rumley

Speaking of noise....this has something to do with the thread, or just a way to interject and disrupt? But it's o/k for you to do it right?

Hit the Ignore function, it seems to work wonders for some.
Look in the mirror and repeat that. You and crispy have both said/implied/inferred the topic is a non-issue, with the usual veiled ad hom attacks and other attempts to kill any discussion of the topic. Invoke the ignore function, as you would have me do.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:30 PM
franklin_m

That is an impressive leap you've made there...
The logic is no leap, please point out the flaw:

- PL112-95 Section 336 (a)(3) says "the aircraft is limited to not more than 55 pounds unless otherwise certified through a design, construction, inspection, flight test, and operational safety program administered by a community-based organization;"

- The "community-based organization" says they will not certify non-member aircraft

- Therefore, a citizen cannot enjoy the privilege of flying an aircraft greater than 55lbs in the public airspace unless they pay $75 to a private dues collecting organization - the AMA.

I don't see it...
So does this mean you're not going to explain how I'm misinterpreting Chad's statement on the video? And not going to explain how I'm also misinterpreting his statement in his PM to me?
Old 07-26-2016, 06:40 PM
porcia83
Banned

Look in the mirror and repeat that. You and crispy have both said/implied/inferred the topic is a non-issue, with the usual veiled ad hom attacks and other attempts to kill any discussion of the topic. Invoke the ignore function, as you would have me do.
Wait...I continue to have a discussion with Franklin about the topic but I am also trying to kill any attempts to discuss the topic? How does that work? If you don't like my comments, either ignore them or go past them. Coming into a thread and starting a temper tantrum and going to name calling isn't helping at all, I certainly haven't done that here. I don't need to use the Ignore function, I can handle a contrary position or comment. Not an issue. Anything else you want to get off your chest?
Old 07-26-2016, 06:47 PM
cj_rumley

Wait...I continue to have a discussion with Franklin about the topic but I am also trying to kill any attempts to discuss the topic? How does that work? If you don't like my comments, either ignore them or go past them. Coming into a thread and starting a temper tantrum and going to name calling isn't helping at all, I certainly haven't done that here. I don't need to use the Ignore function, I can handle a contrary position or comment. Not an issue. Anything else you want to get off your chest?
No. Invoke the ignore function.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:50 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by franklin_m
The logic is no leap, please point out the flaw:

- PL112-95 Section 336 (a)(3) says "the aircraft is limited to not more than 55 pounds unless otherwise certified through a design, construction, inspection, flight test, and operational safety program administered by a community-based organization;"

- The "community-based organization" says they will not certify non-member aircraft

- Therefore, a citizen cannot enjoy the privilege of flying an aircraft greater than 55lbs in the public airspace unless they pay $75 to a private dues collecting organization - the AMA.

So does this mean you're not going to explain how I'm misinterpreting Chad's statement on the video? And not going to explain how I'm also misinterpreting his statement in his PM to me?
Outside of an admission that you fat fingered something or misspoke, you rarely agree with anything I say, not matter what it is. You've been playing word games for a couple of days on the "there is only so much that can be done"...that's a black and white issue..and we can't get even close to an agreement there. I disagree with your comments on Chad, that's all. I don't exactly see a groundswell of support for your position either, for what that's worth. But I think I even said we can agree to disagree no? At some point even I can spot a dead horse......imagine that? Plus, and more importantly, we're already seeing one person slowly unravel in front of us over the past few days, and now we have CJ jumping in to keep the fires stoked, I'm not really interested in having the thread descend into the usual "troll brothers" and "three amigos" rut. I guess you can keep asking the question, and if want, use my "refusal" to answer a question as some type of evidence of something.
Old 07-26-2016, 06:55 PM
porcia83
Banned

No. Invoke the ignore function.
What? huh? LOL.

Using that function is a complete cop out, an acknowledgement of failure, imo. Going on and on in multiple threads about using that is even more humiliating for the user as far as I'm concerned, it screams "look at me, I'm letting everyone know I can't handle discussing issues". I want to see everything written, even if it's not something I will agree with. I've learned a lot about my positions on things from seeing others. I only offer it up as an option, just like RCKen did, especially for those folks who like to focus on people, rather than their comments.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:09 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Last edited by init4fun; 08-15-2016 at 08:08 AM.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:17 PM
cj_rumley

What? huh? LOL.

