Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Horace Caine

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

Horace Caine

Old 08-17-2017, 06:30 AM
RCPAUL
My Feedback: (1)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Horace Caine

A while back (and it's getting to be quite a while), there was a fellow who was very active posting on the forums, especially the AMA forum. His name was Horace Caine and at one time he was an AMA VP from Texas before resigning that post. Then, later, he tried very hard for several years to get reelected, without success. He was very well known and also controversial, creating lots of discussion and moderator interventions.

He came to mind when I saw a posting for an event in the Houston area where he was from.

Does anyone know what became of him?

Paul
Old 08-17-2017, 08:03 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

I have no clue what happened to Horrace. I know that I definitely earned my pay keeping an eye on him at times. But I can assure you that his username is still in good standing. His last post was made on March 17th, 2015 in the 50+ thread. Here's the link to his last post: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/club...l#post12004580.

While Horrace and I butted heads many times, I admired his dedication to the AMA. I do hope that he is still alive and kicking somewhere. Hopefully somebody has a report of where he is at.

Ken
Old 08-17-2017, 02:25 PM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

RCPaul, the event you mentioned.....I asked if he was in attendance and the answer was "yes" he was there.

i too miss his postings....

Jerry
Old 08-18-2017, 05:13 AM
rgburrill

Received 76 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by RCKen
I have no clue what happened to Horrace. I know that I definitely earned my pay keeping an eye on him at times. But I can assure you that his username is still in good standing. His last post was made on March 17th, 2015 in the 50+ thread. Here's the link to his last post: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/club...l#post12004580.

While Horrace and I butted heads many times, I admired his dedication to the AMA. I do hope that he is still alive and kicking somewhere. Hopefully somebody has a report of where he is at.

Ken
Wow, over 2 years ago? Seems like only late last year during the AMA election run-up.
Old 09-12-2017, 05:08 AM
bdawg50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Because of confidentiality issues these days I will be cautious with what I say. Horace Cain is still around and fine. He has had a medical issue and is not the same Horace Cain that was always aggressively posting his viewpoints on RCU.

Allan
Old 09-12-2017, 11:41 AM
RCKen
RCU Forum Manager/Admin
My Feedback: (9)

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by bdawg50
Because of confidentiality issues these days I will be cautious with what I say. Horace Cain is still around and fine. He has had a medical issue and is not the same Horace Cain that was always aggressively posting his viewpoints on RCU.

Allan
Allan,
Thanks for letting us know that Horace is still around and kicking. I'm glad to here that he's still around. Please pass along that RCKen at RCU sends him my best wishes to pull him through whatever he's going through right now. While we may have butted heads in the past I have always respected him for the way he stood up for what he believed in. So please let him know that I'm sending him my best wishes.

Ken