AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

"Emergency" EC Meeting? 12 December?

Old 12-16-2018, 05:03 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by franklin_m View Post
No. The issue is the use of those single words to limit transparency. What is so difficult about posting something like this as an agenda:

"Meeting called under Article VIII, Section 2, of the AMA Bylaws to select new Executive Director."

Some see things like this as proof that the AMA HQ/EC resist transparency. Other examples include refusal to share demographic data WRT members. Another example would be the refusal to share data about usage of the "Taj-Muncie" facility. Yet another example would be over $1 million in "expenses" that are uncategorized. And the one before this, not responding to a question about whether members paid for Hanson's Australia boondoggle.

You have quite a unique way of looking at things. " Members paid for " , I don't see where I paid for anything other then my insurance and access to AMA sites. As far as I know that didn't change recently. I'm much more concerned with where my 400.00 per week in taxes goes. If I use your mentality my taxes gives me the right to have an exact accounting of where my money goes right? We both quickly realize how silly that sounds.

I am amused that you criticize the AMA's choice of words yet play the word game yourself. I realize that you play by a different set of rules based on your perceived level of entitlement. A good example of this is when you recently misquoted me on RGG. I used the phrase " to discuss a waiver to fly over 400" and you quoted me as to say " to share news of a waiver ". Completely different meanings. Have you corrected that error over there yet? Sounds a bit hippo critical to me that you demand a certain level of transparency/correctness from the AMA but seem not willing to do so yourself.
Old 12-16-2018, 05:29 AM
franklin_m

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie View Post
You have quite a unique way of looking at things. " Members paid for " , I don't see where I paid for anything other then my insurance and access to AMA sites. As far as I know that didn't change recently. I'm much more concerned with where my 400.00 per week in taxes goes. If I use your mentality my taxes gives me the right to have an exact accounting of where my money goes right? We both quickly realize how silly that sounds.
I must be more engaged. I regularly push elected leaders about how my tax money is spent, especially at the local level. And you are entitled to know how that money is spent. At the federal level usually done through Freedom of Information requests and/or questions of your elected representative. In fact, I have to FOIA requests out now ... one to DoD and one to DoI.

I am amused that you criticize the AMA's choice of words yet play the word game yourself. I realize that you play by a different set of rules based on your perceived level of entitlement. A good example of this is when you recently misquoted me on RGG. I used the phrase " to discuss a waiver to fly over 400" and you quoted me as to say " to share news of a waiver ". Completely different meanings. Have you corrected that error over there yet? Sounds a bit hippo critical to me that you demand a certain level of transparency/correctness from the AMA but seem not willing to do so yourself.
Again, use the right terms. If you look at the post, I did not quote you. And you can easily see that, as there's an obvious absence of quotation marks around my sentence and thus there's also an absence of a reference to you by name/title. So please don't accuse me of misquoting you when I didn't even quote you at all.

Last edited by franklin_m; 12-16-2018 at 05:40 AM.
Old 12-16-2018, 05:55 AM
speedracerntrixie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Again, your play with words. You changed the meaning of what I said. That is the brass tax fact! Then stated that I was a well Known hardly the truth. An outright lie?
Old 12-16-2018, 06:09 AM
Appowner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Hydro Junkie View Post
According to Businessdictionary.com, emergency is defined as:
Sudden, unexpected, or impending situation that may cause injury, loss of life, damage to the property, and/or interference with the normal activities of a person or firm and which, therefore, requires immediate attention and remedial action.

Using that definition, I don't see where needing to appoint a new ED to be an emergency as the company will continue to operate in it's normal, inefficient manner for as long as needed until one could be found under normal proceedures
You are of course assuming the EC views the AMA as a business!

Hmm! Maybe that's the problem. AMA elects hobbyists to run a hobby? Wonder what Trump is doing in 6 years? Maybe he'd like a nice non-profit to straighten out?

