Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA EC July 2016 minutes

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA EC July 2016 minutes

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-2016, 09:36 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by porcia83
Or that email may have been mixed in with a slew of other emails and complaints regarding the same issue and then the request to do work forthe AMA, or perhaps the issue is generic in nature and since you hadn't been at the event and witness what happened they didn't feel it was relevant who knows.
If an email about safety in one of the AMA's highest risk areas falls through so easily, one should be asking if that's not an example of a safety culture problem at HQ? My experience is that safety culture is set by the leadership of the squadron, unit, organization. So if there's a safety culture problem, then it's because HQ allowed it to get that way - allowed it by lack of attention, lack of engagement, lack of compliance checks, lack of awareness, etc.

But still, wouldn't this has been a great question to ask Tiano instead of how much money month the AMA keeps versus how much they give out to clubs? It would seem he is deeply invested in the giant scale and turbine culture, probably more than any other person that deals with this issue. Is it too difficult a question to ask of him as he would not only be responsible for normal safety operations within the AMA but also within this SIG.
I maintain that I directed the question about safety culture of entire type of operation to those ultimately responsible for that culture.

I addressed a question about Muncie funding to Williams via SEPCOR, and he responded. So I directed the same question to FT. The others have not responded.
Old 08-21-2016, 09:42 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Have you not seen the comments from Mike and Franklin and the select other few who think that Tiano is an outsider and will be great for the election if for no other reason than to shake up the good old boy network.
More deflection. I was not addressing them, I was addressing you.
I've never once said that he's an outsider I'm just using the others words here
In the context you used it, it read that you were in agreement with the, "From the outside" statement. another tactic you use to dodge and spin.
I've already said I think it's great that he's running it's admirable that someone is taking more steps to be involved
No tongue-in-cheek there whatsoever, as evidenced by your borderline slanderous interrogation of him and numerous comments in the other threads, where you clearly mocked him for his write-in campaign.

Astro
Old 08-21-2016, 10:15 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Originally Posted by astrohog
More deflection. I was not addressing them, I was addressing you.

In the context you used it, it read that you were in agreement with the, "From the outside" statement. another tactic you use to dodge and spin.

No tongue-in-cheek there whatsoever, as evidenced by your borderline slanderous interrogation of him and numerous comments in the other threads, where you clearly mocked him for his write-in campaign.

Astro
LoL...borderline slanderous interrogation of him....good ones. I've been waiting for someone to go there, to defend him,even though he's more than capable of doing so himself. If he can't handle some questions on RCU, he isn't fit to be president. And that goes for anyone of them.

All that context I provided for the questions, that took a lot of work to put together. The majority of questions I asked were based on his own actions and words. And suffice it to say, those were the easy questions. Other issues are out there that would have been far more harsh, I chose not to go there.

There was no mocking. As I noted in your earlier diatribe trying to shame me, folks sometimes have a difficult time facing truth and reality, and their past actions and deeds. You talk about me mocking, how about his mocking of someones wrinkled clothing? Oh, love the comment about the "elephant in the room"...not really an accidental choice of words. Classy stuff. I didn't mock him for his write in campaign, merely pointed out the overwhelming amount of contradictory and questionable comments he made. It's great that you didn't feel the need to question him on anything, remarkable even, but that's for you to decide. The comments he made after he didn't get the nomination were frankly enough to take him out of any AMA position as far as I was concerned, but I was willing to see how he pivoted from that statement to "I'm all in" statement. By the way, have you seen any specific answers to the specific questions others have asked him yet? Kinda short on specifics no? Off to take care of the coop. They missed me yesterday, I was at a town sponsored fun fly in another District doing demo flights, and helping out about 100 kids of flight sims and buddy boxes. A fantastic day! Almost too windy to fly today though.

Old 08-21-2016, 11:28 AM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

LoL...borderline slanderous interrogation of him....good ones. I've been waiting for someone to go there, to defend him,even though he's more than capable of doing so himself. If he can't handle some questions on RCU, he isn't fit to be president. And that goes for anyone of them.

All that context I provided for the questions, that took a lot of work to put together. The majority of questions I asked were based on his own actions and words. And suffice it to say, those were the easy questions. Other issues are out there that would have been far more harsh, I chose not to go there.

