Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Frank Tiano for AMA President

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Frank Tiano for AMA President

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2016, 04:55 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That Facebook thing again...lol, I have to look into that!

I met Eric last month at a show in NY and he was pressing the flesh, he was literally backed into a corner by a guy (a heli guy no less) ranting about MR and Drones ruining the hobby. He handled it well, after 10 minutes I walked away to go fly.
Old 09-07-2016, 06:19 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

[QUOTE=porcia83;12255039]I couldn't agree more. If you recall, I was the one who asked Ken to open the site threads to them in hopes they would come and answer some questions. I'm sure you would agree, the usual campaign statements (by all of them) are usually very generic, non specific, and to some degree vague on actual plans. /QUOTE]

While you did ask me to do open it up, please realize that is this a service that we have provided to all AMA candidate for the last several elections. So this is not something new and it was something that was going to be offered to them regardless if you asked me to do it or not.

I have had one other candidate email me about setting up his candidate forum, and I said I would do it for him. But so far I have not seen any follow up from him on getting it done. I'm not going to mention his name because I don't want it to seem like RCU is taking sides, but I am simply pointing out that the other 3 candidates simply aren't taking advantage of a resource that is out there for them to use.

Ken
Old 09-07-2016, 06:38 AM
porcia83
Banned

[QUOTE=RCKen;12255182]
Originally Posted by porcia83
I couldn't agree more. If you recall, I was the one who asked Ken to open the site threads to them in hopes they would come and answer some questions. I'm sure you would agree, the usual campaign statements (by all of them) are usually very generic, non specific, and to some degree vague on actual plans. /QUOTE]

While you did ask me to do open it up, please realize that is this a service that we have provided to all AMA candidate for the last several elections. So this is not something new and it was something that was going to be offered to them regardless if you asked me to do it or not.

I have had one other candidate email me about setting up his candidate forum, and I said I would do it for him. But so far I have not seen any follow up from him on getting it done. I'm not going to mention his name because I don't want it to seem like RCU is taking sides, but I am simply pointing out that the other 3 candidates simply aren't taking advantage of a resource that is out there for them to use.

Ken
Yes, I realize it was done in the past and referenced that as well, so the record is completely straight now that it would have been done even it I hadn't asked.

I hope at least Tougas comes to the table, he did it in the past and had lots of questions asked of him, and answered them all.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:01 AM
TimJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE=porcia83;12255188]
Originally Posted by RCKen

Yes, I realize it was done in the past and referenced that as well, so the record is completely straight now that it would have been done even it I hadn't asked.

I hope at least Tougas comes to the table, he did it in the past and had lots of questions asked of him, and answered them all.
I can't speak for Tougas, but I wouldn't hold your breath on him coming back to this forum. May be because it is a waste of effort here? I recall how at times he was poorly treated by some of the posters here.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:08 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Hi Guys , The one question I would ask all of them if given the chance is this ; If the FAA pushes for #550 FPV to go back to the way it was with the pilot in command's eyes directly on the aircraft , and with the goggle wearing pilot being the trainer side of a buddy box , will they fight that and if so how much would they be willing to spend on that fight ? My take on this , right or wrong as it may be is that the FAA does want real human eyes (and not electronic eyes) on anything considered a #336 model aircraft , VS a 107 UAS which has the ability to file for a BLOS exemption if the flight requires it .
Old 09-07-2016, 08:12 AM
porcia83
Banned

[QUOTE=TimJ;12255215]

I can't speak for Tougas, but I wouldn't hold your breath on him coming back to this forum. May be because it is a waste of effort here? I recall how at times he was poorly treated by some of the posters here.
Yes, that's possible although that might be the case for all of them. I do recall seeing a few threads Tougas was in where he was peppered with a bunch of questions and handled himself very well, even going so far as to note his answers were not going to be accepted by everyone, but he laid out his answers and rationale pretty well. It's doubtful Hanson would ever show up here, for obvious reasons.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:15 AM
franklin_m

[QUOTE=TimJ;12255215]

Then he doesn't want votes I guess...

Tiano - answered my questions in RCU Forum
Emailed Willams questions and he responded; neither Tougas nor Hanson responded.