Last edited by Appowner; 12-16-2018 at 06:17 AM.
Old 12-16-2018, 06:15 AM
Appowner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Again, use the right terms. If you look at the post, I did not quote you. And you can easily see that, as there's an obvious absence of quotation marks around my sentence and thus there's also an absence of a reference to you by name/title. So please don't accuse me of misquoting you when I didn't even quote you at all.
Don't confuse the lad with the facts!

I too was wondering where you quoted him. And is he admitting to having an active account over there? After being suspended?
Old 12-16-2018, 06:26 AM
Appowner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by tedsander View Post
Quite the axe to grind, eh? How is this "sub-standard"?

Nope! My axe is sharp. Just waiting for it to fall.
Old 12-16-2018, 07:16 AM
franklin_m

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by Appowner View Post
Yeah. Makes a specific allegation that I misquoted him (note 1) when I didn't quote him at all!

Note 1:
A good example of this is when you recently misquoted me on RGG. I used the phrase " to discuss a waiver to fly over 400" and you quoted me as to say " to share news of a waiver " (emphasis added).
Old 12-16-2018, 08:34 AM
Appowner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Not really, it was an opportunity for certain people to cry foul.
And claim to have been mis-quoted.

F.I.
Old 12-16-2018, 08:43 AM
speedracerntrixie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Franklin, did you or did you not change the wording of what I said? Childish games aside, please answer that question?
Old 12-16-2018, 08:45 AM
speedracerntrixie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Yeah. Makes a specific allegation that I misquoted him (note 1) when I didn't quote him at all!

Note 1:
Where is the rest of the final sentence? More word games? Quoting only what fits your point?
Old 12-16-2018, 08:51 AM
speedracerntrixie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

I too was wondering where you quoted him. And is he admitting to having an active account over there? After being suspended?
Nice accusation, how about you go find a post made by me in the past 3 months. For once back up your accusations.
Old 12-16-2018, 09:11 AM
Appowner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Nice accusation, how about you go find a post made by me in the past 3 months. For once back up your accusations.

It was a QUESTION (expletive deleted). No proof required.

Franklin did not quote you. He did relay the basic idea of your statement. But that is not quoting.

Maybe an English Comprehension class?

F.I.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:38 PM
speedracerntrixie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

It was a QUESTION (expletive deleted). No proof required.

Franklin did not quote you. He did relay the basic idea of your statement. But that is not quoting.

Maybe an English Comprehension class?

F.I.
Fine with me, let's begin the class shall we? What Franklin did was take my phrase " to discuss " and inserted " to share news ". You really think they have the same meaning? Franklin intentionally changed the wording because he is smart enough to know they in fact do have different meaning otherwise he simply could have done a screen capture and then posted it. Anyways let's take a closer look.

To share news. To most people that would mean that something has changed and there is some sort of announcement. In the specific context here it would mean that the FAA had either approved a waiver for AMA members or declined a waiver. Either way that NEWS would have to be shared with AMA membership and an emergency meeting was required.

To discuss. That would mean that the meeting was called to simply talk about the actions that would need to take place should the FAA decline a waiver. Things that would need to be DISCUSSED would be how to deal with the 400' altitude limit. What AMA events are going to be affected, can events be changed to accommodate? What Special Interest Groups need to be brought into the conversation such as IMAC, NSRCA, LSF etc. Can event revisions happen prior to the Nats or would the 2019 Nats need to be cancelled or just certain events? Lots of things to discuss here.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:38 PM
init4fun

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Wow , tough crowd .

"Twas a week before Christmas and all through the (RCU AMA Forum) house , all that was heard was grumble grumble grouse"
Old 12-16-2018, 12:39 PM
speedracerntrixie

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Old 12-16-2018, 06:05 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (14)

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

something wrong with all this...

i am starting to smell a "methinks that thou dost protest too much" affair here.
Old 12-16-2018, 11:50 PM
Appowner

Gallery
My Gallery
Models
My Models
Ratings
My Feedback

Originally Posted by mongo View Post
something wrong with all this...

i am starting to smell a "methinks that thou dost protest too much" affair here.
Without a doubt one of the most baseless protests I've seen in a very long time. Might even be worse than the ones he threw up at RCG. And by his own admission, the mods over there labeled him a troll.