Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

VP Election

Community
Search
Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

VP Election

Search this Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 06:44 AM
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PLANE JIM
I see no problem at all with the election results being shared at the end of the election with anyone including the candidates. Why would it matter to anyone in what order they were shared- as long as they are available to everyone. Some people get upset when they are not in the know FIRST- which is really nothing about the election results; rather a character defect because their EGO was bruised-
I really don't think this has anything to do with bruised egos, rather folks that are feeling alienated and unimportant by the organization that simply would not exist without US, its dues-paying members.
Remember us? the folks that created the AMA to support and advocate for us and our hobby?

It is absolutely confounding to me how some view the AMA as an organization that is somehow a separate entity from "us", that we should look to for "their" almighty leadership and goose-step to the beat of "their" drum because we need "them", lest "we" (and our love for and enjoyment of the hobby) simply wither away and become insignificant.

WHEN did this fundamental transformation take place? HOW did it happen?

Almost everywhere I look, we seem to be transforming into a society of sheeple, gladly allowing those with a thirst for power and control to take it and give us what they deem is "best" for "us".

Regards,

Astro
Old 11-17-2017, 06:58 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 346 Likes on 277 Posts

What you're saying doesn't apply (i'm not talking about the columns)

The ballots have to be post marked by a certain day, I want to say it was Nov 9th but it doesn't matter. Then there is a waiting period of several days to allow any votes that are making their way in the mail to reach HQ. THEN the votes are counted, and the results published.

Anything about corruption or tampering is utter crap.

Also, what is this about hearing from your opponent? All that was said was Randy published the results on Facebook, there's was nothing said or implied that LT wasn't informed of the results at the same time.
Old 11-17-2017, 10:04 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey

Also, what is this about hearing from your opponent? All that was said was Randy published the results on Facebook, there's was nothing said or implied that LT wasn't informed of the results at the same time.
IS IT??
Why was someone told ahead of everyone else they had won an election?
Who counted the votes?
How do you know if LT was informed of the results at the same time as Randy?
If I were someone with an ax to grind, I'd be asking this and demanding answers. Since I don't, you can take it for what it's worth. Something smells very fishy to me as I have been involved with organizations that did similar things and it was found that NOTHING WAS ABOVE BOARD so I guess you can call me a pessimist
Old 11-17-2017, 01:17 PM
PLANE JIM
My Feedback: (109)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess maybe the RUSSIANS shifted the election or some other crazy thing out of this world! Zombies or something! I did my part I voted, I am concerned about the number of members that did not vote-I think that speaks loud about the overall health of our organization.
Old 11-17-2017, 01:23 PM
Hydro Junkie

Originally Posted by PLANE JIM
I guess maybe the RUSSIANS shifted the election or some other crazy thing out of this world! Zombies or something! I did my part I voted, I am concerned about the number of members that did not vote-I think that speaks loud about the overall health of our organization.
The health of or apathy towards it by those that just don't care anymore?
Old 11-17-2017, 02:25 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

probably, never did care to begin with" covers it best.
Old 11-18-2017, 02:13 PM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BarracudaHockey
- Per Bylaws, "The official AMA publications shall be prepared and distributed under the supervision of the Executive Director."
- Model Aviation is an official AMA publication
- ED knew or should have known President & EVP were using it to the detriment of one candidate
- Since ED supervises the official publication in which this happened, the ED approved of the columns

And the same staff that counts the ballots reports to ... drum roll ... the same ED who supervises the publication where he allowed President and EVP to use it against a particular candidate

Yes, there is good reason to question the integrity of the elections.

Last edited by franklin_m; 11-18-2017 at 03:51 PM.
Old 11-18-2017, 07:05 PM
Hydro Junkie

Originally Posted by franklin_m
- Per Bylaws, "The official AMA publications shall be prepared and distributed under the supervision of the Executive Director."
- Model Aviation is an official AMA publication
- ED knew or should have known President & EVP were using it to the detriment of one candidate
- Since ED supervises the official publication in which this happened, the ED approved of the columns

And the same staff that counts the ballots reports to ... drum roll ... the same ED who supervises the publication where he allowed President and EVP to use it against a particular candidate

Yes, there is good reason to question the integrity of the elections.
Thank You, Franklin, for dotting the "I's", crossing the "T's" and connecting the dots to show how my post is, as I'm an "outsider" looking in, not only plausible but probable