Seems that only Tiano and Williams are willing to go the extra mile to get my vote.
Old 09-07-2016, 08:37 AM
TimJ

[QUOTE=franklin_m;12255221]
Originally Posted by TimJ

Then he doesn't want votes I guess...

Tiano - answered my questions in RCU Forum
Emailed Willams questions and he responded; neither Tougas nor Hanson responded.

Seems that only Tiano and Williams are willing to go the extra mile to get my vote.
Energy and focus. Forums are a dieing breed. The same small group of people seem to post in most threads. I'm sure best time is spent with social media and going to club meetings and flying fields for some of the candidates.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:03 AM
porcia83
Banned

[QUOTE=TimJ;12255228]
Originally Posted by TimJ

Energy and focus. Forums are a dieing breed. The same small group of people seem to post in most threads. I'm sure best time is spent with social media and going to club meetings and flying fields for some of the candidates.
I would agree. Although the sheer exposure is great here and at RCU, I suspect they want to control their messages and discussions more via their own social media. To me, TIano is the only one that needs to really get his message out there and differentiate himself from the others since the others already have deep and recent ties to the AMA. Although he is responding, I'm not sure the responses are winning anyone over. But that shouldn't really be that unexpected, I doubt there are a ton of people looking to be "won over", probably already have their choice made. I doubt Hanson thinks that answering a question from here is going to win a vote in his favor. There is nothing that I could see that Hanson could hope to achieve coming here and answering questions. Given his prior and current occupation for the AMA, and the overall view of the AMA from the threads from this year and those in the past,....well...it's probably best he just run on his name and work performance. I'm not saying that's the right approach to take, just the most politically sound one, imo.
Old 09-07-2016, 11:44 AM
IBobi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

testing testing
Old 09-07-2016, 11:44 AM
IBobi

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by IBobi
testing testing
Testing again!
Old 09-07-2016, 11:59 AM
porcia83
Banned

testing testing
Testing back!
Old 09-07-2016, 04:56 PM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

Testing back!
[h=1]Shades of sophomoric[/h]
Old 09-07-2016, 05:39 PM
porcia83
Banned

Testing again!
Thanks again for responding to my PM from earlier today, it looks like the quoting issue I noted might be fixed. It happened in the past and seemed to go away, then come back again.

Last edited by porcia83; 09-07-2016 at 05:55 PM.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:12 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

the more i read of frank's responses over in the candidate forum, the more i think, that, frank may be just exactly what the AMA needs right now. someone who does not mind shaking things up a bit.
Old 09-13-2016, 04:18 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by mongo
the more i read of frank's responses over in the candidate forum, the more i think, that, frank may be just exactly what the AMA needs right now. someone who does not mind shaking things up a bit.
Reading that also. I'm really disappointed that the mods are letting that go on. Got to give it to Frank T. for responding to the guy. Think he's got my vote.

Mike
Old 09-13-2016, 05:14 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Reading that also. I'm really disappointed that the mods are letting that go on. Got to give it to Frank T. for responding to the guy. Think he's got my vote.

Mike
Think? Was there ever a question?

Do you mean the part where Frank is calling someone a loser, or lying about someone being arrested, or the part where here he is threatening the guy? Or the part where he transforms an auction process into a " roast".

Certainly you wouldn't advocate shutting the discussion down because you don't agree with it. That seems to be the trend here now, when reality and truth comes to light it gets uncomfortable when some folks can't control the narrative. So far Frank hasn't denied the substance of any accusation...just put a spin on the response, peppering them with personal attacks and threats. Presidential?

Last edited by porcia83; 09-13-2016 at 05:23 AM.
Old 09-13-2016, 05:22 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by mongo
So threats and name-calling is what is needed to shake the AMA up? Those type of responses are embarrassing and honestly, frightening. Much like the Trump campaign though, none of that behavior will sway any of his supporters, I'd guess nothing he could say it do would change their minds. No matter how many times he says he won't or can't answer a question. He's probably turning off more potential "swing" voters with those shady sophomoric responses. It's amazing to see someone who wants to run this org behave like that, even more so to see folks rally behind that sort of dangerous behavior.

