Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

UAS Registration Update ?

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

UAS Registration Update ?

Old 10-06-2016, 12:54 PM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts
Default UAS Registration Update ?

Anybody else get the Email from the FAA under the heading of "UAS Registration Update" and open it to find it's actually a warning to stay outta the way of operations during hurricane Matthew ? Maybe it's me , but I don't consider a warning to stay out of a potential disaster area to be any kinds of an "update" to my UAS registration in any way and the misleading title almost got it deleted as spam/scam .

FAA - 1
Old 10-06-2016, 02:41 PM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by init4fun
Anybody else get the Email from the FAA under the heading of "UAS Registration Update" and open it to find it's actually a warning to stay outta the way of operations during hurricane Matthew ? Maybe it's me , but I don't consider a warning to stay out of a potential disaster area to be any kinds of an "update" to my UAS registration in any way and the misleading title almost got it deleted as spam/scam .

FAA - 1
Unfortunately the "warning" is going to the ones who don't really need warnings about not doing stupid things.. Now the morons who have caused this whole mess with the Feds in the first place will continue to be morons and never got the FAA Update in the first place or even care for that matter.
Kinda stupid IMO

Mike
Old 10-06-2016, 06:04 PM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcmiket
Unfortunately the "warning" is going to the ones who don't really need warnings about not doing stupid things.. Now the morons who have caused this whole mess with the Feds in the first place will continue to be morons and never got the FAA Update in the first place or even care for that matter.
Kinda stupid IMO

Mike
The repeated name calling/generalization thing helps the conversation. As if people never did silly or stupid things with fixed wing aircraft before MR's came along. What was Pirker flying again? Ya...fixed wing.
Old 10-06-2016, 06:18 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
The repeated name calling/generalization thing helps the conversation.
LOL. Because you never do that! The way you use "traditional" and "turbine", they may as well be interchangeable with "FOG" or "Moron".
What was Pirker flying again?
A drone. Why do you keep wanting to create separation, when you have made it very clear that they are all the same as far as you are concerned? More illogical fallacies! LOL

Astro
Old 10-06-2016, 06:24 PM
init4fun

...............Maybe it's me , but I don't consider a warning to stay out of a potential disaster area to be any kinds of an "update" to my UAS registration....................
In case anyone has any , , , trouble , figuring out what this thread is about . Some may try to play it off as a slap at the warning itself , as is typical of those with agendas to push , but the real premise of the thread is ; Just why would a warning to stay out of a disaster area be sent under the heading of being an "Update" to someone's "UAS Registration" ? Can anyone without an agenda explain how , what should be a simple TFR is instead sent as being an "Update to UAS Registration" ?
Old 10-06-2016, 06:36 PM
countilaw

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

What is really sad, is the amount of wasted Tax payer money being used in these ludicrous "Warnings". , I am really tired of seeing my tax dollars wasted like this.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:21 PM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by countilaw
What is really sad, is the amount of wasted Tax payer money being used in these ludicrous "Warnings". , I am really tired of seeing my tax dollars wasted like this.
The "cost" of shooting out some e-mails based on a database of users is at best, nominal, and certainly a far cry from more wasteful things they do. Seems like this would be one of those damned if they do, damned if they don't situations though. If they didn't do this and someone flew and caused an issue, I'm fairly certain we'd see a -1 for the FAA for failing to issue a warning, didn't do their job and they should have because some of us paid $5.00 for a registration...etc etc etc.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:32 PM
porcia83
Banned

In case anyone has any , , , trouble , figuring out what this thread is about . Some may try to play it off as a slap at the warning itself , as is typical of those with agendas to push , but the real premise of the thread is ; Just why would a warning to stay out of a disaster area be sent under the heading of being an "Update" to someone's "UAS Registration" ? Can anyone without an agenda explain how , what should be a simple TFR is instead sent as being an "Update to UAS Registration" ?
Not sure what the alleged agenda thing is all about...just the new catch phrase I guess. Not sure what your reference is to "what should be a simple TFR"...since when does the FAA issue TFRs for bad weather? It's a moving weather system. Although some limited instances of natural disasters could result in a TFR, it's not commonly used.

Seems pedantic to focus in on the work "update" versus "TFR". At the end of the day, does it take away from the message/warning they are sending?
Old 10-06-2016, 07:41 PM
astrohog

Not sure what the alleged agenda thing is all about...just the new catch phrase I guess. Not sure what your reference is to "what should be a simple TFR"...since when does the FAA issue TFRs for bad weather? It's a moving weather system. Although some limited instances of natural disasters could result in a TFR, it's not commonly used.

Seems pedantic to focus in on the work "update" versus "TFR". At the end of the day, does it take away from the message/warning they are sending?
Pedantic????????????? LOLOLOLOLOLLLLLLLL

Astro

Last edited by astrohog; 10-06-2016 at 07:49 PM.
Old 10-06-2016, 07:54 PM
astrohog

The "cost" of shooting out some e-mails based on a database of users is at best, nominal,.
As for e-mail, no, actually it's not free. The e-mail fairy doesn't exist anymore,
LOL!!!

Funny how your "opinion" and tone changes depending on which side of the fence you happen to be on from one day to the next!!

You are a real piece of work!

Regards,

Astro
Old 10-07-2016, 02:14 AM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

Originally Posted by astrohog
LOL!!!

Funny how your "opinion" and tone changes depending on which side of the fence you happen to be on from one day to the next!!

Regards,

Astro

+1 Whichever way the wind blows !
Old 10-07-2016, 03:28 AM
porcia83
Banned

LOL!!!

