Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA Insider calls for CHANGE. VP running for President supports TRADITIONAL MODELLERS

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Insider calls for CHANGE. VP running for President supports TRADITIONAL MODELLERS

Search this Thread

Old 08-11-2016, 01:06 PM
TimJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Why was Chris P. banned?
Old 08-11-2016, 01:07 PM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by astrohog
UMMM....he's not listed as a candidate...

Care to try again?

Astro
Frank T. could have been listed but.............................the powers to be decided otherwise. .

Mike

Last edited by rcmiket; 08-11-2016 at 01:16 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:14 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Last edited by init4fun; 08-14-2016 at 08:26 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 01:17 PM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by TimJ
Why was Chris P. banned?
Looks like problems from the other thread. Ken stepped in.

Mike
Old 08-11-2016, 01:30 PM
TimJ

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Looks like problems from the other thread. Ken stepped in.

Mike
Yep, I just noticed that. O well.
Old 08-11-2016, 02:08 PM
Silent-AV8R

Originally Posted by mr_matt
It is time for a change.
The AMA has strayed from its mission.
We must return the AMA’s focus back to traditional modelers.

These are the first 3 lines of District 10 VP Larry Tougas' campaign statement

So at least one AMA VP agrees with the sentiment that I find I am surrounded with at my club.
This is the same person who has failed to deliver on a single one of his original campaign promises when he first ran for DVP. So I am not convinced he will deliver on any promises he makes this time around.
Old 08-11-2016, 02:56 PM
init4fun

Last edited by init4fun; 08-14-2016 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:26 PM
init4fun

Last edited by init4fun; 08-14-2016 at 08:27 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 03:40 PM
Silent-AV8R

Originally Posted by init4fun
Silent , can I ask you what promises were made and broken ? I'm not doubting you or challenging your statement here , I'd just like some details of the promises and how they were broken to add to the decision process . I'm lookin at it from the perspective of the more info on all the candidates I have means the more informed choice I can make .
Tried to PM you with a full accounting of why I am not supporting him, but you do not accept PMs apparently.

Short version:

District X flying site, all new and improved website and significant new programs for flying site retention.

No District site, or real progress towards one.
A different, but not tangibly improved website which few people even know about
Not sure about flying site issues. That must take place behind the scenes.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:13 PM
init4fun

Last edited by init4fun; 08-14-2016 at 08:28 PM.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:38 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Originally Posted by TimJ
Yep, I just noticed that. O well.
not to worry tim, he will just use his other identity.
Old 08-11-2016, 04:54 PM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by mongo
I've often wondered.......................................... ..

Mike
Old 08-11-2016, 06:35 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Care to share which candidate's campaign has substance, is going "somewhere", and has a statement with specifics?

Astro

Care to try again?

Astro
Not sure who said that?
Is that a question or a statement?
Yours? Cause I never said that. You are so confusing!

Astro
Not according to the official AMA website. I only see three candidates listed there.

Astro
Just to clarify...you said candidate..not someone who was listed on the ama site, that goalpost appeared later. You know well he is a candidate as he has announced this himself as a write in candidate. If you don't consider him a candidate...what would you call him?
Old 08-11-2016, 06:45 PM
porcia83
Banned

Care to share which candidate's campaign has substance, is going "somewhere", and has a statement with specifics?

Astro

Care to try again?

Astro
Not sure who said that?
Is that a question or a statement?
Yours? Cause I never said that. You are so confusing!

Astro
Not according to the official AMA website. I only see three candidates listed there.

Astro
To further clarify on this specific point...I never attributed that comment to you, but the GOB comment has been used liberally by those folks with a historically anti-AMA stance. That might be hard to narrow down here I know...but the term has been liberally used. So I thought it's an interesting dilemma for the...on one hand they want everyone on the EC out, because they want the GOB network broken up. CHANGE!! Oh but wait....Tougas is coming out swinging using the tight pitch for those folks seeking change. Let's get back to traditional modeling (whatever that is now).

So how can they want both? Perhaps they don't buy the sloganeering without specifics. Or as Tim noted, have personal experiences to base their opinion upon.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:20 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by porcia83
........... those folks with a historically anti-AMA stance.................
You throw this accusation around , a lot , and it's getting old .......

