Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Suggestion for RCU's involvement in the upcoming AMA Presidential Election

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Suggestion for RCU's involvement in the upcoming AMA Presidential Election

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2016, 03:11 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Suggestion for RCU's involvement in the upcoming AMA Presidential Election

Ken,
In the past it looks like RCU let each of the candidates post their campaign statements at the site and/or allowed questions from members. Is that something that would be allowed this cycle, or can something else be offered?

This seems to be a rather important time for the AMA and an important election, with 3 candidates named on the ballot, and write in selections as well. Would be it possible for the site to extend an invitation to each candidate to answer a series of questions posed to them by the site, sort of like newspaper editorial boards due for local/state/national elections. Either the site would come up with questions, or could solicit questions from members here, condense them, then limit them to a certain number? I'm not sure open threads might be the way to go this time, but trying to think of a better way for the candidates to get their message out there, and have specific questions answered.

I put this here rather than another forum, or by e-mail, thinking it was the more appropriate place.

Thanks.
Old 08-14-2016, 04:18 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

In all past AMA elections we have offered each candidate their own sub-forum off of this forum for them to address the AMA membership. We would be more than happy to do that again to all of the candidates. We do offer each candidate a little bit of projection from stuff like people posting just like "you're wife is an ugly s***". Also, we keep each candidate out of each other's forums. Also, if there are planned write in candidates we will consider putting up a sub-forum for them as well. All they need to do is contact me and I'll have the sub-forums set up in a heartbeat.

Ken
Old 08-14-2016, 04:26 PM
porcia83
Banned

Excellent great, I hope they take advantage of that. I thought I saw a thread years ago from Gary Fitch or someone (can't remember exactly) and most of the questions were o/k, and he answered professionally, and then eventually it went off track.

Thanks for the response.
Old 08-14-2016, 04:31 PM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

I'll call Dave Mathewson in the morning and remind him that we have that resource, and then he can discuss it with the candidates. If they want to take advantage of it they will call me. I can lead them to water, I can't make them drink.

Ken
Old 08-15-2016, 08:44 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin

I just got off the phone with Dave Mathewson at the AMA headquarters and he is putting the word out to the 3 official candidates as well as to Frank Tiano that we are making a sub-forum available to them to use for their campaigns. I don't know if all of them will take advantage of this resource, but it is there if they want it. We'll see.

Ken
Old 08-15-2016, 08:49 AM
TimJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Good Work RCKen!
Old 08-15-2016, 09:01 AM
porcia83
Banned

The water had been laid out lol.....
Old 08-15-2016, 09:32 AM
MX240
My Feedback: (4)

That is a really good idea.
I never was much for giving a darn which guy was president. But this year I am taking notice.
Let the games begin.
Old 08-15-2016, 10:13 AM
franklin_m

Well done Ken.
Old 08-16-2016, 03:26 AM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MX240
That is a really good idea.
I never was much for giving a darn which guy was president. But this year I am taking notice.
Let the games begin.
Lets hope every AMA members feels the same.

Mike
Old 08-16-2016, 09:59 AM
porcia83
Banned

Agree, or at least a larger majority than we've seen in the past. I think this will be the most important election for the AMA in a long time. On candidate has already posted here, hope to see the others follow suit.