Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Should AMA membership be required to be a member of an AMA S.I.G. ?

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.
View Poll Results: Should AMA membership be required to be a member of an AMA SIG ?
Yes one should have to be an AMA member before they can join an AMA SIG
87.80%
NO , someone should NOT have to first be an AMA member to join an AMA sig
12.20%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Should AMA membership be required to be a member of an AMA S.I.G. ?

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-2016, 07:01 AM
cj_rumley

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by porcia83
We're back to post counting, and copying my questions, and speaking for others in the thread, how original and fun. Next up, lol, it's all the rage.

But no really, I think you clarified things perfectly. Sort of like Matt did a while back talking about folks who weren't invested in the hobby as much as he was because they flew foamies instead of $15,000 scratch built turbines. Every now and then the classicism and elitism comes through loud and clear, it's the whole "traditional" thing just wrapped in a different package. No doubt a perfect example of how folks are greeted at clubs across the country when they show up looking for help. Oh...you have a park flyer, that's not a model airplane.

I voted the the right way, for me, thanks for asking.

I'm confident I know who will win, but even if I'm wrong (rare, but possible) the right person will have won. Why? Because that's what the majority of folks voting wanted. It will be a beautiful thing. Democracy at it's best. I hope the folks who lose will have the class the accept the results and give their full support to the victor. It's doubtful Tiano (former SIG president for a number of days) will, but there's hope. He and his surrogates already laid the groundwork months ago for complaints with the whole "it's not fair, the process is rigged against me, they left me off the ballot, all the good old boys samo samo stuff". Rather than anxious, I'm real interested to see how he responds to the results.

Now, off to work on my TAG application.

All that in reply to a query about how you voted on the poll that is the topic of this thread. You are some piece of work.
Old 11-01-2016, 07:06 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by cj_rumley
All that in reply to a query about how you voted on the poll that is the topic of this thread. You are some piece of work.
It's all about the post count.

Mike
Old 11-01-2016, 08:46 AM
porcia83
Banned
My Feedback: (8)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rcmiket
it's all about the post count.

Mike
lol
Old 11-01-2016, 09:43 AM
cj_rumley

Originally Posted by rcmiket
It's all about the post count.

Mike
Paid by the piece?
Old 11-01-2016, 01:11 PM
porcia83
Banned

Oh goodness, I must have missed the part where all you did was ask me a question. My bad, it was buried in between the usual personal attacks. I'll try to stay more focused next time.

I am however glad to see we stand together in opposition to the poll question. It's you and me and a couple others against the world! Folks are sitting up and noticing. Rumblings in Muncie I suspect.
Old 11-01-2016, 01:13 PM
porcia83
Banned

Paid by the piece?
My admission price to the cj_rumley show........

Don't be swayed by the others and their obsessions with post count. It's right up there with the whole foamy v model aircraft elitism, not for me! Odd that it's never an issue for the folks well above me, like closing in on 20,000! Wow that's a lot! I look at the issue as one of quality, not quantity!

**Dawned on me later...paid by the piece. Another conspiracy in it's infancy. Good stuff!

Last edited by porcia83; 11-01-2016 at 02:31 PM.
Old 11-01-2016, 02:55 PM
cj_rumley

Oh goodness, I must have missed the part where all you did was ask me a question. My bad, it was buried in between the usual personal attacks. I'll try to stay more focused next time.

