AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

What is the AMA

Reply

Old 09-09-2018, 07:36 AM
  #1  
speedracerntrixie
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 5,995
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default What is the AMA

The AMA is much more then just the organization in Muncie. It's more then a late report, more then spread sheets. AMA is the people who are in the clubs, the true representatives of our hobby. It's the men and women who keep the clubs open that enables most of us to enjoy our hobby. It's the people who mow the grass, train new members, make a pot of coffee in the clubhouse. It's the friendships that develop from the common love of model airplanes. At my home club there are a group of guys who get together almost every weekday morning to take a flight or two but more importantly visit with their long time friends and be active in their retirement years. They talk about their military experiences, gossip, help new members learn to fly. They enjoy their life just a little more because they belong to an AMA sanctioned R/C club.

Yesterday one local club had a vintage fun fly. The criteria was that your model had to be a kit built airplane of a 30+ year old design. We had roughly 12 guys show up. More importantly is that it was a gathering of friends but several new friendships were made as well. I met a couple guys that are friends of friends I already had. I made a new friend of a young man named Jim. He and his grandparents came by to watch the airplanes fly and at times cheered as we landed. They were invited into the pits to get a closer look. Several of the participants spent time with Jim and his grandparents answering questions, showing their airplanes to them but more importantly showing them a warm welcome. I certainly hope that Jim does get involved with the hobby, we do need more young men like him.
speedracerntrixie is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 07:38 AM
  #2  
speedracerntrixie
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 5,995
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default





A picture of Jim with my Reed Falcon that he seemed to fancy along with a few other classics.
speedracerntrixie is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 09:19 AM
  #3  
init4fun
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,183
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Call me old fashioned , , , , or just plain old , , but , methinks Jim needs a haircut .......

Flak Jacket on .
init4fun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 10:45 AM
  #4  
speedracerntrixie
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 5,995
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Jim is a unique young man. With a closer look you may have noticed he is missing his right forearm and hand.
speedracerntrixie is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 11:05 AM
  #5  
init4fun
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,183
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Honestly , this is a for real attempt at a helpful suggestion ;

Why don't you have someone good at writing set up one of those "Go Fund Me" websites to buy him a prostectic (spelling?) hand ? I'll bet enough folks would respond to that and want to help him that plenty enough funds would be raised .
init4fun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2018, 11:21 AM
  #6  
speedracerntrixie
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 5,995
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

I got the impression that his family is fairly well off. Both his grandparents are college educated. Jim and his parents live in Berkeley California which is extremely expensive. Had he lived in my area I would have given him an electric powered sailplane and petitioned my local club for a free one year membership. Being that there is a good amount of sailplane activity in his area I suggested he and his grand parents visit the AMA sailplane club that is just a 10 minute drive from where we were yesterday. I plan to call that clubs president later today to see if they did show up. That particular club keeps a few Radian sailplanes flight ready on site for these such occasions. My hope is that Jim did visit them and got some stick time.
speedracerntrixie is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 06:51 AM
  #7  
init4fun
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,183
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie View Post
Ever wonder why the negative threads get a great deal,of traffic but the positive threads get ignored for the most part. That was my little experiment a week ago. I started a very positive thread about an event and a young man who was interested in taking up the hobby. First comment was a negative comment about the young man's appearance. That is the quality of the platform on which you choose to use.[/left]
As a footnote to this thread ;

This thread was started for no other reason than a "little experiment" by the thread originator's own admission . I knew the point and purpose of this thread well before I responded to it , the motive being as clear as a clean window on a sunny day and this was the basis for my response , to give the original poster what he was looking for to draw out his REAL motive for posting this thread . This thread has nothing to do with the young man taking up the hobby , the model airplanes , or the future of the hobby itself , and everything to do with the original poster's need to prove a point using whatever means available , up to and including the young man's appearance . Had this thread been posted without the ugly undertone of teaching the board a lesson it would have been great (and my first response would have been far more positive) but with the ulterior motive being one of "one upmanship" and a "little experiment" the original poster should be truly ashamed of himself
init4fun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:02 AM
  #8  
Appowner
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 338
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
As a footnote to this thread ;

