Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > AMA Discussions
Reload this Page >

"Emergency" EC Meeting? 12 December?

Notices
AMA Discussions Discuss AMA policies, decisions & any other AMA related topics here.

"Emergency" EC Meeting? 12 December?

Old 12-14-2018, 09:28 AM
speedracerntrixie
My Feedback: (29)

Received 175 Likes on 150 Posts

Originally Posted by Appowner
So what you're saying is, you're a vote and forget type of person? You never let your opinion be known to your DVP? Never communicate beyond the ballot?

I guess you forgot about the post I made when I brought up the fact that I have frequent conversations with my DVP and was promptly told it didn't matter because the DVP's have no real voice.

So my question of the day, how much notice is acceptable before an EMERGENCY meeting? I may need to call the fire department or EMT one day and would like to gauge how much notice to give them LOL.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:05 AM
Appowner
Banned

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracerntrixie

I guess you forgot about the post I made when I brought up the fact that I have frequent conversations with my DVP and was promptly told it didn't matter because the DVP's have no real voice.

So my question of the day, how much notice is acceptable before an EMERGENCY meeting? I may need to call the fire department or EMT one day and would like to gauge how much notice to give them LOL.
I guess you couldn't tell, I wasn't responding to you! But don't let that stop you from stalking me on this forum.

F.I.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:14 AM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Maybe it has something to do with ..

A.The announcement that its looking like transponders may happen?

or

B. Chad Budreau has been named the new Executive Director of AMA.

Just a couple things I have been emailed about lately from the AMA ..
Old 12-14-2018, 11:32 AM
init4fun

Received 49 Likes on 43 Posts

Last edited by init4fun; 12-14-2018 at 02:39 PM.
Old 12-14-2018, 11:46 AM
tailskid
My Feedback: (34)

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

A big ado about nothing!
Old 12-14-2018, 12:19 PM
speedracerntrixie

I guess you couldn't tell, I wasn't responding to you! But don't let that stop you from stalking me on this forum.

F.I.

How many times have you replied to a question directed at Franklin?
Old 12-14-2018, 12:21 PM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by tailskid
A big ado about nothing!
Not really, it was an opportunity for certain people to cry foul.
Old 12-14-2018, 12:24 PM
Appowner
Banned

Originally Posted by tailskid
A big ado about nothing!
Most likely so. But a curious topic none the less.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:57 PM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

so, has anyone gotten any response from their representative about this?

for whatever reason, i am unable to log on the AMA site to check there.
Old 12-14-2018, 02:44 PM
init4fun

I just got an AMA email that Chad Budreau has indeed been named ED at the "Emergency" meeting .

Still wondering what the "Emergency" of such an appointment is ???
Old 12-14-2018, 04:05 PM
foodstick

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

maybe this is it?

Click image for larger version

Name:	DuURnn2UYAA5zUF.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	62.5 KB
ID:	2263016

https://www.rt.com/news/446416-plane...lision-mexico/
Old 12-15-2018, 03:21 AM
Appowner
Banned

Really? They knew of Dave's retiring back in March maybe even before. Then his passing in October. Now all of a sudden it's an "emergency" to fill the position?

More Sub-standard performance that will be excused and accepted by the membership.
Old 12-15-2018, 05:41 AM
tedsander

Received 68 Likes on 64 Posts

Really? They knew of Dave's retiring back in March maybe even before. Then his passing in October. Now all of a sudden it's an "emergency" to fill the position?

More Sub-standard performance that will be excused and accepted by the membership.
Quite the axe to grind, eh? How is this "sub-standard"?

The by-laws are explicit -
1. There is a mandated "general" EC meeting, once a year. There must be a 20 day notice of the meeting. More than one can be scheduled.
2. Special meetings may be called, and require at least a 15 day notice. They are only for a specific stated purpose.
3. The President can designate any Special Meeting as an "Emergency", and skip the notice period.

There is no definition as to what an "Emergency" is - it is solely up to the President to determine.

Based on what has been published: The process to recruit, interview, complete background checks, negotiate, offer and accept for the ED position reached the end. Apparently all that was left was formal EC acceptance. So why string it out a couple more weeks? The by-laws offer a path to get things done quickly, so it was taken. The word used got some worked up, but the process was efficient and effective.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:02 AM
speedracerntrixie

Gotta admire Franklin’s brilliance, he knows all he has to do is set the stage and his “ Actors “ will play the part.
Old 12-15-2018, 07:43 AM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

Franklin didn't do anything other than announce an emergency meeting and respond a few times after that. The rest of the thread was strictly every one else's doing. BTW, the every one else does include you, Speed. I guess that makes you just as guilty as every one else as to where this thread went.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:18 AM
speedracerntrixie

Dave, I can’t argue with that. Only difference is that my participation was not of malice intentions.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:21 AM
Appowner
Banned

Originally Posted by tedsander
Quite the axe to grind, eh? How is this "sub-standard"?

