Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Frank Tiano for AMA President

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Frank Tiano for AMA President

Old 07-28-2016, 01:46 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by porcia83
Is the alternative to have a massive unlimited write in campaign that might actually result in Boaty McBoatface winning?
In a twisted sort of way, it might be interesting to see how they handle that!
Old 07-28-2016, 01:49 PM
TimJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've yet to see an official statement from him, by him. So far, only links from his supporters. .
The statement I posted at the start of the topic is directly from Frank and not anyone else.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:52 PM
franklin_m

No, officially the list wasn't made public yet, but that didn't stop some on the EC from sharing the closed session info with others and letting it leak out, slowly.
Why can't they just be professional and be true to the process?

The leak is not the fault of the AMA. It's a personal integrity failure on the part of the individuals who leaked the information. I only wish the EC would identify those responsible for the leak and hold them accountable.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:55 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by TimJ
The statement I posted at the start of the topic is directly from Frank and not anyone else.
I read the same thing at the site I think that posted it first, noting that it was Frank's statement. I don't doubt that it's his words, I just haven't seen it directly from him, just posted by others saying it's his statement. I don't have Facebook or use it, so I could be missing it. The message is still the same though.
Old 07-28-2016, 01:57 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by franklin_m
In a twisted sort of way, it might be interesting to see how they handle that!
Flighty McFlitester......lol, I can't lie, it would be funny to see how that would be handled. The Brits didn't have to much of a sense of humor on that.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:01 PM
franklin_m

Flighty McFlitester......lol, I can't lie, it would be funny to see how that would be handled. The Brits didn't have to much of a sense of humor on that.
It would really be a good "stress test" on the bylaws.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:02 PM
porcia83
Banned

The leak is not the fault of the AMA. It's a personal integrity failure on the part of the individuals who leaked the information. I only wish the EC would identify those responsible for the leak and hold them accountable.
Oh for god's sake please....there is nothing unprofessional about a closed session. Seriously man. There's nothing untrue about that. Some issues might be sensitive in nature and not warrant anyone who walks in off the street to be privy too. You have to know that......This ain't some Star Chamber process. Forget the "executive" EC, you've also got how many VP's involved too? There's no grand conspiracy, notwithstanding the tales that Cain used to weave. If there was, you know someone would be going off about it. If they didn't and stayed in the role, well that's on them. But yes, I agree, its a personal integrity issue not only on the part of the party or parties who leaked the info, but anyone who is trying to capitalize on that as well, like say, having people start a write in campaign etc etc.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:03 PM
porcia83
Banned

It would really be a good "stress test" on the bylaws.
I could be wrong but I think the bylaws already preclude this from happening, I think the slate will have 3 people, and that's it. No write in. As it should be.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:04 PM
franklin_m

Oh for god's sake please....there is nothing unprofessional about a closed session. Seriously man. There's nothing untrue about that. Some issues might be sensitive in nature and not warrant anyone who walks in off the street to be privy too. You have to know that......This ain't some Star Chamber process. Forget the "executive" EC, you've also got how many VP's involved too? There's no grand conspiracy, notwithstanding the tales that Cain used to weave. If there was, you know someone would be going off about it. If they didn't and stayed in the role, well that's on them. But yes, I agree, its a personal integrity issue not only on the part of the party or parties who leaked the info, but anyone who is trying to capitalize on that as well, like say, having people start a write in campaign etc etc.
I was talking about the leaking of the list... I doubt seriously the process allows people to walk out and leak names before the official announcement.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:10 PM
porcia83
Banned

I was talking about the leaking of the list... I doubt seriously the process allows people to walk out and leak names before the official announcement.
fair enough..read that too quick. I agree, it's a personal integrity issue.
Old 07-28-2016, 02:14 PM
TimJ

Do you mean Frank or the Committee?
Old 07-28-2016, 03:18 PM
franklin_m

fair enough..read that too quick. I agree, it's a personal integrity issue.
Thanks. That really pi**es me off. I think it reflects on their character, and should cause all other members (who didn't leak) serious concern.

People on the boards of organizations enjoy special trust and confidence, and when they don't follow their own rules, then it rapidly errodes trust in the whole system.

If one of my staff leaked info out of a meeting, I would make it my mission to crush them as an example to others.

I hope the rest of the AMA does the same with whoever leaked this info.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:19 PM
franklin_m

Originally Posted by TimJ
Do you mean Frank or the Committee?
I meant the committee members who unprofessionally and unethically leaked the list before the official announcement.
Old 07-28-2016, 03:45 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Last edited by init4fun; 08-15-2016 at 07:45 AM.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:11 PM
cj_rumley

Hi Init-
I think my view that MR operated per #550 are model aircraft is consistent with your thoughts. I'll be looking for Frank T. to detail where he would draw the line, and I too hope he gets invited here to respond to such questions after the contenders are named and campaigning starts in earnest. Write-in or nominee, I take him seriously............and apparently so do those that are already campaigning against him!
Old 07-28-2016, 04:37 PM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned
My Feedback: (4)