There was no mocking. As I noted in your earlier diatribe trying to shame me, folks sometimes have a difficult time facing truth and reality, and their past actions and deeds. You talk about me mocking, how about his mocking of someones wrinkled clothing? Oh, love the comment about the "elephant in the room"...not really an accidental choice of words. Classy stuff. I didn't mock him for his write in campaign, merely pointed out the overwhelming amount of contradictory and questionable comments he made. It's great that you didn't feel the need to question him on anything, remarkable even, but that's for you to decide. The comments he made after he didn't get the nomination were frankly enough to take him out of any AMA position as far as I was concerned, but I was willing to see how he pivoted from that statement to "I'm all in" statement. By the way, have you seen any specific answers to the specific questions others have asked him yet? Kinda short on specifics no? Off to take care of the coop. They missed me yesterday, I was at a town sponsored fun fly in another District doing demo flights, and helping out about 100 kids of flight sims and buddy boxes. A fantastic day! Almost too windy to fly today though.

Tom, it has been said over and over again for many years, you spoil things for others yet you have this thick skin and self immersion to where you have an amazing ability to tune it out and carry on. Its not unlike an insurance salesman has to be,
Old 08-21-2016, 12:13 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by TheEdge
Tom, it has been said over and over again for many years, you spoil things for others yet you have this thick skin and self immersion to where you have an amazing ability to tune it out and carry on. Its not unlike an insurance salesman has to be,
LoL...welcome back Bob, we've missed you. I've always appreciated your attention, even when you get pretty much everything wrong.

So do you have any on topic points, or will you be taking over where others have left off with attacks and petty antics? You might have missed Ken's suggestion about utilizing the Ignore function (or acting like an adult). Ignore function = not spoiling it for everyone! Easy right?

What are your thoughts on the election? Is the gentleman from your district the man, or is it Tiano, or any of the others? Have you been keeping up on the discussions where you've been? Any thoughts on the EC meeting notes?

Let's talk!

Last edited by porcia83; 08-21-2016 at 12:19 PM.
Old 08-21-2016, 12:17 PM
TheEdge
Banned
My Feedback: (788)

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts

LoL...welcome back Bob, we've missed you. I've always appreciated your attention, even when you get pretty much everything wrong.

So do you have any on topic points, or will you be taking over where others have left off with attacks and petty antics?

What are your thoughts on the election? Is the gentleman from your district the man, or is it Tiano, or any of the others? Have you been keeping up on the discussions where you've been? Any thoughts on the EC meeting notes?

Let's talk!
Tom, your empty words are true to form, hypocritical at best..
I ignore you the best I can as you know, I think your an ugly person from the inside out and it reflects here where you spend the majority of your life baiting and arguing with fellow members.
It's the recognition of this which you thrive upon and so I have given you a little credit to pump you up, well done..
Yuk...
Old 08-21-2016, 12:20 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by TheEdge
Tom, your empty words are true to form, hypocritical at best..
I ignore you the best I can as you know, I think your an ugly person from the inside out and it reflects here where you spend the majority of your life baiting and arguing with fellow members.
It's the recognition of this which you thrive upon and so I have given you a little credit to pump you up, well done..
Yuk...
Yuk indeed. Well, continue to work on being well my friend. All the best, looks like we'll have no on point discussions regarding the topic at hand..
Old 08-21-2016, 02:16 PM
astrohog

LoL...borderline slanderous interrogation of him....good ones.
I wasn't speaking of your questions, those are all fair game, it was the third-party posting of his personal e-mails that you were asked to remove that were completely unacceptable.
I've been waiting for someone to go there, to defend him,even though he's more than capable of doing so himself. If he can't handle some questions on RCU, he isn't fit to be president. And that goes for anyone of them.
And there you go again! For the sake of the entire forum, PLEASE stop with your deceptive mis-quotes. I NEVER defended Frank, I simply stated that you completely stepped over the line when you posted his private e-mails here. Completely uncalled for, like you just want to puff out your chest and be somebody important because you dug up some trashy e-mails? REALLY?

There was no mocking.
Oh, but you certainly did, how conveniently you forget? You portrayed him as some kind of second-rate candidate because he did not make the, "official" ballot, I believe comments included, "call the Whambulance", etc.
You talk about me mocking, how about his mocking of someones wrinkled clothing?
And AGAIN, I was addressing your mocking comments, not Franks. I cannot speak for Frank, please stop addressing me instead of the individuals themselves.

Astro
Old 08-21-2016, 03:38 PM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by Silent-AV8R
Because they were free to the buyer. BB paid a reduced rate to AMA as I recall. The April EC Minutes mentioned the program:

[/FONT][/COLOR]
But others are complaining that the AMA is giving away free membership.
Old 08-21-2016, 03:44 PM
Sport_Pilot

Trap door in the porta potty....
Like the "Get Smart" phone booth with plumbing issues!
Old 08-21-2016, 03:44 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
Fact #1 There is no FREE anything Fact #2 Those receiving their membership via BB THOUGHT of it as FREE.....but just like our good old government (gimme my free phone - remember that) NOTHING IS REALLY FREE!