Make sure to get those ballots in on time!
Old 09-13-2016, 05:27 AM
astrohog

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Do you mean the part where Frank is calling someone a loser, or lying about someone being arrested, or the part where here he is threatening the guy? Or the part where he transforms an auction process into a " roast".

Certainly you wouldn't advocate shutting the discussion down because you don't agree with it. That seems to be the trend here now, when reality and truth comes to light it gets uncomfortable when some folks can't control the narrative. So far Frank hasn't denied the substance of any accusation...just put a spin on the response, peppering them with personal attacks and threats. Presidential?
I may be jumping to conclusions here, but I guess we can rule out a Porcia83 vote for Trump?

Not sure why you brought up shutting that thread down? NOBODY ELSE DID. HMMM....just pulling imaginary things out of the air now?

Astro
Old 09-13-2016, 05:59 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by astrohog
I may be jumping to conclusions here, but I guess we can rule out a Porcia83 vote for Trump?

Not sure why you brought up shutting that thread down? NOBODY ELSE DID. HMMM....just pulling imaginary things out of the air now?

Astro
I know you loath to disagree with folks who share your opinion...but skip back up to Mike's post 391....I think you can figure out where I came to that conclusion.

But more spin and deflection...got an opinion on the topic or just want to keep focusing on my posts? I know Frank's not you guy...but any thoughts on his behavior here recently? Are you an advocate of threats, intimidation, and name calling? Does that behavior belong here, or in the office of the AMA leadership. Can you answer?
Old 09-13-2016, 06:22 AM
astrohog

I know you loath to disagree with folks who share your opinion...but skip back up to Mike's post 391....I think you can figure out where I came to that conclusion.
I am a big enough man to admit where I may have mis-spoken. I admit I did not remember Mike posting that. BUT, he didn't ask for the thread to be shut down, he merely said he was surprised that the Mods hadn't taken it down. More spin and deflection, right?

got an opinion on the topic or just want to keep focusing on my posts?
Do I really need to repeat myself? I will continue to comment on your posts where you purposely spin and deflect what was said from the OP's original intent.

I know Frank's not you guy...
Wouldn't you like to know? I never claimed he was or wasn't, just that I hadn't publicly announced who my candidate was, yet you jumped to conclusions and were speaking for me on this public forum. (next, you will quote me (out of context) where I said, "I told you in another thread that Frank was not my man". When in context, it should have been read as, "I told you in another thread that Frank was not NECESSARILY my man".

but any thoughts on his behavior here recently? Are you an advocate of threats, intimidation, and name calling? Does that behavior belong here, or in the office of the AMA leadership. Can you answer?
Do I advocate threats, intimidation and name calling? Depends on the venue and circumstances...... probably shouldn't happen whilst running for a leadership position, but you and I are both guilty of doing that here in the forums, right? What does that say about each of us individually? Should we be exempt from running for a club office or from becoming a Leader Member?

Astro
Old 09-13-2016, 06:24 AM
astrohog

Think? Was there ever a question?

I see what you did there!

Mike gave his opinion, as well as what he based it on, and you went on the attack! So much for tolerance of others' opinions!

Astro
Old 09-13-2016, 06:30 AM
porcia83
Banned

Oh my, so much for a dialog. Continue on...
Old 09-13-2016, 07:04 AM
astrohog

Oh my, so much for a dialog. Continue on...
You mean the whirlpool that you consider dialogue? You know you do it. If you want REAL dialogue, let's quit the tactics and spin and stick to facts.

Astro
Old 09-13-2016, 07:39 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by rcmiket

Mike
Before you crucify us "mods" for letting this "go on" let me address this. When we set up an election sub-forum such as these we do offer the candidate a little extra protection from being personally attacked in the sub-forum, but that doesn't normally extend to protection from comments, or even attacks, against his campaign. However, when those comments were made in the sub-forum I did ask Frank if he wanted them removed and he choose to leave them in place and wanted to be given the opportunity to respond to them. So please know that we are watching the sub-forum for inappropriate materials, heck I just caught a previously banned member who returned under a shill account and banned that, and keep it all cleaned up.

Ken

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.