Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

this is why...

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

this is why...

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 07:54 AM
Sport_Pilot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by init4fun
Hi Sport ,

I'm sorry that my computer skills would make a 5th grader laugh , and I have no answer for your question . I did want to comment on what I read in the story in the link you provided though . Did you notice where it was estimated that about a Drone a month is being shot down here in the US ? If that stat is true , I'm truly amazed there has not been more TV news coverage of the fact that drone shooting is becoming as popular a pastime as Skeet shooting is ! A drone a month and my local news has reported on that I know of just one or two drone shoot down stories ? It seems at such a rate as 1 per month this would be a far bigger news story than which Kardashian has broken up with which boyfriend , of which we're treated to almost nightly coverage of ?

Hmm, gives me an idea. How bout drone skeet?
Old 09-26-2016, 08:07 AM
TimJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do you mean like this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_tb3Cvlbgc
Old 09-26-2016, 08:43 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Hi Tim ,

Oh Hell ya , for someone rich enough to pay for remote controlled clay pigeons of any sort and has the big wide open safe area to shoot em , I think that'd literally be a blast and I'd even pay to do it as a "theme park" experience were I rich enough !

But the thing Sport's story was talking about I think is the possibility of one a month being taken down by other than the gent paying for it and if that's indeed true it's a kinda troubling stat indeed . Does this mean that there are so many already being flown over folk's property that folks feel they have the right to be blasting it outta the sky no matter it's mission ? Oh sure show me one hovering outside anybody's window and that drone is fair game to be blasted , as far as I'm concerned . But I guess the real question is , is there really one drone a month peepin in someone's windows , or are folks becoming accustomed to "it's a drone , it must be spying on ME , therefor it must be destroyed" thinking ?
Old 09-26-2016, 08:51 AM
Sport_Pilot

I suspect there are a lot more than one a month peeping through windows, but most don't get shot down!
Old 09-26-2016, 08:54 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by init4fun
Hi Tim ,

Oh Hell ya , for someone rich enough to pay for remote controlled clay pigeons of any sort and has the big wide open safe area to shoot em , I think that'd literally be a blast and I'd even pay to do it as a "theme park" experience were I rich enough !

But the thing Sport's story was talking about I think is the possibility of one a month being taken down by other than the gent paying for it and if that's indeed true it's a kinda troubling stat indeed . Does this mean that there are so many already being flown over folk's property that folks feel they have the right to be blasting it outta the sky no matter it's mission ? Oh sure show me one hovering outside anybody's window and that drone is fair game to be blasted , as far as I'm concerned . But I guess the real question is , is there really one drone a month peepin in someone's windows , or are folks becoming accustomed to "it's a drone , it must be spying on ME , therefor it must be destroyed" thinking ?

The point of the story is that if ruled in favour of the defendant then it will be perfectly legal to blast them when over your property. At least when in rural areas with no firearm discharge law. So if so then maybe a whole lot more than one a month will be shot.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:04 AM
Sport_Pilot

Apparently the drones are easier to shoot down than model airplanes. Even with the distraction.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:13 AM
Sport_Pilot

Originally Posted by TimJ
Do you have a topless version?
Old 09-27-2016, 06:21 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
I suspect there are a lot more than one a month peeping through windows, but most don't get shot down!
Sport , Here's a good , True Drone spying story for ya . One of the people who were friends of the two Boston Marathon bombers lived in a neighboring city to Boston named Quincy . The authorities followed the guy around (he was a cab driver) so much with a Drone that the police station kept getting tons of calls about a really strange thing zipping around in the sky and of course the police themselves weren't allowed to tell the public what it was so as to not compromise the investigation . After the two bombers had their trials and things moved on to trying the secondary accomplices it was then revealed that he was indeed tracked with a Drone and that the Drone footage of course did put him in places he had claimed not to have been . I relate this to show that for a one time quick peep into a window it may be indeed very had to spot , but half the city of Quincy knew there was something weird in the air that they kept calling the police about , and of course now know was a government owned Drone , The total irony being that about the only one who didn't seem to notice something odd in the skies above him was the suspect !

Apparently the drones are easier to shoot down than model airplanes. Even with the distraction.
Sure , the Drones are just about hovering there , Ya don't gotta figure in the lead time .

Do you have a topless version?
+1