Now where did I put those "Buy 1 and get one FREE" coupons????????
Old 08-21-2016, 04:12 PM
astrohog

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
That is incorrect, sir. Please re-read the comments regarding the "free" memberships. You and Porcia can choose to continue to believe that is what folks are saying, but it has been CLEARLY explained numerous times.

Astro
Old 08-21-2016, 04:17 PM
porcia83
Banned

I wasn't speaking of your questions, those are all fair game, it was the third-party posting of his personal e-mails that you were asked to remove that were completely unacceptable.

And there you go again! For the sake of the entire forum, PLEASE stop with your deceptive mis-quotes. I NEVER defended Frank, I simply stated that you completely stepped over the line when you posted his private e-mails here. Completely uncalled for, like you just want to puff out your chest and be somebody important because you dug up some trashy e-mails? REALLY?

Oh, but you certainly did, how conveniently you forget? You portrayed him as some kind of second-rate candidate because he did not make the, "official" ballot, I believe comments included, "call the Whambulance", etc.

And AGAIN, I was addressing your mocking comments, not Franks. I cannot speak for Frank, please stop addressing me instead of the individuals themselves.

Astro
For accuracy sake, I wasn't asked to delete the e-mails that have been on a publicly available website for the past 7 years. They were summarily deleted without any warning, nor did the thread reflect edits, or that they had been deleted. Not cool in my book, but hey, I don't make the rules, even though I clarified I was going to be asking some tough questions. When I was questioned that, they were put back up. So ya, I was never asked to remove them. I decided to do so on my own, and ask Frank about them. I'm sure you saw his response that if he sent them, he sent them, but didn't remember. Later, he was able to find those e-mails from 7 years ago and note that they had been modified. Notice, he didn't provide the ones he sent (which is odd, why not do that to show what exactly was sent and put the issue to rest). You'll further notice I didn't push him on that issue, I took him at his word that they had been changed, and took them down. Also, I went into the other thread where I posted them and modified those posts as well. More than fair in my book. I can't help how you or anyone else felt about the questions, or folks legal interpretations of how they were framed. I knew people would hate the questions, and focus back on me rather than the questions, par for the course. This is an important election, and I don't think I know enough about all of these candidates more than what their election statements say. So far at least Tiano took the time to address all of the questions put to him, it's more than any other candidate has done right? If I saw any other candidate talking about not wanting to be involved in the AMA and starting his own organization, and how the AMA doesn't have youth programs, and make fun of the president's clothing and reference an "elephant in the room", then ya, I'm going to call them out on it too. And then to do an immediate 180 and decide to run. How can that not be an issue for members who care about the AMA and where it's going?

As for the rest of the comments, more argumentative stuff. Every one of my comments isn't about you, if it is, I direct it to you but don't go down the personal attack path. I've made a concerted effort to discuss the issues, not the personality traits of the posters. You're projecting and making stuff up out of whole cloth at times, for example the second rate candidate comment, I never said anything of the kind. That's absolutely your interpretation. Tiano's "no sour grapes" diatribe was of course a sour grapes diatribe and it was embarrassing, imo. No class at all, including the personal comments about clothing. Disgraceful really, but folks justified that here by saying ya, he was probably mad. And Tiano not only confirms he wrote it, he then justifies it saying a comment like that is good, it helps to make things right, and slips in a reference to an elephant in the room. Not subtle at all. By the way, that's my take on the issue, my personal opinion which I would guess I'm entitled to, just as you are yours.

Now Tougas is running, and has issued his statement. If folks are on the fence about him, and have questions, hopefully he'll come and answer them. He did exactly that when he was running for DVP and although I didn't always agree with what he said (take back the senior discount) he laid out specifically why, and also what specific plans he had to do things differently. He displayed a real sense of class when he didn't get the nod after the votes and reached out to the winner, then wished him the best. Then he ran again and won. That's how it's done. I've already seen several comments here about him from folks in his district, most negative. He was all talk, he didn't do anything, he didn't do enough, etc etc. Those folks should step up and ask the tough questions, and Tougas should be able to answer them. As I noted before, if he can't deal with a couple of questions from folks here, how is he going to deal with his EC, other entities, and most importantly, the feds!
Old 08-21-2016, 04:21 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by tailskid
Fact #1 There is no FREE anything Fact #2 Those receiving their membership via BB THOUGHT of it as FREE.....but just like our good old government (gimme my free phone - remember that) NOTHING IS REALLY FREE!