Regards,

Astro
This from the guy who says he thinks he's wasting his time but is only here to follow me around and respond to my posts. Have you figured it out yet? LoL.

Now I'm being criticized for being flexible or having a different opinion than others. Go figure.

By all means...share the hard and fast numbers of what it costs to send out the e-mails. It will be the new outrage of the week, the FAA's very own lapel pin and adorned shirt fiasco. Got a link? A source? Actual experience, or just more.....argument?
Old 10-07-2016, 03:28 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
Yep , pretty much .....
Old 10-07-2016, 03:29 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by flyinwalenda
+2 Brian, welcome back...the more ramora the better!
Old 10-07-2016, 03:30 AM
porcia83
Banned

Yep , pretty much .....
Only here can someone be attacked for being open minded and flexible. This place that loves to castigate "sheeple". LoL. No caps, emojis, or exclamation point outrage?
Old 10-07-2016, 03:48 AM
astrohog

Only here can someone be attacked for being open minded and flexible. This place that loves to castigate "sheeple". LoL. No caps, emojis, or exclamation point outrage?
Only in Porcia's reality can one who contradicts himself from one day to the next, be called, "flexible" LOL

Oh, and don't use caps, emoji's or exclamation points in your posts, or it is an "outrage"

Thanks for the laughs!

Astro
Old 10-07-2016, 04:06 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by countilaw
Pretty much some see it as money well spent to keep the idiots informed on how to behave which in itself is really sad.
Mike
Old 10-07-2016, 04:06 AM
astrohog

Have you figured it out yet?
Yes. You ae an AMA fanboi You want to "be" somebody and you found it easy to do by bloviating on internet forums, and rattling the cages of all who do not follow in-line with your beliefs. .Learned that all within the first couple of dances with you. It's really quite transparent.

Now I'm being criticized for being flexible or having a different opinion than others. Go figure.
Criticized for your opinion? No, you are being called out for your spin. One day, e-mails are not free, "the e-mail fairy doesn't exist anymore" and the next they are "nominal, at best". LOL I guess the e-mail fairy has returned??

By all means...share the hard and fast numbers of what it costs to send out the e-mails. It will be the new outrage of the week,
Spin and deflection. I was the one that said sending e=mails was a cheap, effective way to reach membership. YOU came at me with the e-mail fairy comment, NOW you defend sending e-mails because of their "nominal" cost and infer that I want to start an "outrage" of the week?

Quit spinning Porcia, You are just dragging these threads to new lows. Take your drama elsewhere......

Astro
Old 10-07-2016, 04:07 AM
rcmiket

Only in Porcia's reality can one who contradicts himself from one day to the next, be called, "flexible" LOL

Oh, and don't use caps, emoji's or exclamation points in your posts, or it is an "outrage"

Thanks for the laughs!

Astro
The words porcia and reality should never be used in the same sentence.

Mike
Old 10-07-2016, 04:25 AM
porcia83
Banned

Originally Posted by rcmiket
The words porcia and reality should never be used in the same sentence.

Mike
LoL...good one!
Old 10-07-2016, 04:26 AM
porcia83
Banned

Yes. You ae an AMA fanboi You want to "be" somebody and you found it easy to do by bloviating on internet forums, and rattling the cages of all who do not follow in-line with your beliefs. .Learned that all within the first couple of dances with you. It's really quite transparent.

Criticized for your opinion? No, you are being called out for your spin. One day, e-mails are not free, "the e-mail fairy doesn't exist anymore" and the next they are "nominal, at best". LOL I guess the e-mail fairy has returned??

Spin and deflection. I was the one that said sending e=mails was a cheap, effective way to reach membership. YOU came at me with the e-mail fairy comment, NOW you defend sending e-mails because of their "nominal" cost and infer that I want to start an "outrage" of the week?

Quit spinning Porcia, You are just dragging these threads to new lows. Take your drama elsewhere......

Astro
Fanboi....sheeple....morons...idiots....haters.... etc etc. Jeepers!
Old 10-07-2016, 04:32 AM
astrohog

Fanboi....sheeple....morons...idiots....haters.... etc etc. Jeepers!
Weak............
Old 10-07-2016, 07:10 AM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

and the BS goes on and on and on with PORCIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AA!
Old 10-07-2016, 09:04 AM
init4fun

Originally Posted by PLANE JIM
and the BS goes on and on and on with PORCIAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AA!
Jim , the sad thing for real is that it derails every thread , this constant twisting of folk's words to fit his agenda (as stated in his sig line "agenda brotherhood" or some such nonsense) . Now , the topic of this thread is that the FAA sent out an Email with a title that looked suspicious enough that it almost got deleted as spam/scam , and thus the warning wouldn't have been received in that case at all . Is it really too much to ask that the FAA uses proper Email titles so that folks have some idea that the Email is legitimate ? I will say that I agree 101% with Mike that anybody who needs such a warning has common sense issues to start with and that an FAA warning to those of us who registered and follow the rules isn't gonna help much since the person who does fly in the way of rescue operations is very likely to be a person who hasn't registered , and thus ain't receiving any FAA Emails , however badly titled they may be .

So , as a recap ;

FAA sending warning = good

FAA using wrong Email title on warning = bad

I hope this clears up any "confusion" anybody may still have about the topic of this thread ..
Old 10-07-2016, 04:42 PM
flyinwalenda
My Feedback: (5)

I hope this clears up any "confusion" anybody may still have about the topic of this thread ..
Is this confusion that someone had yesterday, is having today, or will have sometime in the future at a time convenient to them?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.