Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

AMA Health? Mixed messages from EC over last six months

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

AMA Health? Mixed messages from EC over last six months

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2017, 07:24 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

FYI, it's been several days and AMA has not responded to either request, the one for the PPT presented in open session or the request for the EC meeting rules called for in Article 14 of the bylaws.
Old 01-19-2017, 02:35 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

And this surprises you WHY???
Old 01-19-2017, 03:29 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
And this surprises you WHY???
I'm not. Profoundly disappointed actually.

At some point one has to ask why they hold information and resist transparency. During my time in charge, my Staff Judge Advocate would always respond to questions like that with "Cui Bono?" It's a latin phrase from the legal world which means "to who's profit?" Some take a bit more loosely to mean "Who benefits?"

So I'm wondering "Who benefits" from such behaviors by the board? Could it be the organization is in much worse shape than we've been told? Perhaps. Could it be that demographics are much worse than we've been told? Perhaps.

Anyway, I just don't see that it as a positive sign with respect to the management and future of the organization.
Old 01-19-2017, 03:43 PM
rcmiket

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by franklin_m
I'm not. Profoundly disappointed actually.

At some point one has to ask why they hold information and resist transparency. During my time in charge, my Staff Judge Advocate would always respond to questions like that with "Cui Bono?" It's a latin phrase from the legal world which means "to who's profit?" Some take a bit more loosely to mean "Who benefits?"

So I'm wondering "Who benefits" from such behaviors by the board? Could it be the organization is in much worse shape than we've been told? Perhaps. Could it be that demographics are much worse than we've been told? Perhaps.

Anyway, I just don't see that it as a positive sign with respect to the management and future of the organization.

If the EC thinks I can grow the organization without us ( the members) their nuts. Withholding information isn't the way to gain the trust of it's members which by the way is the greatest recruiting tool they (we) have.

Mike
Old 01-19-2017, 06:19 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Just had a thought, a DOJ or IRS audit might loosen some lips into giving answers
Old 01-20-2017, 04:42 AM
rcmiket

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie
Just had a thought, a DOJ or IRS audit might loosen some lips into giving answers

They just went though a IRS audit last year with just a few minor issues that have been addressed already according to the EC minutes posted a few meeting back..

Mike
Old 01-28-2017, 02:51 PM
FLAPHappy
My Feedback: (209)

OH No, another break thru!