Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

PRIMARY Insurance & possible alternative to AMA

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

PRIMARY Insurance & possible alternative to AMA

Old 04-05-2019, 12:04 PM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wattmhite
AMA is good on insuring personal/hobby drones but not commercial or business ventures
AMA Announces Commercial Drone Insurance AMA Drone Insurance

Nov 7, 2017 - The Academy of Model Aeronautics (AMA) has announced a partnership deal with Harry A. Koch Insurers to offer commercial drone insurance to members.
AMA Drone Insurance

Now, how can someone who claims to LOVE the AMA, think it's the greatest since sliced bread, know so little about it?
Old 04-05-2019, 12:40 PM
tedsander

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts

Interesting that the "drone" safety guidelines by IDRA are complimentary to the Orlando ordinance, and vice versa.
Old 04-05-2019, 04:52 PM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by wattmhite
AMA is good on insuring personal/hobby drones but not commercial or business ventures
P83, Where you been, man?
Old 04-08-2019, 10:29 AM
fliers1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Farmers Insurance Commmercial | AMA Government Relations Blog
Old 04-08-2019, 04:35 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

what a waste of time...
Old 04-09-2019, 02:44 AM
Appowner
Banned

Originally Posted by mongo
what a waste of time...
Agreed!
I noticed too, for whatever reason, there was no call to arms for the membership to also contact Farmers and complain.

Reminds me of a scene from the movie The Right Stuff. When Vice President LBJ gets up on the stage and cries out to the audience, "Looky here what I done for you!"

Last edited by Appowner; 04-09-2019 at 03:33 AM.
Old 04-10-2019, 09:13 AM
Stickslammer

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Aww, AMA got their feelings hurt. Like the time ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) sent a letter to GEICO insurance about how they didn't like their commercial where the announcer said "Leave the nagging doubt to your auto mechanic". Just having a little fun at what`s true. As an auto mechanic I`ve had a few episodes of nagging doubt. It doesn't matter how good you are.
sUASs are gonna smash into something or each other at some point. Sometimes stuff just happens.
Old 04-11-2019, 02:33 AM
Appowner
Banned

Originally Posted by Stickslammer
............. Sometimes stuff just happens.
Ain't that the truth!

But this thread raises a question that I believe has been raised before. Had the AMA letter been a call to arms, how many of the faithful would have written a letter to their congress critters? How many would have written more than one? And how many would continue to write letters after the initial call to arms?

My bet is the numbers would surprise you and they wouldn't be very big numbers either. My experience suggests too many people like to complain but damn few will ever really get involved or stay involved. One letter wonders who smugly think (and proclaim) they've done their part. They'll say they don't have the time. I say they're too lazy. And I mean involved in the business and politics of the matter. Not some Fun Fly at the local club.

And before anyone says anything, while still living in Virginia I visited my Congressman and Senators on a regular basis. In their offices at least once a year since the mid 1990's. And numerous phone calls and letters on top of that. This Friday I intend, health allowing, to meet my local representative to the State Legislature of Michigan where we now live. Will be interesting indeed. I will mention drones but suspect the entire meet will remain pretty low keyed.