This thread was started for no other reason than a "little experiment" by the thread originator's own admission . I knew the point and purpose of this thread well before I responded to it , the motive being as clear as a clean window on a sunny day and this was the basis for my response , to give the original poster what he was looking for to draw out his REAL motive for posting this thread . This thread has nothing to do with the young man taking up the hobby , the model airplanes , or the future of the hobby itself , and everything to do with the original poster's need to prove a point using whatever means available , up to and including the young man's appearance . Had this thread been posted without the ugly undertone of teaching the board a lesson it would have been great (and my first response would have been far more positive) but with the ulterior motive being one of "one upmanship" and a "little experiment" the original poster should be truly ashamed of himself
Don't let it bother you. Just set the childrens cartoon character to ignore like I did and carry on.
Appowner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2018, 08:54 AM
  #9  
speedracerntrixie
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 5,995
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by init4fun View Post
As a footnote to this thread ;

This thread was started for no other reason than a "little experiment" by the thread originator's own admission . I knew the point and purpose of this thread well before I responded to it , the motive being as clear as a clean window on a sunny day and this was the basis for my response , to give the original poster what he was looking for to draw out his REAL motive for posting this thread . This thread has nothing to do with the young man taking up the hobby , the model airplanes , or the future of the hobby itself , and everything to do with the original poster's need to prove a point using whatever means available , up to and including the young man's appearance . Had this thread been posted without the ugly undertone of teaching the board a lesson it would have been great (and my first response would have been far more positive) but with the ulterior motive being one of "one upmanship" and a "little experiment" the original poster should be truly ashamed of himself
Absolutly wrong! The original attempt was to bring something positive to the forum of negitivity. The point was that in spite of an obvious handicap this young man was interested in picking up the hobby. It was also to illustrate that in spite of the challenge, there were a few AMA members that were willing to step up and help this young man. It wasn't until YOUR judgmental comments that it became a tool for me to use to illustrate that we are destroying the hobby from within as opposed to the BS that Franklin suggests. I thank you for providing the example of what NOT to do to promote our hobby and for both of you to prove my point about cyber bullies on RCU.
speedracerntrixie is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 02:44 PM
  #10  
Hydro Junkie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Marysville, WA
Posts: 7,151
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Sounds to me like this thread is a false "wanna-be" tool being used by a leader member to make the AMA look like it's a be all end all and a way to discredit anyone that doesn't see things the same way as he does. How about we take this last post and examine it:
1) Look who brought up Franklin's name, the thread starter. It's a well known fact that he and Franklin are at opposite ends of the compass over the AMA
2) The statement "there were a few AMA members that were willing to step up and help this young man" shows how little the present membership really cares about getting new members. How many were actually at the field that day? In the first picture, there was the kid next to the plane WITH FIVE ADULTS CHATTING IN THEIR OWN LITTLE GROUPS, not one seemed interested in what the kid was doing. That is the kind of conduct that is destroying the hobby from within. I spent over 30 minutes at my last boat race talking to a guy and his son, telling them about the various classes that were there, how to drive them, etc. This is something I don't see happening in the first picture. I also don't see the kid in any of the other pictures so, apparently, the kid was shooed away or left
3) The statement " It wasn't until YOUR judgmental comments that it became a tool for me to use to illustrate that we are destroying the hobby from within as opposed to the BS that Franklin suggests. I thank you for providing the example of what NOT to do to promote our hobby and for both of you to prove my point about cyber bullies on RCU" shows that this thread was actually nothing more than bait to bring someone in so that the thread starter could make that person the scapegoat for him to have an excuse to attack others. THIS IS A GOOD EXAMPLE OF WHAT NOT TO DO TO ATTRACT NEW MEMBERS
Hydro Junkie is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 05:35 PM
  #11  
speedracerntrixie
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 5,995
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

LOL Junkie, nobody will ever be able to accuse you of not having a creative imagination.
speedracerntrixie is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:05 PM
  #12  
Hydro Junkie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Marysville, WA
Posts: 7,151
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Trust me, there was no imagination used. Just good old common sense.
1) No one brought up Franklin until you did. Just wondering at this point if you're just are fascinated by him or something more, a man crush maybe?
2) Show me were anyone is paying attention to the kid, other than the person behind the camera
3) Prove me wrong on anything I said. I see you attacking others because they disagreed with your position
Hydro Junkie is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2018, 08:30 PM
  #13  
speedracerntrixie
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 5,995
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