Originally Posted by init4fun
Hi CJ , Thank You for posting that for me , I appreciate that . My question to Frank would be when he discusses the separation of drones VS model aircraft is he including AMA condoned LOS FPV as allowed under #550 in his description of what a drone is ? Yes I do believe there should be a big separation between BLOS and especially commercial BLOS from our LOS hobby activities , and multirotor flight involving #550 legal FPV does belong on our hobby side of the regulations due to the very existence of #550 . So , is it BLOS , commercial BLOS , or all multirotors no matter what their mode of operation that he wants to separate out of our hobby (#336) exclusion ? If it's the BLOS I'm fine with that being beyond the scope of hobby operations no matter whether that BLOS is multirotor or fixed wing , commercial or not . But if it's ALL multirotors just because they are multirotors , even if they are LOS only , then no , I can't get behind separating #550 compliant flyers out just because they use an MR rather than an easystar to enjoy their AMA condoned #550 FPV hobby operations .

I really do hope if Mr. Tiano does decide to run he comes here and makes a statement . If he does , I will listen with an open mind as it's still WAY too early in the game for me to have decided on a candidate , especially one that may not even run ....
What I don't understand is why is his campaign statement is so poorly prepared to not include such information. It's not like #550 hasn't already been in place for years.

Seems like he really hasn't put much thought into running for AMA president. Perhaps he's focusing all his efforts on how he can use the position of AMA president for protect and grow his vested financial interests.
Old 07-28-2016, 04:40 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
Hi Init-
I think my view that MR operated per #550 are model aircraft is consistent with your thoughts. I'll be looking for Frank T. to detail where he would draw the line, and I too hope he gets invited here to respond to such questions after the contenders are named and campaigning starts in earnest. Write-in or nominee, I take him seriously............and apparently so do those that are already campaigning against him!
'

LoL, sure thing, all two people! The fear is almost palpable. Perhaps I'll start and "open letter to the members of the AMA" indicating why I don't want him running. LoL, but no,there's really no need. I'm not seeing much to vote for yet, even if he was recognized as a legitimate candidate. Since he's not on the ballot, it's a non issue. If I'm not mistaken though he had a chance back in 2002 and I might be wrong, but I think he was outvoted 4 to 1. But hey, everyone should do their own research.
Old 07-29-2016, 06:13 AM
rcmiket

https://www.facebook.com/groups/627418730749785/

Mike
Old 07-29-2016, 06:22 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Thanks for the link but that still isn't his official website that's a group that is doing it on behalf of Frank. And Franklin I think it's pretty clear that you want anybody but the existing members of the EC in there I can't help but wonder if it's really to better the AMA or just wreak havoc.
For someone so consumed with safety you really should look a little deeper into what goes on at those events and if I'm not mistaken you tried questioning him about the event or the pilot and spotter got burned and he completely ignored you. This is the guy you want to see in charge of the AMA?
Old 07-29-2016, 06:31 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

His whole campaign seems DOA.
Old 07-29-2016, 07:21 AM
franklin_m

Thanks for the link but that still isn't his official website that's a group that is doing it on behalf of Frank. And Franklin I think it's pretty clear that you want anybody but the existing members of the EC in there I can't help but wonder if it's really to better the AMA or just wreak havoc.
For someone so consumed with safety you really should look a little deeper into what goes on at those events and if I'm not mistaken you tried questioning him about the event or the pilot and spotter got burned and he completely ignored you. This is the guy you want to see in charge of the AMA?
Well, it comes down to this. I see value in shaking the tree from time to time. This appears to be one such opportunity.
Old 07-29-2016, 07:48 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

Well, it comes down to this. I see value in shaking the tree from time to time. This appears to be one such opportunity.
Those kinds of blanket statements always originate from individuals who can't tell the difference between doing things right and doing the right things.
Old 07-29-2016, 08:41 AM
rcmiket

New points of view along with fresh blood is never a bad idea in any organization.

Mike
Old 07-29-2016, 09:14 AM
Chris P. Bacon
Banned

New points of view along with fresh blood is never a bad idea in any organization.

Mike
Of course, newer is always better. Heck, remember when they had kits and you had it build it yourself? Now they have ARFs, no building (and a lot less Zap sales) required and they come perfect from the factory straight as an arrow with the best quality covering and hardware available.
Old 07-29-2016, 01:37 PM
porcia83
Banned

Mike
Great point. So what is the new points of view? 14 years ago you seemed to support his run, then complained and alleged he was somehow slighted, and blamed low voter turnout for his crushing defeat. This for an election that I think had 20,000 people vote, only one in four for him though. So much for low voter turnout. Your district VP election last had less than 1500 vote..THAT is low turnout.

What new visions does he have now that makes him an attractive candidate?. Of course drones weren't an issue back then, so he couldn't scare up some votes on that issue.

New blood you say, that's odd, he once said he had been in this hobby longer than most members of the AMA had been alive. Hmm...not exactly new, but then again he miiiight not have really understood the age profile of our membership.

After he loses will there be more complaints about the fix being in, how he was done wrong, etc etc?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.