I am however glad to see we stand together in opposition to the poll question. It's you and me and a couple others against the world! Folks are sitting up and noticing. Rumblings in Muncie I suspect.
Suggest you take some time off from your Dale Carnegie course of study to brush up on Reading Comprehension. I am in no way opposed to the poll question that Init asked. Had I been I would not have given an answer. I stood together with mongo in my answer. I didn't see yours, but then I wouldn't make much of an effort to that end.
Old 11-01-2016, 03:05 PM
porcia83
Banned

Suggest you take some time off from your Dale Carnegie course of study to brush up on Reading Comprehension. I am in no way opposed to the poll question that Init asked. Had I been I would not have given an answer. I stood together with mongo in my answer. I didn't see yours, but then I wouldn't make much of an effort to that end.
LoL, reading comprehension indeed. Reminds me of spelling/grammar police in threads that are usually guilty of the same thing. I sense a theme, do as I say, not as I do. Anyway..see that box you checked that said NO...ya, that one. In opposition to the question posed. Yes, that one above...up there. Typically when one says "no", they are opposed. I guess I didn't make myself clear in all of my posts here (that you pointed out previously) that I'm against it as well, or there's an effort to split hairs and find another reason to disagree. Regardless, we now stand together in unity opposing the forced joining of the AMA to join a SIG. It takes a strong will to go against the tide, to fight the herd of sheeple if you will, so congrats on that. I'm all about freedom of choice, and less involvement in the powers that be, especially when their hand is out looking for cash!
Old 11-01-2016, 03:32 PM
cj_rumley

LoL, reading comprehension indeed. Reminds me of spelling/grammar police in threads that are usually guilty of the same thing. I sense a theme, do as I say, not as I do. Anyway..see that box you checked that said NO...ya, that one. In opposition to the question posed. Yes, that one above...up there. Typically when one says "no", they are opposed. I guess I didn't make myself clear in all of my posts here (that you pointed out previously) that I'm against it as well, or there's an effort to split hairs and find another reason to disagree. Regardless, we now stand together in unity opposing the forced joining of the AMA to join a SIG. It takes a strong will to go against the tide, to fight the herd of sheeple if you will, so congrats on that. I'm all about freedom of choice, and less involvement in the powers that be, especially when their hand is out looking for cash!
Belay my last.....hang in there with Carnegie....though frankly it doesn't look promising.
Old 11-01-2016, 03:38 PM
porcia83
Banned

mkay, I tried to find some common ground! At least I know we agree on that one issue.
Old 11-18-2016, 08:56 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

You know I am not even sure what the S.I.G. stands for? Everytime I see it I thing of SIG manufacturing..
Old 11-18-2016, 09:42 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Special Interest Group
Old 11-26-2016, 02:01 PM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

A SIG represents the interests of that particular group within the AAM such as JPO the Jet Pilots Organization deals with jets, mostly turbine. IRCHA runs the helicopter jamboree, others run or help run their Nats etc. IMAC, Racing, all have SIG's affiliated with the AMA
Old 11-27-2016, 09:09 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
A SIG represents the interests of that particular group within the AMA such as JPO the Jet Pilots Organization deals with jets, mostly turbine. IRCHA runs the helicopter jamboree, others run or help run their Nats etc. IMAC, Racing, all have SIG's affiliated with the AMA
Thank You for the well worded description Andy . The very first part of your statement is exactly why I believe AMA membership should be required before a person can join an AMA subgroup .

"A SIG represents the interests of that particular group within the AMA"

It is the "within" part that makes me say ;

"how can one be a member of a subgroup without first belonging to the larger organization that the subgroup represents some of the members of ?"
Old 11-27-2016, 09:23 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by init4fun

"how can one be a member of a subgroup without first belonging to the larger organization that the subgroup represents some of the members of ?"
Exactly.

Mike
Old 11-27-2016, 01:24 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

Thank You for the well worded description Andy . The very first part of your statement is exactly why I believe AMA membership should be required before a person can join an AMA subgroup .

+1
I agree, the thread states AMA SIG. To me that means AMA Members.
Old 11-27-2016, 09:43 PM
Sport_Pilot

But the AMA does require flying members to belong to AMA. Why can't they have non flying members? Why cut off a small source of revenue?
Old 11-28-2016, 07:36 AM
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by Sport_Pilot
But the AMA does require flying members to belong to AMA. Why can't they have non flying members? Why cut off a small source of revenue?
No problem with non flying members there are lots of those anyways they just have to pay the same price for admission as everyone else.

Dennis