Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

Poll , Are you an AMA member because you WANT to be , or because you HAVE to be ?

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.
View Poll Results: Are you an AMA member because you want to be , or because you have to be ?
Want to be
34.51%
Have to be
65.49%
Voters: 142. You may not vote on this poll

Poll , Are you an AMA member because you WANT to be , or because you HAVE to be ?

Reply

Old 11-02-2019, 08:19 AM
  #126  
astrohog
My Feedback: (1)
 
astrohog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Bellingham, WA
Posts: 1,772
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie View Post
If you hadn't noticed the tread topic had pretty well played out. You are just going to have to wait until another one comes up to get your argument fix.
LOL So..it's okay if I rob the bank after someone else has?
You, sir, are a real piece of work!!!
astrohog is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 08:27 AM
  #127  
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)
 
Propworn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,847
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie View Post
If you hadn't noticed the tread topic had pretty well played out. You are just going to have to wait until another one comes up to get your argument fix.
Astro's reply seems like he's working on that fix as you post LOL!!!!!!
Propworn is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 08:40 AM
  #128  
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
Posts: 7,019
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

LOL where do you come up with these? Personally I thought it was pretty cool that a moderator came into the thread without having to scold anyone, we enjoyed the fact that a couple of us are in the latest issue of Model Aviation, I answered a question about battery charging and then the topic of women came up, I simply followed along with the conversation until you came along this morning slinging mud. Sorry your such an unhappy person.
speedracerntrixie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2019, 08:42 AM
  #129  
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
Posts: 7,019
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by Propworn View Post
Astro's reply seems like he's working on that fix as you post LOL!!!!!!
I agree, I have no clue about the guy other then he seems to come here to work out his anger issues.
speedracerntrixie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 09:30 AM
  #130  
bleinmiller
My Feedback: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: , KS
Posts: 84
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Ama

I dont fly AMA because I dont have to. Our local field is at a public park. Although its technically a local club and AMA required field, the rule cant be enforced because it's at a park. If I didn't have homeowner insurance, I'd have joined AMA long ago.
bleinmiller is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 10:17 AM
  #131  
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Happy Valley, Oregon
Posts: 7,019
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

I'm going to assume that you have followed up with your insurance carrier to make sure you are covered. I would also check very carefully with the city/county to make sure that they did not require the club to be AMA chartered. These things can be funny sometimes. The city/county could very well require a charter for a club to operate as to avoid the liability in case of an accident although there could be city laws in place that the club can't force membership. Insurance companies have teams of lawyers hired to find loopholes, by not being a member it could be said that you are not following the safety code and the insurance company could refuse the claim. Personally I don't think that saving the $75 per year justifies the additional risk. A lawsuit gone wrong could easily cost you your house.
speedracerntrixie is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 01:39 PM
  #132  
init4fun
Thread Starter
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,352
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by bleinmiller View Post
I dont fly AMA because I dont have to. Our local field is at a public park. Although its technically a local club and AMA required field, the rule cant be enforced because it's at a park. If I didn't have homeowner insurance, I'd have joined AMA long ago.
If I understand your post correctly , the local public park has an AMA chartered club operating there , and you aren't a member of that club or the AMA , and you fly there ? I'd be curious what agreement the club has with the city/town administrators , if the town actually does allow people unaffiliated with the club to fly there , since the AMA member has automatic proof of insurance by the membership they hold and someone unaffiliated may or may not have insurance ?

PS , If you aren't a club member and your flying there , I'll bet your REAL popular with the club members , eh ?
init4fun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2019, 08:58 PM
  #133  
bleinmiller
My Feedback: (4)
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: , KS
Posts: 84
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default Ama

In a public park, people unaffiliated with the AMA chartered club cant be turned away. Although we welcome everybody, I never said I wasnt a member. Membership fees help with gas for mowing and other various maintenance tasks.

We have the same issue with our rc car track, it's also in a park. Us volunteers do all the work to get the track dragged and smooth then Joe Public goes mudding on it with his monster truck.
bleinmiller is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 05:58 AM
  #134  
init4fun
Thread Starter
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,352
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by bleinmiller View Post
I dont fly AMA because I dont have to. Our local field is at a public park.

Although its technically a local club and AMA required field, the rule cant be enforced because it's at a park.
Originally Posted by bleinmiller View Post
......... I never said I wasnt a member.......
So it's a "local club and AMA required field" , and your a club member , with no AMA ? I gotta admit , I've never once seen an AMA chartered club that will allow non AMA members to be club members . And while the public park (the town officials in charge of it , that is) can't specifically require AMA membership , they most certainly CAN if they so desire require proof of some kind of insurance for people operating any type of motorized devices in the public park .

PS , if you like flying there , fly safely , VERY safely , because the first incident involving some kind of financial claim being levied against the city/town will be the end of any flying there , trust me .....
init4fun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 07:50 AM
  #135  
mongo
My Feedback: (14)
 
mongo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Midland, TX
Posts: 2,700
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

kinda depends on weather or not KS is a "hold harmless" state like TX and a few others are.

landowners can not be sued for allowing recreational use of their property.
mongo is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2019, 08:47 AM
  #136  
Propworn
My Feedback: (3)
 
Propworn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,847
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by mongo View Post
kinda depends on weather or not KS is a "hold harmless" state like TX and a few others are.

landowners can not be sued for allowing recreational use of their property.
Mongo this was addressed in another forum I frequent for off road RVing and off road ATV and motorcycle use. There are exceptions to the hold harmless clauses. The land owner is responsible to insure the people who are using his property are going to act in a reasonable and responsible manner. If their actions intentionally put others at risk or if there are guests of the landowner or the group using the property or if there is any fee levied for use or entry fee the hold harmless clause may or may not hold up in court. Its not just a simple cut and dry exclusion on the part of the land owner. That is why even in Texas and the other states that have that exception most clubs are located on land managed by the Army Corps of Engineers because its public land and is covered as such. Does the AMA provide first person coverage for a landowner?

Dennis
Propworn is offline  
Reply With Quote

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service