Fair enough, I don't think anyone said they were actually free, as in no cost to anyone. The issue was that the AMA didn't "give" away these memberships for free, and incur any loss or deficit. In fact they derived multiple benefits from the partnership with Best Buy (more new members, more new revenue).

Would you agree at all that the program that didn't cost the AMA anything was a benefit to them via 600 new members, and 70,000 in dues? Is there anything positive there?
Old 08-21-2016, 04:36 PM
porcia83
Banned

Another interesting point or two in the meeting notes:

UAS4STEM – One regional competition is left in Washington State; the national competitions will be held in Muncie in August. Mathewson reported we significantly underestimated the amount of interest that program was going to generate. We’ve compensated that for next year; registration for 2017 is already open. This initiative has been incredibly successful so far in 2016.

For those not familiar with this program, a link below:

http://www.modelaviation.com/uas4stem-takes-flight

In the months leading up to the contest, the 17 teams (ages 11-19) were tasked with completing an online curriculum that included safety and flight training, building information, and aircraft programming; and building Quadzilla quadcopters.

It will be interesting to see what the total results were for 2016 participation. Just another sign that this type of aircraft, and method of flying, and the technical skills needed to do so are absolutely part of the AMA. Even better to see this focused on that age group. We held a similar introduction program last year at our club for Model Aviation Day and invited some cadets from the CAP, and they loved it.
Old 08-21-2016, 04:47 PM
astrohog

For accuracy sake, I wasn't asked to delete the e-mails that have been on a publicly available website for the past 7 years. They were summarily deleted without any warning,
OK fine. You weren't asked, they were deleted because they were posted in extremely poor taste, which was my whole point to begin with.

I deleted the rest of your ramblings from the above quote because it is simply your regurgitations of things I have never called you out on. I could care less what questions you asked Frank in the other thread. That is completely between you, him and the moderators. I didn't, "hate" them, nor did I "like" them.
As for the rest of the comments, more argumentative stuff. Every one of my comments isn't about you, if it is, I direct it to you but don't go down the personal attack path
Your jabs and intent are very clear (not only to me, but to all who are active in these threads) it is what you do. In order to avoid any confusion in the future, may I suggest that if you are NOT referring to me, do not post it in a post where you have quoted me.
I've made a concerted effort to discuss the issues, not the personality traits of the posters. You're projecting and making stuff up out of whole cloth at times, for example the second rate candidate comment, I never said anything of the kind. That's absolutely your interpretation.
UMM..it is right there in your post, and I quote you, "Also, might be a fair point to bring up. The District V spot came open months ago. Wouldn't that seem to be a good place for Tiano to have started? Wasn't he already an associate VP in that district to begin with? Why not start there and do a stint as a DVP rather than trying to come in from "the outside" to take the role as president? He's been asked some questions he's been unable to answer noting he isn't familiar with the current thoughts/processes at the AMA now. From purely a tactical position, why not get on the EC as a DVP (of a huge and very active district I might add), attend the open and executive meetings to get a full and thorough understanding of whats going on, then be that much more prepared for the presidency?" If, "coming in from "the outside"" is not calling him an outsider, I honestly do not know what is! It's right there in plain English!
Tiano's "no sour grapes" diatribe was of course a sour grapes diatribe and it was embarrassing, imo. No class at all, including the personal comments about clothing. Disgraceful really, but folks justified that here by saying ya, he was probably mad. And Tiano not only confirms he wrote it, he then justifies it saying a comment like that is good, it helps to make things right, and slips in a reference to an elephant in the room. Not subtle at all. By the way, that's my take on the issue, my personal opinion which I would guess I'm entitled to, just as you are yours.
WHY do you keep spouting this crap at me? I certainly didn't bring it up and I don't care to hear your opinion about it again! That is between you and Frank.

Now Tougas is running, and has issued his statement. If folks are on the fence about him, and have questions, hopefully he'll come and answer them. He did exactly that when he was running for DVP and although I didn't always agree with what he said (take back the senior discount) he laid out specifically why, and also what specific plans he had to do things differently. He displayed a real sense of class when he didn't get the nod after the votes and reached out to the winner, then wished him the best. Then he ran again and won. That's how it's done. I've already seen several comments here about him from folks in his district, most negative. He was all talk, he didn't do anything, he didn't do enough, etc etc. Those folks should step up and ask the tough questions, and Tougas should be able to answer them. As I noted before, if he can't deal with a couple of questions from folks here, how is he going to deal with his EC, other entities, and most importantly, the feds!
Again, I don't care! If you want to continue rambling about the candidates you dislike, feel free to do so, just do it in a separate post than one where you've quoted me. I did not solicit your opinions and I feel as if I have to go shower every time you do.

