Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Poll , Are you an AMA member because you WANT to be , or because you HAVE to be ?

AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.
View Poll Results: Are you an AMA member because you want to be , or because you have to be ?
Want to be
35.11%
Have to be
64.89%
Voters: 131. You may not vote on this poll

Poll , Are you an AMA member because you WANT to be , or because you HAVE to be ?

Old 06-07-2019, 06:31 AM
geezopeet

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

If I had enough land to fly to fly off of, I would dump the A.M.A in a heartbeat. I have been flying rc since 1964, and have been around to see most off the changes to the a.m.a. now its all about the fifty dollar foamys, and drones, and not much else matters.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:06 PM
GeoffS

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Right now I'm in the "none of the above" category.

Before the 2018 FAA Re-authorization recreational rules changes I mostly flew under Part 107 because the old "not within 5 miles from an airport or helipad" restriction basically eliminated almost everyplace near where I live. When LAANC came on-line for my local airport that opened up even more possibilities.
Now that recreational flyers are not restricted from flying near airports (at least when using the FAA interim guidelines), and LAANC is available for recreational flying, I don't remember logging a 107 flight.

With that said, I recently looked at the AMA insurance exclusions and got a nice and very complete reply from Ilona Maine at the AMA about insurance coverage when flying in parks and other locations that aren't official flying fields.

I am now seriously considering becoming a "want to be" AMA member.