Using that function is a complete cop out, an acknowledgement of failure, imo. Going on and on in multiple threads about using that is even more humiliating for the user as far as I'm concerned, it screams "look at me, I'm letting everyone know I can't handle discussing issues". I want to see everything written, even if it's not something I will agree with. I've learned a lot about my positions on things from seeing others. I only offer it up as an option, just like RCKen did, especially for those folks who like to focus on people, rather than their comments.
Outside of an admission that you fat fingered something or misspoke, you rarely agree with anything I say, not matter what it is. You've been playing word games for a couple of days on the "there is only so much that can be done"...that's a black and white issue..and we can't get even close to an agreement there. I disagree with your comments on Chad, that's all. I don't exactly see a groundswell of support for your position either, for what that's worth. But I think I even said we can agree to disagree no? At some point even I can spot a dead horse......imagine that? Plus, and more importantly, we're already seeing one person slowly unravel in front of us over the past few days, and now we have CJ jumping in to keep the fires stoked, I'm not really interested in having the thread descend into the usual "troll brothers" and "three amigos" rut. I guess you can keep asking the question, and if want, use my "refusal" to answer a question as some type of evidence of something.
Parse that and learn something about who you are, and how you are seen.by me, and perhaps one or two others.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:22 PM
init4fun

Last edited by init4fun; 08-15-2016 at 08:07 AM.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:25 PM
porcia83
Banned

Parse that and learn something about who you are, and how you are seen.by me, and perhaps one or two others.
That presumes I care about how I am seen by you, or anyone else here. I could care less. If you feel otherwise, more power to you. Thanks for the attempt at a life lesson though, seems pertinent for the thread topic. Shoot me some PM's if you want to continue the discussion, seems to be a more appropriate place than a thread about the FAA and CBOs, and bait buckets.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:27 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by init4fun
No , you don't focus on people , right ? Oh , gee , what's this ? Sure looks like your focusing on a person here , now don't it . Again , you are a hypocrite and a pompous one at that . Now , go twist this so that I'm angry , mistaken , "intolerant" , or whatever other BS you want to sling , but you ARE being seen for what you truly are here , like that or not .
I hope you feel better dude, really, I wish you nothing but the best.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:29 PM
init4fun

Last edited by init4fun; 08-15-2016 at 08:06 AM.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:37 PM
porcia83
Banned

I'm sure you do .....
I honestly do, at least we can agree with this. Have a good night!
Old 07-26-2016, 07:43 PM
init4fun

Last edited by init4fun; 08-15-2016 at 08:06 AM.
Old 07-26-2016, 07:51 PM
cj_rumley

That presumes I care about how I am seen by you, or anyone else here. I could care less. If you feel otherwise, more power to you. Thanks for the attempt at a life lesson though, seems pertinent for the thread topic. Shoot me some PM's if you want to continue the discussion, seems to be a more appropriate place than a thread about the FAA and CBOs, and bait buckets.
ACK, I hear you 4X4
Old 07-26-2016, 07:54 PM
init4fun

Last edited by init4fun; 08-15-2016 at 08:05 AM.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:00 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Yep , every bit of this is respectful conversation with other hobbyists , Right ? You damned well know that if anyone had said any one of these things to either you or your shadow you'd be going off crying foul , everything from off topic to intolerant . You have no right whatsoever to demand a measure of respect that you refuse to extend to your fellow posters in return . You don't get to play the jerk card and demand everyone else play nice , it just ain't ever gonna work that way .

Are these posts really respectful of the holder of the opposing viewpoint , or are they the rotten mean spirited trash they appear to be ?
Where I come from, respect is earned. Needless to say, you haven't earned any.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:18 PM
init4fun

Last edited by init4fun; 08-15-2016 at 08:03 AM.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:25 PM
init4fun

Last edited by init4fun; 08-15-2016 at 08:02 AM.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:30 PM
init4fun

Last edited by init4fun; 08-15-2016 at 08:01 AM.
Old 07-26-2016, 08:49 PM
porcia83
Banned

You know something ? There was a time a few months ago that I gave you the benefit of the doubt . I though "maybe it IS me , maybe I'm taking his posts all wrong" and so I stayed out of the AMA forum conversations to see if it was me or if I was seeing things for what they really are . You do NOT attack viewpoints , you attack people and then accuse them of attacking when they react to your taunts and insults . Do I really need to compile a post of quotes of noteworthy times you've been a total dick without me even being in the thread ? Yep , It's me , Franklin , The Edge , CJ , and a few others all out to get you , right ? Keep sellin yourself that line of BS and wondering why pretty much all but your buddy here think your a pompous ass , you've done a great job of alienating all but him anyway . I hate to think that any person who flys model airplanes could be so rude and disrespectful to his fellow hobbyists , but your and your buddy's posts really do speak for themselves .
I've never said a word about anyone out to get me, especially Franklin. He and I have had many conversations here in these threads, and elsewhere as well. Sure, we disagree on some stuff, so what. It's curious that he's never the one throwing a tantrum, you and others are on his behalf, unsolicited I might add. I've had PM's with you as well that seemed to go well, we even talked about flying together at some point. Whatever happened, who knows, you won't PM now, and over the past few weeks you are slowly and surely losing it here, and it's honestly alarming. You have such a seething anger, and act like everything is a personal affront to you. Nobody else in these threads responds the way you do, nobody. I've wasted more time than I should have even responding to this, because it will only fuel more...whatever.

I've never wished you ill in any way (nor anyone else here), and I don't see how you would think otherwise. I'm not wasting any more time or effort trying to figure it out. At the end of the days we're talking about toys here. Have a good night.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.