First off I owe you less then nothing. Secondly if you want to talk about attacks this thread serves as a great example of that. Three posters banning together for a group attack because one ( Init4fun ) put his foot in his mouth and is seeking help with damage control after the fact.
speedracerntrixie is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 05:03 AM
  #14  
init4fun
 
init4fun's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 3,183
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie View Post
Sounds to me like this thread is a false "wanna-be" tool being used by a leader member to make the AMA look like it's a be all end all and a way to discredit anyone that doesn't see things the same way as he does. How about we take this last post and examine it:
1) Look who brought up Franklin's name, the thread starter. It's a well known fact that he and Franklin are at opposite ends of the compass over the AMA
2) The statement "there were a few AMA members that were willing to step up and help this young man" shows how little the present membership really cares about getting new members. How many were actually at the field that day? In the first picture, there was the kid next to the plane WITH FIVE ADULTS CHATTING IN THEIR OWN LITTLE GROUPS, not one seemed interested in what the kid was doing. That is the kind of conduct that is destroying the hobby from within. I spent over 30 minutes at my last boat race talking to a guy and his son, telling them about the various classes that were there, how to drive them, etc. This is something I don't see happening in the first picture. I also don't see the kid in any of the other pictures so, apparently, the kid was shooed away or left
3) The statement " It wasn't until YOUR judgmental comments that it became a tool for me to use to illustrate that we are destroying the hobby from within as opposed to the BS that Franklin suggests. I thank you for providing the example of what NOT to do to promote our hobby and for both of you to prove my point about cyber bullies on RCU" shows that this thread was actually nothing more than bait to bring someone in so that the thread starter could make that person the scapegoat for him to have an excuse to attack others. THIS IS A GOOD EXAMPLE OF WHAT NOT TO DO TO ATTRACT NEW MEMBERS
Yep , Hydro nailed it !

The cartoon character is just all butthurt that his little "social experiment" blew up in his face and he just can't let it go . Too bad to see someone SO obsessive that this is how he thinks he's "contributing to the hobby" .

I guess crusaders just gotta crusade , even long after their "battle" has been lost . At this point , I think it's plainly obvious whose cruising the boards looking to stir up negativity .

Gee , speed maybe you should loosen the strings on that red cape your wearing before ya totally blow a gasket .......

Last edited by init4fun; 09-22-2018 at 06:10 AM. Reason: clarify my point ;)
init4fun is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 07:38 AM
  #15  
jcmors
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Yankton, SD
Posts: 22
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Actually I think that this sort of activity at a club field is one of the things that could bring new people into the hobby.

Years ago I went to a fly-in in Minnesota inn Owatonna, Watts over Owatonna. I try to go every year, this year it was cancelled. At the time I was working in Minneapolis and I invited some of my co-workers to come and watch. One of them came with his young son and was fascinated by the variety of planes, quads and helicopters they saw. They are both involved in the RC hobby now, though at a different field closer to home. This is one of the things that bringing a group of people together can do, it can draw spectators from outside the hobby.

There were many people who took the time to talk to my co-worker and his son bout what the hobby was all about and to show them some of their models. I think that inviting the public at large to events like this is a great way to try to bring in new blood.
jcmors is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 01:56 PM
  #16  
Hydro Junkie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Marysville, WA
Posts: 7,151
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by jcmors View Post
Actually I think that this sort of activity at a club field is one of the things that could bring new people into the hobby.

Years ago I went to a fly-in in Minnesota inn Owatonna, Watts over Owatonna. I try to go every year, this year it was cancelled. At the time I was working in Minneapolis and I invited some of my co-workers to come and watch. One of them came with his young son and was fascinated by the variety of planes, quads and helicopters they saw. They are both involved in the RC hobby now, though at a different field closer to home. This is one of the things that bringing a group of people together can do, it can draw spectators from outside the hobby.