Tell me , exactly , who ARE these "historically anti-AMA" folks Porcia ? Because when I look around this forum , all I see are longtime members who quite obviously are rather PRO AMA due to the fact that at least some of us have been paying AMA dues for better than 50 years ! Sorry Porcia , but when a member sees something they don't like about an organization that they quite obviously do like , I'd call that person a member with an issue about one small part of the organization's operations and NOT someone who is ANTI-AMA , but then again I'm not looking to divide folks here in the way you are . Folks who push a "go along to get along" or "don't rock the boat" agenda aren't some kind of "super member" with anyone with a question of AMA operations being an "Anti-AMA" member as your divisive narrative repeats continually , they are the members who ultimately IMPROVE the organization by finding areas for improvement .

So , hows about knocking off the "anti AMA" stuff and treating ALL your fellow AMA members with the respect they deserve for being members in the first place . You claim to be an LM , great , as an LM your supposed to lead the way in advancing our organization in the best ways possible , you wanna tell me how dividing folks with your trite little "Anti-AMA" label is doing the mission of advancing the AMA any favors ?

Can you tell I'm tired of seeing such "anti-AMA" insults coming from your keyboard ? We here are ALL AMA members , and in my view not a one of those members are "Anti-AMA" !

Last edited by init4fun; 08-12-2016 at 07:34 AM.
Old 08-12-2016, 07:44 AM
porcia83
Banned

Lol.....the hall monitor routine is old and tired, so is the constant need to manufacture drama and indignation.

Pick virtually any thread in the ama forums...then read. If you don't spot the ever present anti-AMA sentiment, you are ignoring the obvious. Try not to take this personally....it's a general comment based on my observations. ...YMMV.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:01 AM
TimJ

Originally Posted by mongo
I'm not worried. I just can't think of anything that person did to be banned. But if he has multiple accounts, then the Admin should be able see the IP address that account posts from.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:02 AM
TimJ

Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R
Tried to PM you with a full accounting of why I am not supporting him, but you do not accept PMs apparently.

Short version:

District X flying site, all new and improved website and significant new programs for flying site retention.

No District site, or real progress towards one.
A different, but not tangibly improved website which few people even know about
Not sure about flying site issues. That must take place behind the scenes.
The above is all truthful.
Old 08-12-2016, 08:24 AM
init4fun

Last edited by init4fun; 08-14-2016 at 08:55 PM.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:13 PM
porcia83
Banned

Lol.this is rich. Your interpretation and armchair psychological analysis of my comments leads to a "malfunction of perception". Rich and ironic.

I'd say let's agree to disagree but you've determined that's just me saying I'm right. Lol.
Old 08-12-2016, 12:29 PM
init4fun

Last edited by init4fun; 08-14-2016 at 08:54 PM.
Old 08-12-2016, 02:34 PM
porcia83
Banned

Right...good idea. Great idea actually. Leave the self analysis out of it, or subjective interpretation. Not every comment has duel meaning or is a personal slight.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:14 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
Right...good idea. Great idea actually. Leave the self analysis out of it, or subjective interpretation. Not every comment has duel meaning or is a personal slight.
Do you even read what you post?

A vast majority of your posts DO contain personal slights and are meant to continue your "duel" (Freudian slip? LOL).

That is a fact. You can stutter, stammer and refute it all you want, heck, you can even agree to disagree, but it doesn't change the facts.

Astro
Old 08-12-2016, 04:27 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

Tell me , exactly , who ARE these "historically anti-AMA" folks Porcia ? Because when I look around this forum , all I see are longtime members who quite obviously are rather PRO AMA due to the fact that at least some of us have been paying AMA dues for better than 50 years ! Sorry Porcia , but when a member sees something they don't like about an organization that they quite obviously do like , I'd call that person a member with an issue about one small part of the organization's operations and NOT someone who is ANTI-AMA , but then again I'm not looking to divide folks here in the way you are . Folks who push a "go along to get along" or "don't rock the boat" agenda aren't some kind of "super member" with anyone with a question of AMA operations being an "Anti-AMA" member as your divisive narrative repeats continually , they are the members who ultimately IMPROVE the organization by finding areas for improvement .

So , hows about knocking off the "anti AMA" stuff and treating ALL your fellow AMA members with the respect they deserve for being members in the first place . You claim to be an LM , great , as an LM your supposed to lead the way in advancing our organization in the best ways possible , you wanna tell me how dividing folks with your trite little "Anti-AMA" label is doing the mission of advancing the AMA any favors ?

Can you tell I'm tired of seeing such "anti-AMA" insults coming from your keyboard ? We here are ALL AMA members , and in my view not a one of those members are "Anti-AMA" !
great post init.
i agree wholeheartedly.
Old 08-12-2016, 04:43 PM
franklin_m

As a frequent target myself, thanks for articulating it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.