The by-laws are explicit -
1. There is a mandated "general" EC meeting, once a year. There must be a 20 day notice of the meeting. More than one can be scheduled.
2. Special meetings may be called, and require at least a 15 day notice. They are only for a specific stated purpose.
3. The President can designate any Special Meeting as an "Emergency", and skip the notice period.

There is no definition as to what an "Emergency" is - it is solely up to the President to determine.

Based on what has been published: The process to recruit, interview, complete background checks, negotiate, offer and accept for the ED position reached the end. Apparently all that was left was formal EC acceptance. So why string it out a couple more weeks? The by-laws offer a path to get things done quickly, so it was taken. The word used got some worked up, but the process was efficient and effective.
Well, apparently 275 days is insufficient time to call a meeting requiring 15 or 20 days advance notice. So we get to declare an emergency meeting! But not really because "emergency" doesn't really mean what it typically means. Just sounds important!

One of the arguments bantered about is that 75 dollars isn't all that much for dues. I'd venture to say you got what you've paid for.
Old 12-15-2018, 08:27 AM
speedracerntrixie

Dave, I can’t argue with that. Only difference is that my participation was not of malice intentions.

Then again Franklin did misquote me on the other site, haven’t see him address that yet. Then again he tends to ignore when he has a slip of words but likes to hold everyone else accountable.
Old 12-15-2018, 09:22 AM
speedracerntrixie

Well, apparently 275 days is insufficient time to call a meeting requiring 15 or 20 days advance notice. So we get to declare an emergency meeting! But not really because "emergency" doesn't really mean what it typically means. Just sounds important!

One of the arguments bantered about is that 75 dollars isn't all that much for dues. I'd venture to say you got what you've paid for.

Ive been working on my 2019 schedule and it looks like 10 + events so far that I am able to attend starting with Jan. 1. That’s a whopping 7.50 per event to enjoy my hobby in the great outdoors with a bunch of friends. Can’t even see a movie for that.
Old 12-15-2018, 12:15 PM
init4fun

While I'm very happy for Chad , and wish him the best in these trying times for our hobby , I fail to see the emergency nature of what should be a pretty routine event . Positions go vacant , it happens for a few different reasons , and I'd like to think my organization has protocols in place such that the filling of any vacancy , for any reason , really shouldn't be an "emergency" event .
Old 12-15-2018, 12:40 PM
speedracerntrixie

Originally Posted by init4fun
While I'm very happy for Chad , and wish him the best in these trying times for our hobby , I fail to see the emergency nature of what should be a pretty routine event . Positions go vacant , it happens for a few different reasons , and I'd like to think my organization has protocols in place such that the filling of any vacancy , for any reason , really shouldn't be an "emergency" event .

If I'm not mistaken, any non scheduled meeting is required to fit under the " emergency " category as per the bylaws.
Old 12-15-2018, 02:30 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

If I'm not mistaken, any non scheduled meeting is required to fit under the " emergency " category as per the bylaws.
According to Businessdictionary.com, emergency is defined as:
Sudden, unexpected, or impending situation that may cause injury, loss of life, damage to the property, and/or interference with the normal activities of a person or firm and which, therefore, requires immediate attention and remedial action.

Using that definition, I don't see where needing to appoint a new ED to be an emergency as the company will continue to operate in it's normal, inefficient manner for as long as needed until one could be found under normal proceedures
Old 12-15-2018, 04:53 PM
speedracerntrixie

So you have gotten so critical of the AMA that you are criticizing their use of a single word?
Old 12-16-2018, 01:18 AM
franklin_m

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So you have gotten so critical of the AMA that you are criticizing their use of a single word?

No. The issue is the use of those single words to limit transparency. What is so difficult about posting something like this as an agenda:

"Meeting called under Article VIII, Section 2, of the AMA Bylaws to select new Executive Director."

Some see things like this as proof that the AMA HQ/EC resist transparency. Other examples include refusal to share demographic data WRT members. Another example would be the refusal to share data about usage of the "Taj-Muncie" facility. Yet another example would be over $1 million in "expenses" that are uncategorized. And the one before this, not responding to a question about whether members paid for Hanson's Australia boondoggle.

Last edited by franklin_m; 12-16-2018 at 01:24 AM.
Old 12-16-2018, 05:01 AM
fliers1

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Apparently some meeting are via telephone or virtual. Maybe they're listening to advice from the membership. January 8, 2018 Ontario CAApril 21, 2018Muncie INJuly 14, 2018 Muncie INNovember 4, 2018Pomona CANovember 29, 2018(Telephone conference)December 13, 2018(Virtual)January 26 (Tentative to be virtual)April 6Toledo OH
(Membership meeting: Time and room will be announced.)April 27-28 Muncie INAugust 3-4 Muncie INNovember 9-10 Muncie IN

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.