There were many people who took the time to talk to my co-worker and his son bout what the hobby was all about and to show them some of their models. I think that inviting the public at large to events like this is a great way to try to bring in new blood.
Inviting the public does help but, once the public is there, you need to make them feel like YOU WANT THEM THERE. As I said in my first post, the people were basically ignoring the kid. If you want to keep the kid and his parents involved, you don't keep talking in your own little "click". You talk to them, show them how things work, let them actually see how the sticks make things on the plane work. These are the kinds of things that will get people interested, not having a model sitting on a table for them to look at but otherwise ignoring them
Hydro Junkie is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 02:14 PM
  #17  
Appowner
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 338
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie View Post
Inviting the public does help but, once the public is there, you need to make them feel like YOU WANT THEM THERE. As I said in my first post, the people were basically ignoring the kid. If you want to keep the kid and his parents involved, you don't keep talking in your own little "click". You talk to them, show them how things work, let them actually see how the sticks make things on the plane work. These are the kinds of things that will get people interested, not having a model sitting on a table for them to look at but otherwise ignoring them
Yep! Being military I've had the opportunity to belong to quite a few clubs. At any new place I would park where designated (if it was) and walk to where spectators should be (also if designated, many places don't). I would wait and see if anyone came up and introduced themselves or if most would simply pass by with maybe a nod of acknowledgement.

Of course the counter is for me to have said something. But I already knew what I wanted and why I was there. I wanted to see how much the club wanted new members. Surprisingly I'd say about half ignored me initially.

And my best experience was in Germany at an American/German club on an Army Post. I walked into the club and the lone German there immediately dropped what he was doing and introduced himself. To this day, 40 years later he remains one of my best friends.
Appowner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 02:24 PM
  #18  
speedracerntrixie
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 5,995
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie View Post
Inviting the public does help but, once the public is there, you need to make them feel like YOU WANT THEM THERE. As I said in my first post, the people were basically ignoring the kid. If you want to keep the kid and his parents involved, you don't keep talking in your own little "click". You talk to them, show them how things work, let them actually see how the sticks make things on the plane work. These are the kinds of things that will get people interested, not having a model sitting on a table for them to look at but otherwise ignoring them

So from a split second of a camera shutter you can peice together the actions of the previous 90 minutes. I wish I had such a skill. Truth is that it wasn't until Jim and his grandparents were set to leave that I remembered I had my IPad in the car that I offered to take a picture and email it to him. Feel free to continue your claim of clairvoyance and that I am a liar, it is entertaining at least.
speedracerntrixie is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2018, 08:26 PM
  #19  
Hydro Junkie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Marysville, WA
Posts: 7,151
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

What I see in that one picture gives me boatloads of information. I've been into R/C modeling for over 30 years. I've also been a square dancer for over 40 years. To see that kid, by himself, with five adults talking among themselves in the background shows me the same thing I've watched first hand for those 40+ years. When a group starts conversing among themselves, anyone that's outside of that group ceases to matter. Had even one adult from the group been in the picture with the kid, it changes the impression as someone is taking the time to be with him. Also, most people WON'T approach a group of people to ask questions or get involved with the conversation unless they know most of the people in that group. I've watched that exact scenario repeated at almost every R/C or dance event I've gone to, regardless of the part of the country I've been in at the time. So, with all that being said, yes, I can pick that up from a split second captured by an IPad
Hydro Junkie is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2018, 04:26 PM
  #20  
speedracerntrixie
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 5,995
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default



Lucas was having a bit of trouble starting his engine so I lended a hand.


Lucas and his mentor Murph.


The picturesque drive up to Reno. Sadly my IPad got hot sitting in the car and I was unable to take more pictures.


My wife having her hair braided ( sort of ) by Aleah while talking to her grandmother.
Another great weekend hanging out with fellow AMA members is in the books. My wife and I drove to Reno to visit my fiend Scott and his wife on Saturday. I met Scott through RCU a few years back when I was pylon racing. He graciously offered to mix fuel for me back then, really knowledgeable guy when it comes to engines of all types. We met up at his place and then the two of us headed to the field while our wives did a little shopping. We met up with another buddy of our Chris and a club member Kevin at the field. It was overcast and we had a bit of a crosswind that appeared to have kept other club members at home. I brought my pattern airplane since I need the practice for next weeks contest, Chris had a new Q500 to test fly, Kevin had a .90 size Cap 232. Scott decided not to fly due to the weather conditions. Scott being a dyed in the wool glow guy gave me endless grief about bringing an electric airplane, all in fun though and at the end of the day I was able to enjoy the most flights out of the 4 of us. After flying we went to Scotts for a BBQ. A great day with some good friends.