Astro
Old 08-21-2016, 05:00 PM
porcia83
Banned

OK fine. You weren't asked, they were deleted because they were posted in extremely poor taste, which was my whole point to begin with.

I deleted the rest of your ramblings from the above quote because it is simply your regurgitations of things I have never called you out on. I could care less what questions you asked Frank in the other thread. That is completely between you, him and the moderators. I didn't, "hate" them, nor did I "like" them.
Your jabs and intent are very clear (not only to me, but to all who are active in these threads) it is what you do. In order to avoid any confusion in the future, may I suggest that if you are NOT referring to me, do not post it in a post where you have quoted me.

UMM..it is right there in your post, and I quote you, "Also, might be a fair point to bring up. The District V spot came open months ago. Wouldn't that seem to be a good place for Tiano to have started? Wasn't he already an associate VP in that district to begin with? Why not start there and do a stint as a DVP rather than trying to come in from "the outside" to take the role as president? He's been asked some questions he's been unable to answer noting he isn't familiar with the current thoughts/processes at the AMA now. From purely a tactical position, why not get on the EC as a DVP (of a huge and very active district I might add), attend the open and executive meetings to get a full and thorough understanding of whats going on, then be that much more prepared for the presidency?" If, "coming in from "the outside"" is not calling him an outsider, I honestly do not know what is! It's right there in plain English!

WHY do you keep spouting this crap at me? I certainly didn't bring it up and I don't care to hear your opinion about it again! That is between you and Frank.

Again, I don't care! If you want to continue rambling about the candidates you dislike, feel free to do so, just do it in a separate post than one where you've quoted me. I did not solicit your opinions and I feel as if I have to go shower every time you do.

Astro
As you indicated you would be doing earlier, probably best not to engage or respond, if doing so makes you want to take a shower. I apologize if my providing some context is taken as me spouting crap at you, just trying to give you a better understanding of where I'm coming from, absent the nonstop personal attacks. I can't seem to win with you, you ask a question and I respond, then get tagged for annoying you. Jeepers.

May I suggest we agree to disagree?
Old 08-21-2016, 05:15 PM
astrohog

May I suggest we agree to disagree?
So innocuous.

Astro
Old 08-21-2016, 05:18 PM
porcia83
Banned

So innocuous.

Astro
Agree to agree, I knew we'd get back there eventually.

Have a good night.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:16 PM
Sport_Pilot

I never said they were free. Others did. I suggest you read the thread from the beginning.
Old 08-21-2016, 07:43 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

I suggest YOU re-read what YOU said in post #84 and I quote: " But others said......"

Guess it is time to work on building another P 51.. I don't have time for you! Sorry I peed in you cereal SP.

Jerry
Old 08-22-2016, 12:33 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

ya know, i been thinking i had read that the best buy program did have some costs associated with it, and there it was, right there in the minutes:

"6. Executive Director’s Report

Best Buy – Revenue continues to trickle in; to date we have received $70,376 as a result of the program. The cost to implement the program was $23,000 so we have realized significant revenue. AMA realizes about $72.33 per member that joins AMA as a result of the Best Buy program. AMA also realized about 1,000 new members as a result of the program."

never hurts to re read things a week or so later.
Old 08-22-2016, 04:25 AM
Sport_Pilot

I suggest YOU re-read what YOU said in post #84 and I quote: " But others said......"

Guess it is time to work on building another P 51.. I don't have time for you! Sorry I peed in you cereal SP.

Jerry
So I say others said it is free. You reply to that post that nothing is free. It try to make it clear that I did not say that, and you get angry? Look I was not angry and you did not even pee till that last post. Please refrain your self. If you are that sensitive, then I suggest you should not be posting.
Old 08-22-2016, 04:26 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by mongo
ya know, i been thinking i had read that the best buy program did have some costs associated with it, and there it was, right there in the minutes:

Best Buy – Revenue continues to trickle in; to date we have received $70,376 as a result of the program. The cost to implement the program was $23,000 so we have realized significant revenue. AMA realizes about $72.33 per member that joins AMA as a result of the Best Buy program. AMA also realized about 1,000 new members as a result of the program."

Costs? Looks like a net gain to me.
Old 08-22-2016, 04:49 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by mongo

That's a good catch. So they "netted" about $50,000. I had previously noted they got about 600 new members, in reality it was about 1000.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.