On Sunday I decided to head on over to the Tokey Modelers field in Lodi Ca. The field is located on the California delta and thought it would be a nice drive out there. Why wife loves the area and I promised her lunch in nearby Walnut grove. Once at the field I introduced myself and asked if I could fly as a guest as I do at any AMA club that I visit. After signing the guest log and a waiver that the club requires along with showing my AMA card I was good to go. Soon after I arrived a family that included a young pilot named Lucas and his family arrived. Lucas's grandmother and little sister immediately struck up conversation with my wife. It wasn't long until Aleah and my wife were acting like best friends. Lucas and I traded off taking flights and chatting. I had learned that Lucas had only been flying for 9 months. He showed up at the club with a Eflight cub and the club was impressed by this young man that they pitched in and presented him with a Ultra Stick and DLE 30 combo that he was flying. After flying my wife and I had a great Prime Rib lunch at a restaurant that Lucas's grandmother suggested.
All in all a really nice weekend. IMO without AMA clubs like this I would not have the opportunity to reach out and meet these people. What the Tokey club did for Lucas is not all that uncommon. AMA has a lot of benefits if people would just utilize them. I understand that there are guys out there that feel that there is no value in being an AMA member, especially with what the FAA is trying to force on us all. That perceived lack of value IMO is a choice due to not taking advantage of what AMA has to offer.

Last edited by speedracerntrixie; 09-30-2018 at 04:33 PM.
speedracerntrixie is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:27 AM
  #21  
Appowner
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 338
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

What is the AMA? Here's what the official web site has to say about it.

What is the AMA?

World's largest model aviation association, representing a membership of more than 195,000 from every walk of life, income level and age group.

Self-supporting, non-profit organization whose purpose is to promote development of model aviation as a recognized sport and worthwhile recreation activity.

Organization open to anyone interested in model aviation.

Official national body for model aviation in the United States. AMA sanctions more than 2,000 model competitions throughout the country each year, and certifies official model flying records on a national and international level.

Organizer of the annual National Aeromodeling Championships, the world's largest model airplane competition.

Chartering organization for more than 2,500 model airplane clubs across the country. AMA offers its chartered clubs official contest sanction, insurance, and assistance in getting and keeping flying sites.

The voice of its membership, providing liaison with the Federal Aviation Administration, the Federal Communications Commission, and other government agencies through our national headquarters in Muncie, Indiana. AMA also works with local governments, zoning boards, and parks departments to promote the interests of local chartered clubs.

An associate member of the National Aeronautic Association. Through NAA, AMA is recognized by the Fédération Aéronautique Internationale (FAI), the world governing body of all aviation activity, as the only organization which may direct U.S. participation in international aeromodeling activities.
Appowner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2018, 04:54 AM
  #22  
speedracerntrixie
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 5,995
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

I would not disagree with anything there except that over the years they have had different levels of success with those items. No big surprise there. I still maintain that it’s the people within the clubs. They are the true spirit of the organization. I will agree that Muncie needs to be in touch with their members better but again no surprise there too.
speedracerntrixie is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 12:22 AM
  #23  
Hydro Junkie
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Marysville, WA
Posts: 7,151
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie View Post
I would not disagree with anything there except that over the years they have had different levels of success with those items. No big surprise there. I still maintain that it’s the people within the clubs. They are the true spirit of the organization. I will agree that Muncie needs to be in touch with their members better but again no surprise there too.
And that, in a nutshell, is where this hobby needs to go, back to the clubs. Your previous post talks about how great the club you visited is, not to mention how generous, and yet you never said anything about the AMA EXCEPT that you showed your card. Seems to me that the AMA was really a non-factor in your visit and, unless you were just pointing out that you had your card with you for our benefit, could of and should of been left out of the post all together.

Last edited by Hydro Junkie; 10-02-2018 at 12:55 AM.
Hydro Junkie is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 05:23 AM
  #24  
Appowner
 
Join Date: Nov 2017
Posts: 338
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie View Post
I would not disagree with anything there .........................................
Well good! Because that whole thing was taken verbatim from the AMA web site where the AMA says what it is.
Appowner is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2018, 08:02 AM
  #25  
speedracerntrixie
Thread Starter
My Feedback: (29)
 
speedracerntrixie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Sacramento, CA
Posts: 5,995
Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback
Default

Originally Posted by Appowner View Post
Well good! Because that whole thing was taken verbatim from the AMA web site where the AMA says what it is.
I find humor in your need to point that out.
speedracerntrixie is online now  
Reply With Quote

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service